Prediction The month ahead - Giants, Lions, Hawks, Crows

How will we go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

LLWL

No chance of beating GWS.
Typical arrogance and lack of traveling ability will see them lose to the Lions.
Will beat the Hawks but it'll be close.
Will travel to Adelaide with arrogance and complacency gained from beating them a few times recently. Pyke will be ready this time and Adelaide will do the job easily at their home ground.

Pretty good. Only got the Lions game wrong.

"No chance of beating GWS"
Did Geelong beat GWS?
Did Geelong have no chance of beating GWS? Led most of the night and could have won with a kick after the siren. That's not no chance, which would imply never really getting close (like tonight).

"LLWL"

That one was a D though mate!

For interest sake, those of us who selected 2-2 were closer than you. Even the 3-1's as well.
You have me there on the raw W/L. I think my predictions for the Hawks and Adelaide games were pretty spot-on though.

Did Geelong have no chance of beating GWS? Led most of the night and could have won with a kick after the siren. That's not no chance, which would imply never really getting close (like tonight).
Only the result matters. Geelong fired their best shot and couldn't run out the match, resulting in a draw.

Only the result matters. Geelong fired their best shot and couldn't run out the match, resulting in a draw.
I am always guilty of forgetting that we fire our best shots with Joel out and two rookie listed teenagers debuting.

You have me there on the raw W/L. I think my predictions for the Hawks and Adelaide games were pretty spot-on though.

Does that mean GWS also fired their best shot and couldn't run out the match and win either?

My prediction for that game was made in the context of Geelong having a number of outs. That's why I said the side had 'no chance'.
But we ran out the game, could easily have won, and still weren't defeated. If that's no chance I'd like to see merely low odds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back