Conspiracy Theory The Moon landing - 40 years on

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did you post this unrelated picture when we were talking about the Van Allen Belt?

To make people think that this cosmonaut turned out this way due to the Van Allen Belt radiation??

Pretty deceptive of you dont you think?

I think thats the remains of a Cosmonaut, after a rocket accident not Van Allen's belt, but just the way it could be if you did get radiated, so has anyone passed through Van Allens belt would be the question, which ever way you wish to answer that is up to each individual.

People watch too many SciFi movies.

They WANT to see a ship rocket blasted DOWN onto the moon surface.

They WANT to see humans destroyed by radiation.

They WANT evidence to support their conspiracy that we never went past our own atmosphere.

Well lets see it? And do they know now , how to get back to the moon?

That explanation sounds like Dermies white board on tactics several years ago on TV, looked like a kindergarten drawing ?
Hilarious!
Walk us through whats wrong with it then...Given you could see how incorrect it is from a moments glance and all...

I think thats the remains of a Cosmonaut, after a rocket accident not Van Allen's belt, but just the way it could be if you did get radiated, so has anyone passed through Van Allens belt would be the question, which ever way you wish to answer that is up to each individual.
Its only up to the individual if you choose to ignore evidence, scientific consensus and rational thought.

You are free to believe whatever you want to believe...it doesn't make it right, nor does your belief carry equal weight.

Well lets see it? And do they know now , how to get back to the moon?

You want us to physically show you an invisible band of radiation?

Yes, they know HOW to get back to the moon, the question is WHY spend the money to do what technology can do without a human behind it?

This always, ALWAYS comes down to MONEY.

You want us to physically show you an invisible band of radiation?

Yes, they know HOW to get back to the moon, the question is WHY spend the money to do what technology can do without a human behind it?

This always, ALWAYS comes down to MONEY.

Also desire, and the will to do it.

Its INSANELY expensive to go, we've been there multiple times...is Joe public prepared to fund it??

If it were up to me, we'd be going every month to the Moon and beyond, but this whole "why havent we been back" argument is nonsense. Even at the HEIGHT of NASA's popularity, just after Apollo 11, the US public approval rating for the Space program was only JUUUUST over 50%. Most of the 60s and 70s it was well below that.

People didnt want to spend the money then...there is zero chance they want to now....until they find Oil there, or China goes to Mars, then...the US is there pronto!

Apparently the only reason why the US didn't can the moon landings because of the cost was the simple fact that it was JFK's legacy after his assassination by Lee Harvey Oswald/the CIA/the Mafia/Elvis/the British royal family/Chinese frogmen/lizard people

Also desire, and the will to do it.

Its INSANELY expensive to go, we've been there multiple times...is Joe public prepared to fund it??

If it were up to me, we'd be going every month to the Moon and beyond, but this whole "why havent we been back" argument is nonsense. Even at the HEIGHT of NASA's popularity, just after Apollo 11, the US public approval rating for the Space program was only JUUUUST over 50%. Most of the 60s and 70s it was well below that.

People didnt want to spend the money then...there is zero chance they want to now....until they find Oil there, or China goes to Mars, then...the US is there pronto!

I love it when you people talk about this "space travel" as if its like taking a bus from Melbourne to Sydney and back, ha ha.
So if it was up to you you'd be going to the moon every month.
To find oil??
Or if China pops off to Mars before the Americans. That'd be a reason for others to go hell bent to mars as well???? Pronto?????

So if oil is found on the Moon off we go again to bring it back , if we can, for more fossil fuel burning on earth??? Which is a raging argument at the moment!

Personally climate change is a load, and the climate has changed since the beginning of this planets existence, it always cools and heats up.
But that's another question.

I don't know about the moon I just asked about the idea of going , because of so much stuff is written about it, being a hoax, and some of the stuff is rubbish, but some has a reason to think on it a bit more.

But go back to the moon, why????? To gain what and to spend billions of dollars?

Mars that really is a load too, for what as well?

A dead planet that had water on it millions and millions of years ago?
If we could get there WHY? To save the population from an asteroid, and only a few at that , who decides that? You know its nonsense.

iF WE GOT THERE COULD WE GET BACK, THERE ARE A TRILLION THINGS AS TO WHY WE MAY NOT EVEN MAKE IT, LET ALONE SPEND WHAT HAS TO BE SPENT ON DOING IT , AND PROBABLY LOSING SO MANY LIVES TRYING.

And if its for saving the people, those few luckies, well if the Earth was asteroided out of existence , we'd have no base , and we'd be on a dead planet the hundred or so more or less or maybe only ten or what if it was 10,000 we'd still be on a dead planet. WHY?

Remember the lives lost during the space race, and the earths major power managed, we think, to get to the Moon , then they lose all the records and details of what they did or didn't do to get there , and now its a start all over again thing?

