The most important part of draft day...

Remove this Banner Ad

There's one type of wood that's close to your hip.........

Welcome Axe
holder2.jpg

Look I don't know why we do this every year. Clearly it has no impact, regardless of how witty and clever we are. The simple fact is if I was unable to make 'Smear' fly for Paps nothin we say will ever be taken seriously. However...

Bell: Dinger
Josh Walker: Jehovah
Rhys Mathieson: Gob
Sam Skinner: Seymour

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
image.jpg
Tom Bell:
"Liberty bell, liberty bell, liberty bell! Woohoo!!!!"

"Oh, Mr Homer, please be moving your thumb."

Liberty it is.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
"Bastinac!"

"Bassinet?"

"Basilisk?"

"Busted sac?"

"Baccarat?"

"Basted cat?"

Work continues...

James North

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am going to suggest that Keays is going to be brilliant player and will be the complete package, but since 'The Package' is both taken and stupid, that we refer to him as 'The Envelope' because he is smaller but always delivers.

My suggestion is "Proximity" or "Proxy".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward We Go

Cancelled
Mar 20, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bell is already Belly.

In the Draft Show, a few of the other draftees already called Mathieson 'Matho'...

Love 'Hippo' for Hipwood. Especially after he turns into a tank. For the etymology nerds out there, 'Horse' is always a popular nickname at AFL clubs too, so that's an option.
All his family were (and still are) called Hippy in the footy world. His Grandad, Dad & both Uncles all were Hippy when playing.

As someone who was once a keen observer of nicknames, I simply can't be arsed anymore. They're all just going to have an "a", "o" or "y" added to their surname or some abbreviation of their surname, unless their name is somewhat reminiscent of a famous/infamous person. Or it will be the continuation of a childhood nickname bestowed by parents. Yawn.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As someone who was once a keen observer of nicknames, I simply can't be arsed anymore. They're all just going to have an "a", "o" or "y" added to their surname or some abbreviation of their surname, unless their name is somewhat reminiscent of a famous/infamous person. Or it will be the continuation of a childhood nickname bestowed by parents. Yawn.
Well said, Belgo.

cmt26

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bell, Walker & Jansen already have nicknames from their previous team mates.

Not creative - but I'd assume these handles to stay with our playing group.

Donger
Walks
Jans (Pronounced Jance)

You will if you're allowed into the Skooby gang, Monkster.
That brings back painful :eek::drunk: memories. I was giving one of the ladies I worked with a bit of lip one day and she told me to "Be quiet Friar Tuck!"

I already knew I had the belly but was unaware of the pronounced monk's tonsure I was forming on the top of my head. :(:cry:

Not the sort of monkey I aspire to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back