Opinion The Most Loveable Bomber? - Now with a poll!

Who is the Most Loveable Bomber?

• Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Tim Watson

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Paul Barnard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scott Lucas

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Paul Van Der Haar

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Leon Baker

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Jobe Watson

• Adam Ramanauskas

• Dustin Fletcher

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Michael Long

• Terry Daniher

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Michael Hurley

• Cale Hooker

• Gavin Wanganeen

• Billy Duckworth

• James Hird

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Simon Madden

• **wildcard**

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ronny Andrews, he ruffled hair too.
Neagle, Vanda, Nobby Clarke, Hirdy, John Coleman, Bill Snell, Billy Duck, Tippa, The Great One Roger Merrett etc etc etc.
In the words of Jeff Fenech, ' I luv yas all'.

Ronny Andrews, he ruffled hair too.
Neagle, Vanda, Nobby Clarke, Hirdy, John Coleman, Bill Snell, Billy Duck, Tippa, The Great One Roger Merrett etc etc etc.
In the words of Jeff Fenech, ' I luv yas all'.
I remember sitting on the fence in front of the "Wizards from Windy HIll" banner as a kid, and mum yelled out "I love you Ronnie". He turned, smiled and gave a thumbs up in her general direction. Dad and the nearby crowd were laughing!

TD for mine but also a soft spot for the church going hipster Simon Madden.

Tippa has the same league wide universal love that Fletcher once commanded. A special sort of character and player is afforded that sort of love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. It's the humility of Walla and knowing where he's come from and how hard he worked, and I think the humility of Fletch as well.

...and although I wasn't as invested in the game back then, I loved what I saw of Bomber and recall thinking even back then, that dude is a little General. He's gotten a bit lost, and I pity that situation, but he also had humble beginnings. I think he was an electrician?

I have been thinking about this, who is the most loveable bomber of all time?
For mine it is Scott Lucas, just the most likeable bloke and the left peg of a god.
Yeah but Bombers fans were all over him whenever he played a bad game. He seemed to cop it big time.

Most loved I've seen....I'd have to say the most loved no matter what, was Terry Daniher. People just loved the guy.
These days, it'd have to be Walla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprising lack of Paul Barnard, Jobe and Michael Long here for mine.

It’s currently a tie between Chook, Walla (I was on the train very, very early) and Draper but I think it will always be Jobe.

It’s currently a tie between Chook, Walla (I was on the train very, very early) and Draper but I think it will always be Jobe.
Chook is a good call. Should have included him.

Take a number pal, I was two years before he was drafted :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to go past AMT current day, the back-story, the magic on-field, the humble personality.

Hooker has been a phenomenal clubman, no doubt, but AMT is pretty much universally loved as far as I can tell. Even when he draws infuriating (for opposition supporters) free kicks, they never really hate him.

Darren (Boris) Bewick deserves a mention. I get that supporters from all other clubs hated him but that was part of the appeal. His 9 goal performance first game back from a knee reco including 5 in the last quarter against the Cats in the Centenary Game back in '96 or thereabouts, and his '93 Prelim were the stuff of legend.

Mark Harvey back in the day, fearless.
Longy, simply great to watch.
AMT these days, did laugh at the footy on Sunday how everyone's arse starts to lift off their seat when he gets close to the ball.

Personality??
You hardly ever get to see that side of the players at all, but from interviews i've seen..
David Hill, super nice guy.
Lucas..
Ramanauskas.
Winderlich.

Player skill etc Lloyd, Lucas, Mercuri

Last edited:
Back