The Most Attractive F1 Car

Team DJ

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2011
Penny Lane
AFL Club
Carlton
Far out there are some ugly cars these days. In fact all of them are with the nose and rear wings as they are.

I always loved the cars of the early 90s.

Before the front wings and noses were separated from each other. Think Mansell in the Williams, Senna in the McLaren, Prosts Ferrari. 91-2-3.

Hakkinen and Coulthards McLarens tickled my fancy as well. But since then not too much

Mentioned earlier but this thing was beautiful...

a11prost8.jpg

Jun 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Williams F1
Sorry I'm on my iPhone. Google 1997 Williams.
Also do you guys remember the red one in 1998(I think). I actually really liked that. Maybe because they had the blue and white for so long.

I think he means what are your thoughts on Damon Hill rather than what are the Rothmans Williams cars ...

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Always loved the paint job. The bottom one just seems so iconic and when I think of NASCAR I think of Jeff Gordons rainbow DuPont car. The one above also looks great, it's obviously the updated version. NASCAR have had some very iconic and appealing liveries over the years.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Bacon Warrior puts in an F1 car? Boooooooooooooo!

Always loved the F2008
I look at that car and think it's just another current model F1 car. It's kind of funny to me that, despite Ferrari's being associated with being red cars, when you get the whole F1 car painted red (both wings included), it looks a little odd.

So, what do you like about this particular car?

Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Always loved the paint job. The bottom one just seems so iconic and when I think of NASCAR I think of Jeff Gordons rainbow DuPont car.
Yep, you have a good point there. Looking at it, I think it's a fair effort to make a potentially frilly, prissy, camp, attention seeking combination of colours, look like a serious machine.

I'm going to have to consider what is my best Nascar.

Jul 19, 2012
Wanneroo
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Phoenix Coyotes
First of all :p
IMG_1332.jpg

I love the '05-'08 era cars and think they're the finest looking cars in F1's history (mid-late 60's close behind)

The F2008 IMO is the best looking car from that era. First Ferrari for a while that was painted Rosso Corsa red iirc and the all the winglets and other aero bits hanging off just made it look mean. It actually looked fast when you looked at it.

Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
The most attractive Indycar, I actually had to consider. There were a number of very good paint schemes, but they were on the Reynard's, which I didn't think was a particularly good looking car. It had like a Roman nose, Bill Lawry-type nose. Penske's tended to look alright, but that had the Marlboro colours (Boring!). So here is what I think is the most attractive Indycar.

Dick Simon Racing's Duracell Lola, driven by Raul Boesel.

Raul Boesel Duracell.jpg

Boesel93.jpg

The Lola's were always clean looking cars. With the dark orange and black, I think the car draws attention without being attention seeking. Raul had a really good season in these colours one year, I think he was in the top 5. He got a few podiums, but was stiff not to win a race, including one time being really stiff at Michigan. Coincidently, Raul also drove the Jaguar in IMSA GTP.

Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
First of all :p
IMG_1332.jpg
You see, I was scrolling up, having done my previous post. For a second I thought you were being serious! :eek:

I love the '05-'08 era cars and think they're the finest looking cars in F1's history (mid-late 60's close behind)

The F2008 IMO is the best looking car from that era. First Ferrari for a while that was painted Rosso Corsa red iirc and the all the winglets and other aero bits hanging off just made it look mean. It actually looked fast when you looked at it.
yeah that's fair enough. I don't share that opinion, which is why I asked.

Back