The most disappointing GF performance in 14 years

Remove this Banner Ad

What about 53 years of abject misery and failure? ;)
And that is why if the Dees win next year, or the year after, or whenever, I will be happy for you.
It's weird. The ultimate success has turned me from a sad old hater to a lover. I truly want every decent supporter to feel what I felt that day.

You ask the previous poster to explain his logic, given we don't know how Richmond will go next year, then follow up with this purler. What if Richmond do the same as the Dogs next season? Are they still a powerful team that was the only one capable of beating Adelaide or did the Crows choke and the Tigers have a big home ground advantage?
So were we that lucky that the cats, giants and crows all choked against us in successive weeks? Cmon mate they played as well as we allowed them to play. You think it’s a coincidence both the cats and crows scored their lowest scores for the year against us and the giants one of their lowest as well?

I'd love to think we will do it next year, but I don't think so.
Who would have thought the Dogs would do it in 2016 and Richmond last year. Both clubs have given every other club hope.
Everyone should be grateful :D

And that is why if the Dees win next year, or the year after, or whenever, I will be happy for you.
It's weird. The ultimate success has turned me from a sad old hater to a lover. I truly want every decent supporter to feel what I felt that day.
You used to be cool:p

Most Carlton supporters i know, including myself, were going for Richmond. The crows have got themselves into a bit of a habit of raiding our good players and leaving a packet of stale chips in return. Thats changed since Silvagni has taken the helm for us but Jacobs, Betts, and their recent attempt at Gibbs in the previous trade period (2016) had most of us in the Tigers corner.

Lesser of the two evils i suppose.

Do the Carlton supporters you know live in your head? I'm still pissed off that Richmond won.

The only way I'd possibly want them to a win a GF is if it was against Collingwood or Essendon. In fact, if that sort of match up occurred I'd probably go overseas and pretend it didn't happen.

Do the Carlton supporters you know live in your head? I'm still pissed off that Richmond won.

The only way I'd possibly want them to a win a GF is if it was against Collingwood or Essendon. In fact, if that sort of match up occurred I'd probably go overseas and pretend it didn't happen.
Collingwood & St Kilda was pretty bad in 2010

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually don't care whether people rate us as one of the worst premiership sides ever.
I'm just grateful that it happened and I got to experience it. Nobody can ever take it away.
I hope that every decent footy supporter gets to experience what I felt on 30 September 2017, but in order to even get close, you would have had to have been through 37 years of abject misery and failure.
Bang on. Who cares if people think a team is the best or worst premiership team, football is entertainment and we watch to win flags. One is as good as another.

So were we that lucky that the cats, giants and crows all choked against us in successive weeks? Cmon mate they played as well as we allowed them to play. You think it’s a coincidence both the cats and crows scored their lowest scores for the year against us and the giants one of their lowest as well?
Not what I was saying. Richmond were the form team of the finals and deserved to win. But to say no one else could have defeated Adelaide and that Richmond were a powerful team, well, time will tell.

Not what I was saying. Richmond were the form team of the finals and deserved to win. But to say no one else could have defeated Adelaide and that Richmond were a powerful team, well, time will tell.
Not just the form team of the finals, but the form team for the previous 12-13 weeks. Still got me beat why people were pumping the Crows like they were.

Not just the form team of the finals, but the form team for the previous 12-13 weeks. Still got me beat why people were pumping the Crows like they were.
Being a Catman, in a good position to assess both the GF teams as I went to both our losses.
When the Tigers got on top of us and finally got that win against Geelong, I knew the pressure they applied that night would smash any team.
Saw Crows beat us, but I said to my son and mate that Tigers' pressure and the G would see the Crows wilt.
Even though we were your victims, it was awesome watching the 17 Tigers, particularly in September.

Most Richmond supporters i know in real life are pretty chill. They all got put back in their place when we trounced them from 9th. But we'll see how we go next season.

Makes for interesting round 1 at least.

Most Richmond supporters i know in real life are pretty chill. They all got put back in their place when we trounced them from 9th. But we'll see how we go next season.

Makes for interesting round 1 at least.

Wow, will be massive. 95K easy, hottest round 1 ticket in AFL/VFL history. Can't wait, will be a cracker

Yes they did, and the scores they put on the board (103, 91 and 108) in those 3 finals shows the 2017 Tigers didn’t have anything like the scoring power of the 07 Cats
We obviously didnt have the scoring power of the 07 Cats, but our defensive efforts would have countered them. This year in three finals against teams 2, 4 and 1 we averaged 55 points against. That's impressive.

My ranking (most disappointing to least);

2008 Geelong: Lost one game for the year, won its two finals easily and then lost the big one. Must haunt them.
2017 Adelaide: Good start but fell apart. Hardly any players wanted to dig in.
2014 Sydney: Very ordinary performance. Game was over early.
2009 St Kilda: Had lots of chances and a disappointing performance after a great H&A season.
2015 West Coast: Took great momentum into the game, but just totally s**t the bed.
2007 Port: Geelong were amazing, but Port were absolutely hopeless.
2013 Freo: Shocking first half really cost them. If they weren't coming from such a long way back, they might have been a chance.
2003 Collingwood: Woeful performance with very few players standing up. The game was all over when Rocca was suspended.
2016 Sydney: Had their chances, but Dogs too good. Definitely a lost chance though.
2001 Essendon: Lions had won 15 straight going in and Essendon were injured, but they did lead at half-time.
2011 Collingwood: Poor coaching performance by Malthouse and just seemed to run out of steam in the final five or so weeks of the season.
2004 Brisbane: Hurt by travel, injuries and playing against a Port team that was due.
2000: No one was going to beat Essendon that year, but Melbourne were poor.
2002 Collingwood: Clearly outclassed and made the game close by sheer effort and awful weather.
2005 West Coast/2006 Sydney: Hard to split. Both clubs could have won both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back