The most annoying thing said about your club? | Page 10 | BigFooty

The most annoying thing said about your club?

Discussion in 'AFL - The Australian Football League' started by MC Bad Genius, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Isaac Cumming No 1

Isaac Cumming No 1 Premium Platinum

GWS
    Well their talent scouts would have been watching interstate comps closely for talent to raid. At least in the latter stages of the VFL.

It's still nonsense in general though. I grew up watching the SA league live on TV. There was the Winners every week though from the VFL, and a lot of interest. I'm pretty sure there was no such broadcast of the SA or WA league into Victoria.

Righteo likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. harrythetiger

harrythetiger Summited Everest 30/9/17

Richmond
    Other Teams:
    76ers
    Yeah come to think of it, there's a few spuds in our VFL team

3. Obeanie1

Obeanie1 Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Possibly been posted back at some stage but the most annoying thing for mine said about the Eagles is they did nothing to address the player social drug issue of the early 2000's.

Very hard to penalise players without an admission or clear evidence that would survive scrutiny in a court of law. But when the proof and admissions were finally gained the club turned itself upside down to address the problems. More so than any other club has done in the history of the AFL. Forgot about winning and spent several years at the bottom of the ladder getting their house in order. No hiding behind injunctions, no hiding behind self reporting (which didn't exist then but does now), players sacked and many others put on final warnings.

4. detox

detox Club Legend

Hawthorn
    That Hawthorn benefitted from Free Agency.

Hawthorn lost Franklin (the best player in the game, and for pick 20), Suckling, Campbell Brown and Clinton Young.

Gained James Frawley. As far as I'm aware he is the only player we have picked up as a free agent.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app