Analysis The mini draftees

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Crouch flying so far below the radar on those numbers.

Everyone knows Jaeger O'Meara.

Hardly anyone outside of Adelaide knows of Brad Crouch (aside from the esteemed posters on this forum).

Fingers crossed for him and the Crows his foot gets better permanently.
Get_Off_Your_High_Horse_by_jbigz.png

Oh yes that's right think Bombers took Joe Daniher that year and if mini drafts would have progressed to following year as well, Bombers wouldn't have been eligable due to not having any first or 2nd rd picks, other than Crameri and Ryder deals that got them those picks
I have no idea what you even mean, sorry.

My thoughts are, if had time again

2012 should have considered trading Pick 13 to GWS and scored Tom Boyd in the Mini Draft

& spread rumours on Troy Menzel's knee bring re-injured creating doubts amongst recruiters and taking him with our 2nd Rd at 35

Would have been very successful period of had managed to pull that off
That's one of the stupidest hypotheticals ever

That's one of the stupidest hypotheticals ever

Would of never of happened
Not enough currency unless traded Murphy who is our captain, Bryce who recently won of B&F and on 5 year deal or Matthew who should return soon and fingers crossed stay healthy and be serviceable for us over next few years

Gee Hogan looks great.

Still think Crouch COULD be the best of them if he stays on the park.

I think any club would be pretty happy to have any of these 4 players, even considering their injuries.
Any of these players could be the best of them. In terms of rating the midfielders though (if we classify Martin as one) Crouch is my favourite. Just about my favourite young mid in the comp tbh.

I think I heard that his 40 possession effort against Hawthorrn last season (losing side at that) made him the youngest player to ever achieve the feat...

If he does manage to get a full 22 game season under his belt, people will take a lot more notice...

It want Crouch it was McCrae.

O'Meara so far been ok, injury has been a big set. Same can be said for Crouch & Jack Martin and minor disipline issue

Jesse Hogan also had a delay in injury but looking really good atm

O'Meara so far been ok, injury has been a big set. Same can be said for Crouch & Jack Martin and minor disipline issue

Jesse Hogan also had a delay in injury but looking really good atm

O'Meara has been just a bit better than ok. He's played exceptional footy and is probably the Suns second best player.

O'Meara has been behind Prestia and Bennell.

No way is he the second best player.

He's been good. But his media profile doesn't match his performance compared to Crouch for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Meara has been behind Prestia and Bennell.

No way is he the second best player.

He's been good. But his media profile doesn't match his performance compared to Crouch for example.
Crouch is an in and under accumulator, will be Rockliff like in the future.

O'Meara is explosive, easily the best mid out of the 3. Martin seems accomplished in front of goal but I don't think he'll be a full time mid.

Crouch is Joel Selwood.

Not enough evidence to suggest that O'Meara will be or is the best mid of the three. Certainly not enough evidence to conclude he is or will be easily the best mid of the three.

JOM has always had knee issues since back to school days. Was always amazed at how he managed to perform his athletic feats whilst managing his body.

Who were the other options in the Omera/Crouch year?
I'm pretty sure the only other two really considered that year were Josh Kelly and Jake Stringer (pre broken leg).

Crouch is Joel Selwood.

Not enough evidence to suggest that O'Meara will be or is the best mid of the three. Certainly not enough evidence to conclude he is or will be easily the best mid of the three.

Crouch is an in and under accumulator, will be Rockliff like in the future.

O'Meara is explosive, easily the best mid out of the 3. Martin seems accomplished in front of goal but I don't think he'll be a full time mid.

I think people are underestimating just how powerful Crouch is on the burst. Is he electric? Nope. Is he quick? Relatively. Does he have breakaway speed? Absolutely.

When this all went down I had JOM > Martin > Hogan >> Crouch - I didn't like what we paid for Crouch. I also didn't think Hogan was a top 1-2 draftee which he was priced at. But I was wrong; I think all four from the mini draft could conceivably be top 10-20 players in the league. I'm not sure what the chances of all four of these players looking like future superstars was - but it's happened. And I think each club will be very satisfied with what they paid for these guys. No point comparing them now - what's clear is that all are, barring injury, going to be truly elite players. Hogan the most structurally important, O'Meara the most talented, Martin the most exciting & freakish and Crouch the most prolific.

From people who played with Jack Martin in the U 18's i've been told he is the absolute best player they have ever seen. This is from a team that included Hogan and O'Meara etc.

However I just can't see it at this stage.

O'Meara is the best midfielder out of the three. Crouch a clear second and Martin a distant third if things continue to trend in the current way.

Hogan looks to be the best of all of them however

Hogan the most structurally important, O'Meara the most talented, Martin the most exciting & freakish and Crouch the most prolific.
I don't know if you can say that Crouch is more prolific than Hogan. Collects more touches, sure, but Hogan is already kicking 2.2 goals per game. Bit stiff to compare O'Meara and Hogan for talent too. Obviously I'm biased, but Hogan has pretty much the perfect attributes you'd want want of any young key forward save for goal kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back