The most engaging crime documentaries

Remove this Banner Ad

Stumbled upon this one yesterday on Foxtel- never seen it previously- "They took our child, we got her back".

Really well made, re-telling the story of abductions.

The one I saw the poor child was being abused by this nutjob who lived next door- mother just "knows" there is something wrong- says to him they are ending all communication with him- he says ok, then ups and moves the next day- next door to the father (obviously the parents are split up)- mother is upset, contacts lawyers- says there is nothing they can do- father offers his kid up on a plate to the pedo, gives her to go on a trip away with him- abducts her.

Srsly never wanted to put my fist thru the TV. I get kids getting kidnapped off the street, there is not a lot you can do about that. But GIVING your child to some guy. WTF. :mad:

Although there is nothing to suggest it. Giving the child to some stalker to take inferrs some form of debt.

Meth heads are lending out their kids to pedo dealers to pay off their drug debts in Australia.

Although there is nothing to suggest it. Giving the child to some stalker to take inferrs some form of debt.

Meth heads are lending out their kids to pedo dealers to pay off their drug debts in Australia.

Oh dw the dad sounded like a complete and utter ****wit- I was definitely suss about the whole thing with the father in this story. Was either extreme negligence/stupidity or what you described.

Oh dw the dad sounded like a complete and utter ****wit- I was definitely suss about the whole thing with the father in this story. Was either extreme negligence/stupidity or what you described.
Why else would you lend ya kid to take away on holiday with stalker neighbour?

Apparently meth heads lending out kids to pedo dealers is rife, more so in the country. Sickos

Why else would you lend ya kid to take away on holiday with stalker neighbour?

Apparently meth heads lending out kids to pedo dealers is rife, more so in the country. Sickos

There was some kind of "story" regarding a book and how he was taking her to see a publisher. Have you ever heard more s**t in your entire life?

And that is disgusting. Should be prosecuted just as much as the pedophiles if that is the case.

Just had to do a Uni assignment on this case. We were given a range of case notes and autopsy reports, and had to develop a criminal profile, by recreating the murders and trying to use the evidence etc. to try and figure out a profile for the offender. Very interesting case, and very shocking circumstances, having 3 young boys murdered like that.

That documentary was great but tended to be a bit biased towards the WM3. I don't know if you've ever jumped onto a West Memphis Three forum, but holy crap, it's like all out war between the innocent and guilty supporters. Either way, it's an interesting case that showcases absolute shonky police work

Just had to do a Uni assignment on this case. We were given a range of case notes and autopsy reports, and had to develop a criminal profile, by recreating the murders and trying to use the evidence etc. to try and figure out a profile for the offender. Very interesting case, and very shocking circumstances, having 3 young boys murdered like that.

That documentary was great but tended to be a bit biased towards the WM3. I don't know if you've ever jumped onto a West Memphis Three forum, but holy crap, it's like all out war between the innocent and guilty supporters. Either way, it's an interesting case that showcases absolute shonky police work
What was your profile in the end?

The Cold case series on Fox- documenting a cold case rape/sexual assault crime, is well worth a look.

Be prepared to get pretty upset (the victims themselves detail what happened to them) and frustrated if a result does not come about in the end.

But hey that's real life not CSI.

Still a very well made series imo. No crapy re enactments, just the detective work.

I watched The Green River Killer this morning.

Gary Ridgeway, considered by many to be American's most prolific serial killer. The sheer volume of his victims and the lapse in time between his first victim and being captured is unrivaled.
That was unbelievable. He was arrested in 2001 after committing his offences as far back as the early eighties. Watched a doco on him recently, he was very 'normal' for use of a better word. Also incredibly matter of fact about his crimes. He was on record as saying the thing he was made for was to 'kill people'. That's what he was 'good at'.

I think he was far more dangerous than say, Ted Bundy, who ended up getting caught on a few occasions. Bundy also had feelings of regret and disgust at times after his murders, only briefly though. Ridgeway had no sense of that at all. He was the ultimate serial killer imo.

That was unbelievable. He was arrested in 2001 after committing his offences as far back as the early eighties. Watched a doco on him recently, he was very 'normal' for use of a better word. Also incredibly matter of fact about his crimes. He was on record as saying the thing he was made for was to 'kill people'. That's what he was 'good at'.

I think he was far more dangerous than say, Ted Bundy, who ended up getting caught on a few occasions. Bundy also had feelings of regret and disgust at times after his murders, only briefly though. Ridgeway had no sense of that at all. He was the ultimate serial killer imo.

There are some srsly ****ed up ppl out there. And the scary thing is they look like "you and me" and some live normal lives.

The serial rapist cold case I described above was another level of depravity.

He told one victim: "1 in 4 women are raped in their life time. Consider yourself done"
And also tied up a whole family (talking mum, dad, uncle, son and daughter) and proceeded to rape the mum and daughter in front of the helpless men.

And that person walks free today (unless he was caught and tried for something else or has died)

There are some srsly ****ed up ppl out there. And the scary thing is they look like "you and me" and some live normal lives.

The serial rapist cold case I described above was another level of depravity.

He told one victim: "1 in 4 women are raped in their life time. Consider yourself done"
And also tied up a whole family (talking mum, dad, uncle, son and daughter) and proceeded to rape the mum and daughter in front of the helpless men.

And that person walks free today (unless he was caught and tried for something else or has died)
It's incidents like that where I feel absolutely no remorse when they are assaulted in prison. Or for some people who murder freely and for pure pleasure, receive the death penalty.

There are some very bad people out there.

It's incidents like that where I feel absolutely no remorse when they are assaulted in prison. Or for some people who murder freely and for pure pleasure, receive the death penalty.

There are some very bad people out there.

Life in prison for crimes like that imho.

Here he'd be lucky to get 20 years.

He steps it up to murder, death penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I watched that a few years ago. Good doco. The family seemed quite naive to suggest she couldn't have knowingly taken drugs.
"There is something wrong with Aunt Diane."

Haunted me for weeks after seeing that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back