The most tired you've ever been?

Remove this Banner Ad

For some reason was really tired on Wed driving home from work. Only did 10 hours which by my hours isn't that long. Got home and felt fine but was close to pulling over was that tired. Strange

Does it happen regularly Stratton_Gun? Might be worth getting checked for sleep apnea. I experienced that from time to time. Was exhausted by early afternoons. I mainly got diagnosed because I had to get up around half a dozen times per night to take a leak.

Had a sleep study done and was stopping breathing, on average, around 80 times per hour. You basically don't want it to be over 5 times per hour. Puts massive strain on your body. Got onto a CPAP and now sleep through the night and no longer exhausted.

Struggling at the moment. Got up yesterday morning at 4 to fly down to Melbourne for the game last night.(Hi Xtreme :D). My flight back to Queensland leaves at 7.30. Was going to stay at my mate's last night but he decided he wanted to go clubbing all so have been up all night and now waiting for my flight back. Won't be back home til 2. So will be almost 36 hours by the time I get some sleep.

Struggling at the moment. Got up yesterday morning at 4 to fly down to Melbourne for the game last night.(Hi Xtreme :D). My flight back to Queensland leaves at 7.30. Was going to stay at my mate's last night but he decided he wanted to go clubbing all so have been up all night and now waiting for my flight back. Won't be back home til 2. So will be almost 36 hours by the time I get some sleep.
Im on 39 hours at the moment, with a 2 hour half sleep this arvo... but this is assisted by a big night last night with a bit of fine Charles the 1st.

how can a 40-hour work week have long hours?

If it involves a long commute it could be. My dad used to travel 2 hours each way to work

So you had nowhere to sleep because your friend went clubbing?o_O

I do 50 a week most weeks on shift
Did an extra 4 yesterday but that's rare

But im 15 to 20 mins from work with hardly any traffic so no travel time

Worst ive done was drive to the footy watch the saints v dogs in the 09 final, get in the car and drive home
From SA
Thank * for those white lines with the ripples in them
I pulled over for an hrs sleep and it worked wonders
Total stupid and ive never done anything like it again

During my depressive period I was constantly exhausted, I was sleeping as often and as much as my parents would let me. My longest period of sleeping was 24 hours 7pm-7pm before my mum got home and made me get up. Wasn't very healthy.
Same with me when I hit a particularly bad level of anxiety. The worst part was I was getting afraid to sleep because I didn't know whether I'd wake up in 8 hours or 18.

Would have to be my recent Cambodia trip.

Day 1
Up at 6.45am and go to work for a full day. Home to get my stufd then to the airport for an overnight flight to HK. Drink heavily at the airport then heavily on the plane. No sleep. Land at 4am in HK. Wait 5 hours for flight to Phnom Penh.

Land Day 2 at 11am local time (4 hours behind), taxi to hotel then shower and go to pub for 3 or 4 beers while waiting for another friend to get in. Still no sleep. That afternoon we go for more beers at a bar before heading out in the evening for some real drinking at the fun bars.

Finish at 3 or 4am but I wake at 5am unable to sleep.

Day 3
Lunchtime beers followed by afternoon beers followed by serious drinking in the evening finishing at 3 or 4am. Again only an hour or 2 of sleep.

In 3 days Ive had 50 or 60 drinks and about 3 or 4 hours sleep total.

Luckily we had a few quiet days here and there but generally followed the same process.

Best holiday ever. Or so Im told.

:)

The best stories from the trip would be from Day 5 and Day 14. But they dont involve fatigue so no sharing here !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you had nowhere to sleep because your friend went clubbing?o_O

Yeah. I arrived on Saturday afternoon and met him at the G. We were going to go back to his place after the game but he decided he wanted to stay in town and go clubbing so I didn't really have a choice.

Yeah. I arrived on Saturday afternoon and met him at the G. We were going to go back to his place after the game but he decided he wanted to stay in town and go clubbing so I didn't really have a choice.
What a dog. Could've given you the keys and address, after all he invited you to stay there not to go clubbing

If it involves a long commute it could be. My dad used to travel 2 hours each way to work

I did this for about 4 months commuting from North London to Brighton.. Almost killed me.

What a dog. Could've given you the keys and address, after all he invited you to stay there not to go clubbing

Yeah pretty much. He's always been a bit like that though so wasn't really surprised. Nice guy in lots of ways but very self centered.

Spring is our busy period so its basically 12/13 hour days for 6 weeks straight. leave when it's dark and get home when its dark so im pretty screwed by the end of that stint.

I've done a variation of the da vinci sleep method: 20 minute nap every 4 hours.

You do this around the clock, so 4 hours awake, 20 minute nap, 4 hours awake, 20 minute nap. There's no actual extended sleep period.

Lasted 4 months and I managed to catch up on quite a bit of work. My stress levels were so high before I started it that I wasn't sleeping anyway so thought I'd give it a run.

I just take armodafinil/waklert these days.

First time I did a night shift stocktake.

When I was a kid I had a casual job stacking shelves at a retail store.

This particular store did its yearly stocktake at night, because it was open most of the time and a stocktake would be inconvenient with customers around. As a result what they used to do was set a twelve hour shift every year from 9pm to 9am on a Saturday night.

Now as a 16 year old that shift was gold because it paid at like double time, so the twelve hour shift was like 24 hours of pay for me.

Anyways, I took the shift but didn't plan my sleep accordingly.

So Friday night I went to bed at 11pm-ish, got out of bed at 8am-ish Saturday morning and stayed up until my shift started at 9pm that night.

I got through the shift ok, and when I was finished at 9am Sunday morning, I'd been awake for 25 or so hours.

I figured because it was morning I might as well just stay up through the day and go to bed that night.

About 2pm-ish (about 30hrs awake) I started struggling with basic thoughts, such as why had I just opened that draw.

Around about 6pm (34hrs awake) I was sitting on the edge of my bed reading a book, and the next thing I know I face planted on the floor.

The impact was enough to wake me, and I managed to crawl on to the bed before completely passing out.

Woke up the next day around 7am.

Moral of the story, get some ******* sleep if you're going to do a night shift.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back