THE MIGHTY GIANTS - 2016 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a little confused. I never really looked at the package we bought - just renewed from last year, and the year before and the year before because we're happy where we sit and it's all good and we were never going to make the finals when we bought our package originally.

Now that finals are almost upon us and that email came through offering the 200, I thought I'd check out exactly what we get as opposed to other members.

As a "Members Reserve" member (which we are) we get...
  • Priority access to purchase 2016 Toyota AFL Finals tickets, subject to the GIANTS competing
A "Sydney Giant" member (same as us except reserved seat in the bay next door) you get...
  • Priority access to purchase a 2016 Toyota AFL Finals and Grand Final Ticket, subject to the GIANTS competing
An "Ultimate Giant" (same as Sydney Giant except you also get Manuka) you get...
  • Guaranteed access to purchase a 2016 Toyota AFL Grand Final Ticket, subject to the GIANTS competing

So from what I read there, the Grand Final is not part of the finals and an ultimate giant doesn't get access to finals tickets, only the grand final. Only the Sydney Giants get early access to both finals and grand finals. Of course, I would argue that the grand final is in fact a final.

How many tickets does each club get for the grand final? I get that the big clubs have to line up and go into a lottery because there are more members than tickets - but with only 15K members you'd think that the club allocation would cover that (or at least go close) so we would be fairly unlucky to miss out.

It's a lot of money to guarantee something that's not guaranteed. I already get priority access to finals tickets....
What to do? What to do? Hmmmmm.

I'm a little confused. I never really looked at the package we bought - just renewed from last year, and the year before and the year before because we're happy where we sit and it's all good and we were never going to make the finals when we bought our package originally.

Now that finals are almost upon us and that email came through offering the 200, I thought I'd check out exactly what we get as opposed to other members.

As a "Members Reserve" member (which we are) we get...
  • Priority access to purchase 2016 Toyota AFL Finals tickets, subject to the GIANTS competing
A "Sydney Giant" member (same as us except reserved seat in the bay next door) you get...
  • Priority access to purchase a 2016 Toyota AFL Finals and Grand Final Ticket, subject to the GIANTS competing
An "Ultimate Giant" (same as Sydney Giant except you also get Manuka) you get...
  • Guaranteed access to purchase a 2016 Toyota AFL Grand Final Ticket, subject to the GIANTS competing

So from what I read there, the Grand Final is not part of the finals and an ultimate giant doesn't get access to finals tickets, only the grand final. Only the Sydney Giants get early access to both finals and grand finals. Of course, I would argue that the grand final is in fact a final.

How many tickets does each club get for the grand final? I get that the big clubs have to line up and go into a lottery because there are more members than tickets - but with only 15K members you'd think that the club allocation would cover that (or at least go close) so we would be fairly unlucky to miss out.

It's a lot of money to guarantee something that's not guaranteed. I already get priority access to finals tickets....
What to do? What to do? Hmmmmm.
Each club gets 10,000 tickets to distribute to its members. I'm an Ultimate member, mainly because we go to all home games including Canberra, but even if I wasn't I'd still be confident of getting a ticket at a lower level of membership . More than 1/3 of our members wouldn't be able to attend the GF for financial or other reasons if we made it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each club gets 10,000 tickets to distribute to its members. I'm an Ultimate member, mainly because we go to all home games including Canberra, but even if I wasn't I'd still be confident of getting a ticket at a lower level of membership . More than 1/3 of our members wouldn't be able to attend the GF for financial or other reasons if we made it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's what I was thinking - 10k isn't much of an allocation in a 100K stadium - but if you're early enough....

Dare I say it, the probability of getting GF tkts is increased because we have quality in our membershio currently not quantity. Finals tkts are open slather with members of competing clubs getting a head start when tbey are released for sale. ( I might have to gett a proxy as I have slow fingers as I like my usual seat if it's at spotless).
Kudos to those who are foundation members, I am not . I reckon we are a good chance of making it next year and our membership will grow. I will upgrade and book leave early in tbe year as I really want to be there if we.do.

I have a question? My family and I have four Giants Members Reserve memberships (good for the 8 games at Spotless). Are we guaranteed the opportunity to buy Grand Final tickets should the Giants make it?

I have a question? My family and I have four Giants Members Reserve memberships (good for the 8 games at Spotless). Are we guaranteed the opportunity to buy Grand Final tickets should the Giants make it?
technically no, that's the ultimate level of membership.
practically, probably

Same as us. Rights to purchase finals tickets early but not GF tickets - that said, with a club allocation of 10-15K it shouldn't be too difficult to get a couple of those, should the need arise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back