I think the world is just a stupid lot, at times.

Mars we don't need, even if we can get there, you cannot save the worlds population by settling Mars, it won't happen, if it did it'll be far far after you and I are dead.

And the MONEY?????

We should be fixing this planet up, maybe the earth could be a fantastic place for everything, if we evolved a bit and maybe have a closer look at the ocean.
Instead of impossible day dreams, even if successful would cost beyond what the earth could pay, in people and money. Unfortunately that is the reality for me, even if we could why bother, and to whose benefit.
Beating Russia to the Moon the reason for that trip (s) was the Ruskies would take on the pi***ng competition with America as they did, and went broke, an that'd be a good tactic for the Americans back then, become the only super power, the Soviet died down the track.
Ooooh the questions?

Not the only hoax of the 1960s.

St Kilda premiership has to be a hoax.
Why have they never gone back?
Why are there no photos of people in St Kilda jumpers on the dais holding the cup?
Because they swapped jumpers with Collingwood players, thats why , now get that bloody space ship and lets get mooning!

Apparently the only reason why the US didn't can the moon landings because of the cost was the simple fact that it was JFK's legacy after his assassination by Lee Harvey Oswald/the CIA/the Mafia/Elvis/the British royal family/Chinese frogmen/lizard people

Those blasted Lizard people !!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's quite simple ...

This stupid excuse of not having money is the biggest crock of shite...

We're going to the moon....every 4 years ...every new election

We're going to Mars...since the 80s

Rinse and repeat the same story for decades and people just swallow it...

It's a joke now an utter joke and it's only a matter time before it comes crashing down..

While majority of people still believe we went to.the moon I am glad to see many people are waking and smelling the coffee. There was an American news poll done last week we're 80% who replied to the poll think the moon landing were faked. The news presenter went ape s**t just like we see the funboys here with nothing more than NASA told me so.

We are generation during off maybe a decade or two before the blowtorch gets applied to the NASA clowns it's only a matter of time.

But but why lie...??
But why is all the other countries going to space ...???

The space industry combined is worth more than the music movie and gaming industries combined. It's freaking entertainment,

They ain't giving that up and why all the other countries are trying to cash in.

It's why they will keep piling horse**** stories every freaking year.selling hope and entertainment.

It's not real though.

It's quite simple ...

This stupid excuse of not having money is the biggest crock of s**t...

We're going to the moon....every 4 years ...every new election

We're going to Mars...since the 80s

Rinse and repeat the same story for decades and people just swallow it...

It's a joke now an utter joke and it's only a matter time before it comes crashing down..

While majority of people still believe we went to.the moon I am glad to see many people are waking and smelling the coffee. There was an American news poll done last week we're 80% who replied to the poll think the moon landing were faked. The news presenter went ape s**t just like we see the funboys here with nothing more than NASA told me so.

We are generation during off maybe a decade or two before the blowtorch gets applied to the NASA clowns it's only a matter of time.

But but why lie...??
But why is all the other countries going to space ...???

The space industry combined is worth more than the music movie and gaming industries combined. It's freaking entertainment,

They ain't giving that up and why all the other countries are trying to cash in.

It's why they will keep piling horse**** stories every freaking year.selling hope and entertainment.

It's not real though.

Hope you don't bump into Buzz Aldrin in some dark alley with views like that.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for him...becoming an alcoholic and depressed after the "moon landing".

I guess being a world hero got to him.....

It certainly did. To stand there watching Earth rise and think about the possibilities, about what could be done. And then to come back and watch decades of possibilities being squandered in bickering and ignorance... Yeah I'd have a drink as well.

Mind you I shouldn't really joke about mental health, a lot of mistakes were made in supporting the astronauts after the mission. Years of build up for one of the biggest tasks ever undertaken, by people selected and trained for their drive and professionalism. Then thanks, now have fun opening mall's and doing tv interviews. In some ways its maybe not that different to people leaving the defence forces and there are a lot of reasons why they have always been disproportionately represented in areas like homelessness, mental health and drug use.

"The transition from 'astronaut preparing to accomplish the next big thing' to 'astronaut telling about the last big thing' did not come easily to me," he wrote in his new book, Magnificent Desolation. “What does a man do for an encore?" - Buzz Aldrin.

It certainly did. To stand there watching Earth rise and think about the possibilities, about what could be done. And then to come back and watch decades of possibilities being squandered in bickering and ignorance... Yeah I'd have a drink as well.

Mind you I shouldn't really joke about mental health, a lot of mistakes were made in supporting the astronauts after the mission. Years of build up for one of the biggest tasks ever undertaken, by people selected and trained for their drive and professionalism. Then thanks, now have fun opening mall's and doing tv interviews. In some ways its maybe not that different to people leaving the defence forces and there are a lot of reasons why they have always been disproportionately represented in areas like homelessness, mental health and drug use.

