Prediction The month ahead - Port, Crows, Dogs & Eagles

How many will we win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We've only beaten 1 team inside the 8 at the moment and 3 losses. We're middle of the road for sure.
Dees are 2-0
Freo are 2-1
Carlton 1-1
Brisbane are 2-1
Sydney 1-1
Saints 3-1
Richmond 0-3

Two of our losses were 3 and 10 points. Another we won on expected score. Not a lot in it at this point.

Dees are 2-0
Freo are 2-1
Carlton 1-1
Brisbane are 2-1
Sydney 1-1
Saints 3-1
Richmond 0-3

Two of our losses were 3 and 10 points. Another we won on expected score. Not a lot in it at this point.

We've beaten 1 top 8 team which was at home and then beaten 11th,15th,16th and 17th. We've then lost to 3rd,5th,6th and 13th which means 3 out of our 4 losses are against top 8 teams. That's not a record of a team in the mix imo.

Most of the other teams you pointed out are at least 50/50 in win losses with the exception of the Us and the Tiges which is the 7th and 8th team, (in other words, the 2 worst teams in the 8) I think we would have beaten Saints and Freo in the past, but not this year.

That's middle of the road for me, and our ladder position accurately reflects that. A soft draw coming up in the back half of the year might allow us to finish higher again, but I think we're a bog average team this year going backwards.

Well the next month or whatever between these 2 threads

With the team - currently got - Stanley out - Dangerfielld out - Holmes ( easily the best of the youngsters ) out - Henry Rohan etc both out - i cant see us getting near the Bulldogs ( at Docklands where they play very well ) and i think they will beat us by 6-8 goals

I think the Rich game we will probably lose as well - about2-3 goals - we will win the other 2 games tho

Weve had the Bulldogs measure for a long time - if they cant get hold of us this week - they never will

Easy way to double your money doubters

View attachment 1411986
Nup - my golden rule is - i never bet against Geel - because their is no joy in it for me - im not one of these where i chuck something on the opposition because they look to be good odds

The only time i would have a decent bet ( saver on the opposition ) is in a GF - say at the start of this year you had 1k on Cats to win the flag at $12 - and if Geel made the GF - then you would have a decent saver on the opposition - so no matter what the result - you still win a handsome sum

Nup - my golden rule is - i never bet against Geel - because their is no joy in it for me - im not one of these where i chuck something on the opposition because they look to be good odds

The only time i would have a decent bet ( saver on the opposition ) is in a GF - say at the start of this year you had 1k on Cats to win the flag at $12 - and if Geel made the GF - then you would have a decent saver on the opposition - so no matter what the result - you still win a handsome sum
You’re missing out. Emotional hedging is real.

You’re missing out. Emotional hedging is real.
FWIW - if you want to win - betting on AFL - you wont win if you are backing teams just to win the game head to head - you can win however if you back teams to win by very big margins

Best example ever - is the last round of h/away 2011 Coll v Geel . Coll had 3 topliners out - there were 2 already out - and Leon Davis withdrew on the day of the game - however the Cats were still outsiders - and were an incredible $9 to win by plus 39.5pts - Cats smashed the Magpies by 96 pts

Last years Cats v Tigers ( the 1st meeting in the year ) is another good example - Cats won by nearly 70 pts - you could have got similar odds to above

If you are really keen on a team to win a game - back them to win by really big margins - and you get tremendous odds in a 2 horse race

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy way to double your money doubters

View attachment 1411986
That Market has now totally changed - re TAB.Com

WB $1.85 Geel $1.95

So the big early money is for the Dogs - and i reckon the money for them will continue all week - and come the start of the game - i reckon they will be about $1.72 - and we will be out to $2.10 maybe even a touch longer

I was pleasantly surprised when we beat GWS in Canberra - and i will be pleasantly surprised if we win this week

They couldn't could they?
Shocked The Princess Bride GIF

Melbourne 4th?
Brisbane 2nd?

I don't know about this guy, think we should check his credentials
Do you know what the best part is? If by some miracle he is right and we run the table from here our reward would be a "Home" qualifying final against the Demons at the MCG :rolleyes:

Yep, my golden rule, I never bet.

Back