The most underrated player at Richmond is...

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think Grimes & Lambert qualify any more as the rest of the footy world seems to have realised what we've known for a while now
Agree with Vlastuin, Houli or McIntosh calls as the next batch

Don’t think houli is underrated by anyone

It's not Kane Lambert (although he is very close - extremely important player). It's Nick Vlastuin.

Seriously, this guy is an absolute jet. For pure consistency of performance, I'd have him in our top three.

Gets beaten in 1 on 1s about as much as Dylan Grimes does, plays 5cm above what he's listed at, and is an intercept king. Uses the ball very well by foot, rarely makes a mistake, and is cool as a cucumber in traffic. Gives his all each week and you would never question his effort.

What am I missing with this guy? Each week I watch the game and say to my mate - 'Vlastuin has been unbelievable today. Our best player'. Then I look at the bests or come on here and he doesn't get a mention.

Whenever I look up and see Vlastuin around a contest, I'm immediately put at ease. Moreseo than any other player on our list. I hope everyone out there sees it the same way, or will eventually, cause I'm telling you now this bloke isn't going to stop doing what he's doing for a while yet.

Yup, I would've said Vlas as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not Kane Lambert (although he is very close - extremely important player). It's Nick Vlastuin.

Seriously, this guy is an absolute jet. For pure consistency of performance, I'd have him in our top three.

Gets beaten in 1 on 1s about as much as Dylan Grimes does, plays 5cm above what he's listed at, and is an intercept king. Uses the ball very well by foot, rarely makes a mistake, and is cool as a cucumber in traffic. Gives his all each week and you would never question his effort.

What am I missing with this guy? Each week I watch the game and say to my mate - 'Vlastuin has been unbelievable today. Our best player'. Then I look at the bests or come on here and he doesn't get a mention.

Whenever I look up and see Vlastuin around a contest, I'm immediately put at ease. Moreseo than any other player on our list. I hope everyone out there sees it the same way, or will eventually, cause I'm telling you now this bloke isn't going to stop doing what he's doing for a while yet.
I've had him lined up as the next captain for the last few years. He never shirks a contest, always puts his body on the line, and is a seriously composed player. Also used Buddy as a stepladder which makes me happy.

Vlaustin, Kamdyn, Ellis, Grimes, Houli. All worth a mention, but I at least hear people talking about them, maybe Kamdyn less so but for me it has to be Shorty.

I could watch that bloke kick a ball all day. Great rebound ability, great meters gained, bloody accurate by hand and foot, fast... Just everything, I just really enjoy his play style and I think he is only going to get better.

I've had him lined up as the next captain for the last few years. He never shirks a contest, always puts his body on the line, and is a seriously composed player. Also used Buddy as a stepladder which makes me happy.
Yeah I'd be rapt to see him as captain when the torch gets passed on.

Imagine the responses on here if we asked for the most overrated Richmond player? It would be more interesting I reckon. Also threads that have a question with many open answers should have a vote attached to see what the most popular outcome is.
Ben Lennon.

I know he is gone but they would not shut the duck up about how good he was and he did bugger all.

Even if he isn't on our list, Ben Lennon for most overrated.

Imagine the responses on here if we asked for the most overrated Richmond player? It would be more interesting I reckon. Also threads that have a question with many open answers should have a vote attached to see what the most popular outcome is.

I mainly started this thread to pump Vlas' tyres to be honest but has been interesting to see the other responses. Sometimes the answer depends on who is making the assessment - the media has always rated Bellis quite highly, but on here he's an absolute whipping boy. In reality he's a pretty solid best 22 player with some weaknesses, but also some very good strengths that often go untouched upon (gut running, usually sure by foot, great aerially). Even Dimma took a while to stop focusing on his weaknesses - maybe BF will come around one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back