"The transition from 'astronaut preparing to accomplish the next big thing' to 'astronaut telling about the last big thing' did not come easily to me," he wrote in his new book, Magnificent Desolation. “What does a man do for an encore?" - Buzz Aldrin.

I guess that's one way of looking at it,

"Earthrise" hey....yeah would have been a sight on a tidal locked moon.

After reading the story of Gus Grissom I blame no astronaut for the horses*** of NASA.

Last edited:
Fairpoint, the actual 'Earthrise' photo was taken by a lunar orbiter (and earlier than Apollo 11, though 11 and other craft took similar ones) but the idea was that was a view Buzz and crew were able to experience.

Goodness! Quite the brain dump!

I'm going to try to respond to your....ahem....points.

ove it when you people talk about this "space travel" as if its like taking a bus from Melbourne to Sydney and back, ha ha.
So if it was up to you you'd be going to the moon every month.
To find oil??
Or if China pops off to Mars before the Americans. That'd be a reason for others to go hell bent to mars as well???? Pronto?????

So if oil is found on the Moon off we go again to bring it back , if we can, for more fossil fuel burning on earth??? Which is a raging argument at the moment!
If it were up to me, societies exploration of space would have continued on the trajectory from the 60s and 70s. That clearly didnt happen. If it had, by now space travel would be FAR more common place, FAR cheaper and FAR more accessible than it is now.

Why would that be a good thing?

So many of societies developments and innovations have come because of mankinds desire to EXPLORE. We live in the society we have today because people kept looking off into the distance and wondered "whats over the next hill?". Space is the proverbial epic "next hill".

Its a shame you dont seem to agree here.

Personally climate change is a load, and the climate has changed since the beginning of this planets existence, it always cools and heats up.
But that's another question.

Thats quite a tangent! I disagree - climate change is not "a load". The climate has changed multiple times, yes, but nowhere NEAR the rate it is now. Im keen to learn how it comes to pass that you know more than the overhwelming majority of climatologists today who disagree with your viewpoint.

I don't know about the moon
This much is clear.
But go back to the moon, why????? To gain what and to spend billions of dollars?

I explained very simplistically enough above. Let me know if you want me to elaborate further.

A dead planet that had water on it millions and millions of years ago?
If we could get there WHY? To save the population from an asteroid, and only a few at that , who decides that? You know its nonsense.
You just explained beautifully WHY we havent been back to the moon since the early 70s. This naive mentality. Many share your feelings, and its a shame.

iF WE GOT THERE COULD WE GET BACK, THERE ARE A TRILLION THINGS AS TO WHY WE MAY NOT EVEN MAKE IT, LET ALONE SPEND WHAT HAS TO BE SPENT ON DOING IT , AND PROBABLY LOSING SO MANY LIVES TRYING.
Yep - space is dangerous.
And if its for saving the people, those few luckies, well if the Earth was asteroided out of existence , we'd have no base , and we'd be on a dead planet the hundred or so more or less or maybe only ten or what if it was 10,000 we'd still be on a dead planet. WHY?
Ummm...what??
Remember the lives lost during the space race, and the earths major power managed, we think, to get to the Moon , then they lose all the records and details of what they did or didn't do to get there , and now its a start all over again thing?
They didnt lose all the records and details. You're misunderstanding badly here.
I think the world is just a stupid lot, at times.
I agree with you here, but for different reasons I suspect ;)
Mars we don't need, even if we can get there, you cannot save the worlds population by settling Mars, it won't happen, if it did it'll be far far after you and I are dead.
Again...whos talking about terraforming or settling??

Its also a shame that you beleive all exploratory timelines must be met within a human lifetime.
And the MONEY?????
Yep - its all pretty expensive, but not compared to lots of other things. The NASA budget is currently less than 1% of the US Military budget. Less than 1%.
One less war for the US, and they could fund TEN NASAS. The numbers look huge, but its really not that insane of an investment by comparison.
We should be fixing this planet up, maybe the earth could be a fantastic place for everything, if we evolved a bit and maybe have a closer look at the ocean.
I thought you said climate chance was "a load"??
Instead of impossible day dreams, even if successful would cost beyond what the earth could pay, in people and money. Unfortunately that is the reality for me, even if we could why bother, and to whose benefit.
I hopefully gave you a glimpse into the answer to this, and how your fear of it costing too much is unfounded too.

That explanation sounds like Dermies white board on tactics several years ago on TV, looked like a kindergarten drawing ?
Hilarious!

Watch the rovers cruising over the moon again and pay particular attention to the dust from the wheels and how quickly it drops to the ground and doesnt leave a trace. Then go drive over dirt with your car and compare the two

Remove this Banner Ad

Back