Prediction The Month Ahead - Finals Edition

Geelong's finals campaign will play out as...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Your thread is still alive. Either Nostradamus or flayed alive by the masses :p
Yep. Fun times if im right. Have to admit I think i did underestimate sydney to a degree. Didnt think they would reach the level they have. Still think GWS and geelong have a higher level though but have turned out to be more inconsistent then i expected. Will see if they can turn it up a gear during finals or not.

I hope we don't come up gainst GWS in a Grand final. They are the kind of team that could play out of their skins on the day and we are the kind of team that could let them do that.
The SJ factor would be weird/scary too.(nightmares of him doing a Stuart Dew :eek:)
To play Hawks and beat them in a GF would be sooo sweet
Got to get there first...:fire::fire:.....:rainbow:

Yep. Fun times if im right. Have to admit I think i did underestimate sydney to a degree. Didnt think they would reach the level they have. Still think GWS and geelong have a higher level though but have turned out to be more inconsistent then i expected. Will see if they can turn it up a gear during finals or not.
Great prediction i.e. GWS having the higher level. Proven.

Yep good call. Gws have a level above :)

It was a perfect storm for the Swans. Poor conversion early when they should have been 3-4 goals up, injuries to Kennedy and Tippett, losing Mills before half time.

GWS super impressive but I regard the Swans as the bigger threat to us on the MCG. More than happy to play the Giants in the GF if that's how it pans out.

It was a perfect storm for the Swans. Poor conversion early when they should have been 3-4 goals up, injuries to Kennedy and Tippett, losing Mills before half time.

GWS super impressive but I regard the Swans as the bigger threat to us on the MCG. More than happy to play the Giants in the GF if that's how it pans out.
Swans dont worry me. If we play to our best i think our best is better. Swans record against other top eight sides hasnt been all that good. Their defence is poor, rucks are poor and forward line lacks variety. I however dont know if our best is good enough to beat gws best. Gws should of won by a lot more if they kicked straight. Johnson and cameron sprayed a lot of very gettable shots. Dont have any weaknesses other than they are inconsistent. But if they are on its going to be very tough.

Swans dont worry me. If we play to our best i think our best is better. Swans record against other top eight sides hasnt been all that good. Their defence is poor, rucks are poor and forward line lacks variety. I however dont know if our best is good enough to beat gws best. Gws should of won by a lot more if they kicked straight. Johnson and cameron sprayed a lot of very gettable shots. Dont have any weaknesses other than they are inconsistent. But if they are on its going to be very tough.

I'm still not sold on GWS interstate. They've still only had one away win against a top 8 side in their history which was against a shot Kangaroos in round 23 (and even the it took the Giants more than a half to shake them).

They will be deserved faves against Hawks/Dogs in the prelim but the GF would be a whole new level of pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beat hawks

Lose to sydney in preliminary
You are allowed to change your opinion., please let it be so.
Swans will be very tough. Fortunately perhaps, they are a little wounded and have to beat the Crows who are psycho enough to put everything on the line this week.

You are allowed to change your opinion., please let it be so.
Swans will be very tough. Fortunately perhaps, they are a little wounded and have to beat the Crows who are psycho enough to put everything on the line this week.

I said during the game on friday that we would go out in straight sets so i am not a very good judge. Hope this helps.

OWAAT.
We have to beat Swans. (Or Crows)
GWS has to beat Hawks OR Dogs.
I can see a future set of GWS/DOGS GF's, the new rivalry.
Agree with you though, their list is extraordinary- even their # 2 ruck is a mobile 206 cm skilled acquisition.
They may have to play without SJ.
Their pace, aggro and skill is scary- an upmarket complete version of the Doggies.
Either way, SJ possibly could be the cause of our demise, indirectly- not by us not having him, but by the carnage he created in getting rid of Swans prime mover effectively for the match. Kennedy was useless when he came back on. So now, we face possibly the only team we are yet to beat who you don't rate as highly as they finished.

OWAAT.
We have to beat Swans. (Or Crows)
GWS has to beat Hawks OR Dogs.
I can see a future set of GWS/DOGS GF's, the new rivalry.
Agree with you though, their list is extraordinary- even their # 2 ruck is a mobile 206 cm skilled acquisition.
They may have to play without SJ.
Their pace, aggro and skill is scary- an upmarket complete version of the Doggies.
Either way, SJ possibly could be the cause of our demise, indirectly- not by us not having him, but by the carnage he created in getting rid of Swans prime mover effectively for the match. Kennedy was useless when he came back on. So now, we face possibly the only team we are yet to beat who you don't rate as highly as they finished.
Valid points, however I should point out that the MCG will be very different to spotless and the SCG...and seeing that it'll be over a month playing interstate I'm not too sure if that's a good preparation for an intense Grand final in Melbourne in front a large hostile crowd.

Time will tell if they make it that far.

Narrow loss to Hawthorn, beat WCE then lose the PF to Sydney - if that's who we run up against.

I'll start from that pretty disappointing base and watch with optimism.
Ok, so my pessimistic approach worked a treat on Friday, so there's no need to change course.

Narrow prelim loss to whoever...

Valid points, however I should point out that the MCG will be very different to spotless and the SCG...and seeing that it'll be over a month playing interstate I'm not too sure if that's a good preparation for an intense Grand final in Melbourne in front a large hostile crowd.

Time will tell if they make it that far.
How will we be after another 2w waiting?

Getting to rest our battered bodies in preparation for Sydney or Adelaide coming off six days (and Adelaide travelling twice in a row if the Crows are our opponent) then eight days v seven (and either a travelling Giants, or Bulldogs/Hawthorn being forced to do it the hard way) has set it up perfectly for us...which in a way makes me pretty nervous (it's got a bit of 2013 QF about it, with us being given a clear, almost unexpected, fixturing advantage).

Meh, we're down to the final four. They're not supposed to be easy games.

Back