• Offer him more than that

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Match a 500 offer

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Don’t match the offer and take the pick

Votes: 63 61.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He missed round 1 thats correct so he has played 5 games and has played 2 good games against Port & Melbourne with the other 3 games being just average not so good and not so bad games but you believe he is top 5 in our B & F .............. Really ??

He really has not been that great Barnzy maybe he has exceeded our expectations of him but really not top 10 imo
ellis has been, 1. n/a 2. ok 3. ok 4. very good 5. very good 6. very good. you may not agree with some of us...... but i bet the match committee do.

ellis has been, 1. n/a 2. ok 3. ok 4. very good 5. very good 6. very good. you may not agree with some of us...... but i bet the match committee do.
I'll take that bet

Round 1, N/a

Round 2. 24 pos , 1 tackle
BEST
Richmond:
Lynch, Edwards, Cotchin, Short, Martin
Collingwood: De Goey, Beams, Crisp, Treloar, Howe, Mayne, Pendlebury

Round 3 . 21. pos , 1 tackle ( Lambert 33 , Prestia 34 , Edwards 25 , Lynch 4 goals ,)
BEST
Greater Western Sydney:
Cameron, Whitfield, Finlayson, de Boer, Taranto, Hopper,
Richmond: Lambert, Prestia, Lynch, Edwards, Stack

Round 4. 28 touches , Ross 25 , Lambert 24 , Edwards 23 , Lynch 6 goals , Grimes & Vlastuin sensational
BEST
Port Adelaide:
Rockliff, Houston, Ebert, Boak, Jonas, Byrne-Jones
Richmond: Ellis, Grimes, Lynch, Prestia, Edwards, Ross

Round 5. 21 touches , Prestia 32 4 tackles , Higgins 25 5tackles , Martin 25 3 goals , Edwards 28 , Vlaustin 20 and 10 marks , Stack 22 4 tackles)
BEST
Richmond:
Edwards, Martin, Prestia, Stack, Vlastuin, Higgins
Sydney: Parker, Kennedy, Rampe, Lloyd, Franklin

Round 6. 22 touches 8 tackes , Houli 32 5 tackles , Vlastuin 28 , Prestia 30 6 tackles, Lambert 29 7 tackles, Baker , Edwards,Grimes,Stack all very good
BEST
Richmond:
Vlastuin, Houli, Prestia, Lambert, Baker, Riewoldt
Melbourne: Gawn, Melksham, Hibberd, T.McDonald, Brayshaw, Viney

I have him for 2 Good games where he would feature in the top 10 , The match reports only have him in the bests in 1 game, But Happy to take the bet he would not be in our best 5

Unfortunately he is quite one dimensional , as a result changing of rules can and has significantly affected his worth.
With the latest changes outside runners with high endurance are again of high importance and value.
However, like miles(below the knees rule) he is only one rule change away becoming worth little again.

If he is willing to take a pay cut then keep him, if not then I don't care if he leaves. He is best 22 and has been playing well since he went back onto the wing but he doesn't deserve to be one of the top 10 highest paid at the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately he is quite one dimensional , as a result changing of rules can and has significantly affected his worth.
With the latest changes outside runners with high endurance are again of high importance and value.
However, like miles(below the knees rule) he is only one rule change away becoming worth little again.
Could be why the Hawks traded for that running machine in Scully....new rules makes high endurance runners super important!

[QUOTE="Spacedog, post: 60652337, member: 169995"]If he is willing to take a pay cut then keep him, if not then I don't care if he leaves. He is best 22 and has been playing well since he went back onto the wing but he doesn't deserve to be one of the top 10 highest paid at the club[/QUOTE]

With our TPP cap so tight we need to increase salaries of players like Vlastuin,Higgins,Balta and in time Ross ,Rcd,Stack and more
We cannot afford to pay $400k to a player like Ellis where we have sufficient depth and probably upgrades available on our list that are younger

We will need to cash in a player like Ells and collect the pick as thats whats going to keep us competitive and ahead of the pack, Its also better for Ellis as well
He has his medal and will be able to earn $500k-$600k for another 4-5 years and will probably become a 300 game player

Brandon Ellis is surplus to our needs

He might be another Conca in a sense he will be out the door for a better offer.

Ellis is a miles better footballer than Conca though.

I am amazed people say the guy who would be currently would be top 5 in our B&F is "easily replaced, expendable, etc".
Not 1 vote in our B&F last year says it all really... i think you might want to get off the crack there is no way he is in our top 5 atm.

Thin FA market and having Brando playing good footy will bump his price up. I reckon we could get an end of 1st round pick if he wants to leave.

End of first round pick!? People are really over rating his value in here. He would be a 3rd or 4th round, very low value and replaceable.

Having said that I would keep him, pretty solid depth player, seems like a good club man.

We do have Shorty out injured. He is a runner and could play Ellis's position. He is already on 500k I believe. I like the look of the backline without Short & Rance.

I'd love to keep him and I think he's definitely in our best 22 when near his best, He is one of our hardest runners and always puts in 110% for the club and that's why I love him. Whilst his foot skills are pretty average and he makes a lot of clangers he is able to make up for it with hard running and just doing the things that don't require any talent really well. Of course there are some weeks when he's awful but you can't be at your absolute best every week, what he does do every single time he plays is make it into our top 2 or 3 for the stat of most distance covered. That said, the club needs to manage their finances and obviously can't afford to pay him very much so hopefully he's not demanding too much and is willing to loose out on some cash to stay with us.

Not 1 vote in our B&F last year says it all really... i think you might want to get off the crack there is no way he is in our top 5 atm.

Not sure why you're bringing up last year. Ellis looks a different player to last year now playing in his natural position off a wing.

Brandon's problem is he shits the bed when played in defence. I think even his fans will acknowledge this. I have been calling for him to be played on the wing for about 2 years.
If he's in the top ten salaries at the club we are paying too much for him. This is not being nasty, it is being pragmatic.
We cannot pay overs for a player who costs us goals when he takes posession in the back half.
If some other club wants to pay him more than we can, then it's thanks so much and good luck, and you will always be a Tiger life member.

He's not the only player with limitations (e.g. Kamdyn - who I rate - has a terrible habit of butchering the ball into the forward line). But this is not the thread for it.

Back