Club History The Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how age is a factor at all. The man is just a champ who will do that every day of the week if he needs to.

Correct. This is the man who loves the game so much that he (allegedly) had his wife hide footballs in the kitchen cupboards in order for him to test his reflexes. This may be my favourite non on-field football tidbit btw.

EDIT: Apart from David Neitz dressing up like Mr T, of course. <<

Not sure how age is a factor at all. The man is just a champ who will do that every day of the week if he needs to.

Probably because he doesn't have to prove himself to anyone and he could have just gone front an centre , just another example of true leadership

Correct. This is the man who loves the game so much that he (allegedly) had his wife hide footballs in the kitchen cupboards in order for him to test his reflexes. This may be my favourite non on-field football tidbit btw.

EDIT: Apart from David Neitz dressing up like Mr T, of course. <<

That is commitment right there!

Every time I see that Cross chip pass it looks like it's going straight to Dawes right until the moment it lands in Salem's arms. Is it just me?

I thought he kicked it straight to the only defender when it happened
Nearly threw my Iphone threw the window

One of the best things I've ever read. Was just as good as watching the footage. Very well written! In other news, I saw this and I now have to share it...

1zbw56v.jpg
Oh s**t, that can not be liked enough !

Every time I see that Cross chip pass it looks like it's going straight to Dawes right until the moment it lands in Salem's arms. Is it just me?
For a guy not known for his kicking, he sure did fool a lot of people, was genuinely a great kick. As good as Salem was in assessing the situation, credit goes to Dawes he could have demanded it and ran over the top for the Joe the Goose and you'd think the 5th gamer would give it to him, but he knew there mustn't have been much time left either and backed Salem in to kick it.

For a guy not known for his kicking, he sure did fool a lot of people, was genuinely a great kick. As good as Salem was in assessing the situation, credit goes to Dawes he could have demanded it and ran over the top for the Joe the Goose and you'd think the 5th gamer would give it to him, but he knew there mustn't have been much time left either and backed Salem in to kick it.
Love Dawesy, but I'm confident part of him was quite happy Cross went inwards with the kick. :p

An important note on this play: we're ranked 'lowest' in the competition for metres gained by handball, going the furthest into negative figures (i.e. we go backward by handball more than we go forward). This isn't a bad thing by any means, nor is it a good thing (Hawthorn and Freo have similar figures to us in this stat). That this play though came at a moment in the game where we needed to handball forward to win shows the development coming from Roos' regime - the consistent handballing backwards is obviously a deliberate result of the Roos game plan, so what this passage of play showed was how the team has evolved from relying on this game plan to being able to - insofar as it's indicative of anything more than pure desperation - innovate beyond it and take the game on and play as the match requires, which is something we didn't do against Collingwood.

An important note on this play: we're ranked 'lowest' in the competition for metres gained by handball, going the furthest into negative figures (i.e. we go backward by handball more than we go forward). This isn't a bad thing by any means, nor is it a good thing (Hawthorn and Freo have similar figures to us in this stat). That this play though came at a moment in the game where we needed to handball forward to win shows the development coming from Roos' regime - the consistent handballing backwards is obviously a deliberate result of the Roos game plan, so what this passage of play showed was how the team has evolved from relying on this game plan to being able to - insofar as it's indicative of anything more than pure desperation - innovate beyond it and take the game on and play as the match requires, which is something we didn't do against Collingwood.

One thing that has been highly noticeable is the ability to work a free man at the back of a stoppage with handballs
George stone and then cross an Vince have added organization to them

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back