The Movie Thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie night (last) tonight with the CFC2010 clan.

We take it in turns to pick a film and it was my 6 year old daughters turn.

Great movie especially for a sequel. :thumbsu:

image.jpeg

Movie night (last) tonight with the CFC2010 clan...

Took my nieces to Paddington 2 for the youngest's birthday

Bought them blue flavoured-Fanta, snakes, chips, chocolate... (told my sister they had sushi and water)

Little nieces did not sleep for 4 days and I continue to be Favourite Uncle for the foreseeable future

Took my nieces to Paddington 2 for the youngest's birthday

Bought them blue flavoured-Fanta, snakes, chips, chocolate... (told my sister they had sushi and water)

Little nieces did not sleep for 4 days and I continue to be Favourite Uncle for the foreseeable future
You seriously worry me Walt.
You roll reefers for your own children and you try to give your nieces diabetes.
Sick f*ck.

Get an avatar.

Didn't really enjoy 3 Billboards as much as most people I know, probably due to the fact I watched the trailer and was fairly hyped for it. I guess for people who are not used to watching slightly offbeat films with "alternative" leads it could be quite a revelation, but for me I thought they went a bit too all in on the edgy mum that drops f bombs constantly almost like they tried a bit too hard, it's something that's been in many tv shows and movies and I didn't think it was Best Actress type stuff, for me it was decent with a poor ending. 6.5/10

I get that some people enjoy the open ended conclusion leaving them to question what happened next, I didn't.

I saw 12 Horses.
Thought it was really good. Don’t often see war movies but this is based on true story of a special unit that went into Afghanistan after 9/11

Magpie Girl Vicky Park Maggie5 Morganashlee Temploar

88B33704-8557-421B-8EF0-BB21168CF1CC.jpeg

Just finished watching this movie with the family.

Our whole Club should watch it.

I am still so bitterly disappointed about our game with the Hawks that I was going to ask for my self imposed Bucks thread ban to be lifted.

What an inspirational woman and mother Lydia is.

IMO Bucks had the same drive as Lydia as a player but he can’t translate it as a coach.

Watch this movie gals and guys it’s amazing.....what she has achieved not only on a personal level but what she has done for her sport should be acknowledged.

What a legend.

Magpie Girl Vicky Park Maggie5 Morganashlee Temploar

View attachment 474748

Just finished watching this movie with the family.

Our whole Club should watch it.

I am still so bitterly disappointed about our game with the Hawks that I was going to ask for my self imposed Bucks thread ban to be lifted.

What an inspirational woman and mother Lydia is.

IMO Bucks had the same drive as Lydia as a player but he can’t translate it as a coach.

Watch this movie gals and guys it’s amazing.....what she has achieved not only on a personal level but what she has done for her sport should be acknowledged.

What a legend.
I’ll definitely check it out, thanks for the recommendation

I saw Ready Player One with my son earlier in the week. I was looking forward to it for a while and it didn't disappoint. It's set in the future with a definite 1980s vibe, and it gave me a few positive flashbacks to an earlier Spielberg movie: The Goonies.

I'm not a fan of most films which have an overabundance of CGI, because they somehow always end up looking 'over-engineered'. The effects worked beautifully in this one, though, I suppose not least because most of the movie takes place in an alternate CGI reality.

I saw Ready Player One with my son earlier in the week. I was looking forward to it for a while and it didn't disappoint. It's set in the future with a definite 1980s vibe, and it gave me a few positive flashbacks to an earlier Spielberg movie: The Goonies.

I'm not a fan of most films which have an overabundance of CGI, because they somehow always end up looking 'over-engineered'. The effects worked beautifully in this one, though, I suppose not least because most of the movie takes place in an alternate CGI reality.
Still can't decide whether or not to see this
It's not my usual type of movie but I do like the intelligence and vision of Spielberg

Still can't decide whether or not to see this
It's not my usual type of movie but I do like the intelligence and vision of Spielberg

It certainly feels like a labour of love for Spielberg. Ultimately it is just a sweet adventure story with a 1980s flavour, but it does explore some interesting themes (e.g. our relationship to technology, corporate control of that technology), and it is a nice blending of pop culture and Spielberg's imagination.

4/5 stars from JB.

Watched this yesterday at Gold Class.......very enjoyable.

avengers-infinity-war-ground-rules.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last nite i watched this film/documentary.
Told primarily in his own words, The Newspaperman: The Life and Times of Ben Bradlee is an intimate portrait of this formidable man, tracing his remarkable ascent from a young Boston boy stricken with polio to the one of the most pioneering and consequential journalistic figures of the 20th century.

Loveless.

Russian movie, bleak.
Brilliant.

The Director makes outstanding movies, this is his best yet.

Just finished watching Deadpool 2.........loved it just as much as the first.

My type of messed up funny film. We have established I am not normal.

image.jpeg

Just finished watching Deadpool 2.........loved it just as much as the first.

My type of messed up funny film. We have established I am not normal.

View attachment 541156
We're all not normal :)

I've heard these are worth watching?

RACE,
Watched this last night on Netflix and enjoyed it.
In the 1930s, Jesse Owens is a young man who is the first in his family to go to college. Going to Ohio State to train under its track and field coach, Larry Snyder, the young African American athlete quickly impresses with his tremendous potential that suggests Olympic material. However, as Owens struggles both with the obligations of his life and the virulent racism.

Just finished watching a really enjoyable boxing movie......intense.

F241F634-93C5-473B-8B72-391F18A90BCB.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back