News The MODS on this forum ban posts they dont agree with!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit it was an ugly incident. But I will stand by my views and stand up for myself anytime. I respect everyone's right to post an opinion... but I also reserve my right of reply as I see fit.

Nothing to fear... nothing to hide.

VDS66 the drive by snipers comment is as irrelevant as what happened in the past on another site. No need to explain or apologise. The forum is for football discussion, not character attacks on you, or Watters.

Like most of us i have a lifelong love of the Saints, although its not a rose coloured glasses view as they do occasionally do stuff that i totally disagree with , and im not exactly a card carrying member of the Scotty Watters fan club yet . I must admit i find something a little off putting about really short men with curly hair being in positions of power:D . Wich explains why Leo Sayer was a singer and not a Platoon leader, and i struggle a bit with a Shirley Temple look alike telling Lenny & Roo how to play footy :p But i will give Scotty time to prove himself as im sure Scotty and the people running the Saints know a shipload more about running a club than i do:thumbsu: , so besides from a few harmless jibes i try not to blatantly rubbish anybody.
Wich brings me to my point (yes there was a point after that long winded waffle :p )

In regards to trolls just bagging the crap out of everyone , i really dont see why you would be bothered ?????
If you dont enjoy a TV show turn it off. If you dont like what people are discussing on a certain site then dont go on that site.
Life can be simple if you let it :)

Like most of us i have a lifelong love of the Saints, although its not a rose coloured glasses view as they do occasionally do stuff that i totally disagree with , and im not exactly a card carrying member of the Scotty Watters fan club yet . I must admit i find something a little off putting about really short men with curly hair being in positions of power:D . Wich explains why Leo Sayer was a singer and not a Platoon leader, and i struggle a bit with a Shirley Temple look alike telling Lenny & Roo how to play footy :p But i will give Scotty time to prove himself as im sure Scotty and the people running the Saints know a shipload more about running a club than i do:thumbsu: , so besides from a few harmless jibes i try not to blatantly rubbish anybody.
Wich brings me to my point (yes there was a point after that long winded waffle :p )

In regards to trolls just bagging the crap out of everyone , i really dont see why you would be bothered ?????
If you dont enjoy a TV show turn it off. If you dont like what people are discussing on a certain site then dont go on that site.
Life can be simple if you let it :)

So people who like coming to the site and discussing footy shouldn't come because of 1 or 2 people? Why do they get to ruin it?

So people who like coming to the site and discussing footy shouldn't come because of 1 or 2 people? Why do they get to ruin it?
huh? i never said that at all. I said i dont understand why somebody would keep posting on a site if they didnt like or agree with what anybody else was talking about and just argue like a troll. I was obviously having a crack at trolls , not the average punter who enjoys this site :thumbsu:

huh? i never said that at all. I said i dont understand why somebody would keep posting on a site if they didnt like or agree with what anybody else was talking about and just argue like a troll. I was obviously having a crack at trolls , not the average punter who enjoys this site :thumbsu:

I getcha now. Agreed.

Q-train, I think WO has an agenda - he has decided (for whatever reason) that Watters is no good and he sees it as his mission to convince everyone else. He evangelises rather than persuades and he uses inuendo rather than evidence. Most people recognise that his heart is probably in the right place but they are unconvinced by his arguments. When posters point out that he is having a negative effect on the club he loves he becomes exasperated and accuses them of sticking their heads in the sand or accepting mediocrity. I think this is unfair.
We all have to make judgements on what to think given the evidence available. WO has no greater insight into the club than you and I - he has decided something and nothing will change his mind. Most people here have a hard enough time of it balancing their loyalty for the club with their rational deductions from the information they get. I am wary of people who cannot be swayed by any amount of evidence. These are the true fanatics.
I have contacted the club and I am awaiting a reply - I don't know if I will get one but if I do I will let people know what they say

PS I am a mod and I have not banned WO ever

Q-train, I think WO has an agenda - he has decided (for whatever reason) that Watters is no good and he sees it as his mission to convince everyone else. He evangelises rather than persuades and he uses inuendo rather than evidence. Most people recognise that his heart is probably in the right place but they are unconvinced by his arguments. When posters point out that he is having a negative effect on the club he loves he becomes exasperated and accuses them of sticking their heads in the sand or accepting mediocrity. I think this is unfair.
We all have to make judgements on what to think given the evidence available. WO has no greater insight into the club than you and I - he has decided something and nothing will change his mind. Most people here have a hard enough time of it balancing their loyalty for the club with their rational deductions from the information they get. I am wary of people who cannot be swayed by any amount of evidence. These are the true fanatics.
I have contacted the club and I am awaiting a reply - I don't know if I will get one but if I do I will let people know what they say

PS I am a mod and I have not banned WO ever

What have you asked the club?

I might add that:
  • Winners attacked the authority of Grant Thomas when he was coach.
  • Winners is attacking the authority of Scott Watters now that he is coach. (he may have done this for Lyon - I honestly can't remember)
  • Winners is now attacking the authority of the moderators here.
I see a pattern here. This is all about attacking those in authority, for whatever reason. Criticising those in authority for their poor actions is one thing. But criticising them simply because they ARE in authority at all, is pretty poor form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

revolution.jpg

I think this thread has run its course. I'm not sure if the mods are wary about locking it because of the topic. But you have my vote to shut it down.

Agree. Probably. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back