• Offer him more than that

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Match a 500 offer

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Don’t match the offer and take the pick

Votes: 63 61.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ole mate Brando, one of the most polarising players on our list.
I thought I’d throw this down for the hell of it.
Now, I’m not across it but I’ve heard a few people say the next draft isn’t particularly deep so with that in mind and the fact he’s a restricted free agent..one of the top ten salaries on the list.
Where do you sit with Brando?
We do have good talent developing, though he is only 26 and having a really good season so far.
Not many can get to as many contests as him cause of his running but doesn’t win much if his own ball.
Isn’t great overhead but maybe has clicked into becoming a leader on the field and as someone who has the resilience to make it back from being dropped for finals.

I don’t mind him and props to him for playing some great footy , in this form I have no doubt he will get some very handsome offers 500+ , look at what Polec and conca were offered. Brando plays with dash and clubs love that. The bad news for his fans at Richmond is that an outside mid isnt all that hard to replace , with naishy right on the cusp and good reports about turner already , I reckon the club would be pretty comfortable in covering him , we need his salary to re sign our best youngsters in any case

Also depends how he jells with the team - off the field - like the rumours we heard about some called Brett … who went to the Wandering Giants, and as those rumours go - was a bit of a campaigner off the field … If Brando is a good fit for the team and he gets on well them etc - keep him - he's goes mostly Ok on game day (most of the time) with some odd weeks of brilliance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't have thought his in the best 22 when everyone's fit. I'm happy for him to stay, but footy is a ruthless business and we can't afford to pay him more than his worth just to keep him around.

And for Brando, this is possibly his best chance to financially set up his family for the future.

Last edited:
Thin FA market and having Brando playing good footy will bump his price up. I reckon we could get an end of 1st round pick if he wants to leave.

As much as I think Brandon goes OK most of the time, if his recent form necessitated a big pay day from another Club and it pushed is Compo in the realms of end of first Round, it would be a win / win.

The alternative, and probably most likely scenario is he's offered fair money on 2-3 year deal at Richmond, and then a long term deal at another Club on slightly more money that will only nett us an end of Round 2 pick will pop up. I think that Compo pick would require a canny draft selection for us to just break even over time. I think he will become collateral damage for some salary relief to reward others.

It will be seen as part of what our Club does to keep some others. Cue usual Balmey well managed platitude. It's my guess how it plays out.

Back