Remove this Banner Ad

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Get aboard the Darcy Cameron and Corey Byrne bandwagon!

EDIT: TheAlbany lads (as they've self-anointed themselves) who came up this year, are they doing anything other than drinking Emu Export and going to Cap-S?

Not really, but they aren't exactly alone there!

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Love hearing stories like those above. Appreciate the effort Herne Hill Hammer & RussellEbertHandball. :thumbsu:
Yes. It requires balls to expose yourself in front of such a bunch of ne'er do wells as are on here. As I've grown older (extraordinary as that may seem), I'm gradually coming to the conclusion that what anybody thinks about me is insignificant compared to what assessment I make of my self. Please don't interpret this as a threat of further discomfort for all concerned.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Great post.

Final line is telling. I suppose it is why many North posters are so clued in as to how the AFL political economy works. We have to be, to survive.

Some.

There are some pretty naive North posters going around.

Fascinating post, though. When you read posts from Herne Hill Hammer & RussellEbertHandball you get the feeling you are reading the opinions and experiences of a person rather than another anonymous account.

The bottom line is, it's virtually impossible to tell what someone is really like by their behaviour on a website.

There would be posters who come across as good people on here, who in real life may not actually be that great.

There would be posters who can come across as right arseholes, but in real life they're much better.

Then there are those whose online persona actually marries more with what they are like where it really matters- out in the real world, not what they're like behind the security of a computer screen.

Indeed, I'm sure there are those who feel they can leave behind the good graces of life, for want of a better way to put it, when they come on a site like this because they figure, ultimately, that their online 'relationships' are completely inconsequential and that they are content with cultivating relationships in the real world. In other words, being an arse from behind a computer screen, to someone who is ultimately hiding behind another computer screen, is okay because in the wider scheme of their life, who cares?

The interwebs are not that serious a business, at the end of the day.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Well apart from me obviously, it has to be the one and only yardenlavy aka Fear0411

So many lulz from Yardz, I feel privileged to have been a part of his Mr Meaner thread.

Yardz if you're out there and reading this, forget about the Bay 13 bet and come back here to provide us with more lulz.

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
Yes. It requires balls to expose yourself in front of such a bunch of ne'er do wells as are on here. As I've grown older (extraordinary as that may seem), I'm gradually coming to the conclusion that what anybody thinks about me is insignificant compared to what assessment I make of my self. Please don't interpret this as a threat of further discomfort for all concerned.

In real life I applied that theory to my siblings. Life is much better for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Can I start a thread about which posters aren't very good?

Bit of this going on in this thread.

groommonk.jpg

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am very good looking in real life. I'm a natural athlete and was blessed with flawless looks, a lot of people say I should model but I'm too busy finding a cure for cancer and negotiating between countries to bring world peace. My hobbies include rescuing puppies and seeking out injustices to correct. I really enjoy listening to women talk about shopping and I always leave the seat down.

Poseidon

Kreuzer Sonata
10k Posts Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2013 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2011 Player Sponsor
Oct 31, 2010
Wild Wild West
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
I find our international contributors Mooster and bresker to be the funniest on the board. A prime example of quality over quantity.

Agreed. Love reading Mooster's posts, always brings the chuckles. Is bresker the one who had the story about his little cousin or whatever coming to stay with him? If so that was the funniest and most well written post/s I've seen around here!

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am very good looking in real life. I'm a natural athlete and was blessed with flawless looks, a lot of people say I should model but I'm too busy finding a cure for cancer and negotiating between countries to bring world peace. My hobbies include rescuing puppies and seeking out injustices to correct. I really enjoy listening to women talk about shopping and I always leave the seat down.

You too, huh?

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Agreed. Love reading Mooster's posts, always brings the chuckles. Is bresker the one who had the story about his little cousin or whatever coming to stay with him? If so that was the funniest and most well written post/s I've seen around here!

Little cousin story was Big Roobowski. Bresker is an irish nutter that is wandering around inner-Melbourne, presumably making university girls feel uncomfortable as they try to grab a drink at a pub.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
medusala (for his services to editorship of The Spectator)
GuruJane (reminds me of a gestalt of Judith Sloan and Kerrie Chikarovski, but I have no memory of them)
Upton Sinclair (did he just get banned?)
skilts pun deconstructed memes like Vic Market
DawOfPromotion (tho, has he a premium membership because his suffix always changes)
evo he owes me a beer at Dinosaur Jr
Hard_to_Beat (tho I am concerned he is stuck in a jay ess Mill LHC)
skipper kelly awol
cancat my companion piece as times of sanity
Geelong_Sicko other doppelganger chimera companion piece as times of sanity
Lance Uppercut (needs to return after changing dirty nappies - respect)
Contra Mundum (almost forgot because he is posting less; has more important - not sarcasm from me for once - work to do one assumes)

and others I have forgotten. my dog ate my oscar speech, then they put on elton john loud, too loud, which is a tautology, but we talking decibels loud, not just diana candle blown out no fellatio loud /extemporised

edit. I miss Kiss Stephanie on SRP because I cant troll her on HRC, hormone replacement clinton, and the fetish that resides deep inside her lady parts and the yaley femie thingie
14wellesley-large1_.jpg

@Vaginas an owners manual. :D
I prefer the lend lease manual

All the posters you mention are in my pantheon BB. I have been working eighteen hour days at the moment for an SC that is obsessed with researching s**t between midnight and 5 AM on Saturday night. I am the chin stroking latte sipping volvo driver I appear to be

cancat

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
All the posters you mention are in my pantheon BB. I have been working eighteen hour days at the moment for an SC that is obsessed with researching s**t between midnight and 5 AM on Saturday night. I am the chin stroking latte sipping volvo driver I appear to be

CM - we would not have you any other way x.

Thanks to my votes, especially from blackcat, much more interestinger and cleverererer than I.

But as a wise man said

Please don't put your life in the hands
Of a Rock 'n Roll band
and throw it all away

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This site's got a fair few interesting and good looking people it seems. Shouldn't be too surprising when you consider the rise in popularity of social media and the fact that a lot of people here play footy or are otherwise sporty types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back