The Movie Thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever you do, do not see Holmes and Watson.

The 1st movie I've had to walk out on, not only was it boring it was actually painfully unfunny. I'm normally a Will Ferrell fan too.
You are another poster with more likes than posts? Do you have a cult following, a David Koresh of the bigfooty threads, or are you just naturally likeable? I'm not being critical, just curious?

*cough* Ahem *cough*

220px-Hitchcock,_Alfred_02.jpg

Coppola is amazing, and not just for The Godfather (and Part II), but also the lesser mentioned classics like Patton, The Conversation and Peggy Sue Got Married, but he also directed disastrous efforts like The Cotton Club, Jack and *gulps* The Godfather Part III *vomits uncontrollably*...

Hitchcock made 50 feature films over the course of 50+ years, and never once directed something as bad as The Godfather Part III, while being responsible for some of the greatest feats of cinema ever created, like North By Northwest, Rear Window, Vertigo, Dial M for Murder, The 39 Steps, To Catch a Thief, Strangers on a Train, Rope and Psycho.

Coppola is great, but there's really no argument to be made when it comes to discussing the greatest director of all time. Hitchcock is the Don Bradman/Wayne Gretzky of filmmaking - So far in front that nobody else even enters the discussion.
Agree totally, horror certainly not my favourite category but Hitchcock stands head and shoulders above the rest

The psychological impact of war, no doubt. Of the Vietnam War specifically? Not to my mind. But then we're probably cavilling over the ninth part of a hair.

Platoon is undervalued because it is Oliver Stone. He doesn't have the cachet that some other directors have.
The psychological aspects of war were covered far earlier than most here would know.

All quiet on the western front released in 1930 and based upon the superb book by Erich Maria Remarque.

Certainly the first and widely regarded as by far the best.

A good foreign film perfect for a very very hot day.

But what to watch?

I just watched Paddleton on Netflix.... i am a big sook! Ray Romano is a very good actor
Watched it last night with my wife and it was a great film. Ray Romano has been fantastic in the TV show Get Shorty too, so I'd definitely recommend you watch that. But this film is just a really well put together story, with likeable and relatable characters dealing with something very real, but something you hope you don't have to deal with. Loved it. We were both in tears by the end of the movie. 8.5/10

Hasn’t Netflix changed the way movies do their business.

I don’t think I’ve been to the movies in 18 months. In saying that I prefer tv series.
Love tv series.

Watching the Good Place.

Very very clever use of word play in it and asides.
Which I really really like :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that show, now on ABC22 from the beginning I think.
Didn’t know that.

Ted Danson is brilliant.

Once you watch a few episodes and know the characters the subtle word play is incredible.

Didn’t know that.

Ted Danson is brilliant.

Once you watch a few episodes and know the characters the subtle word play is incredible.
I have watched from the beginning thinking this is so stupied but at the same time funny as I laughed.
Such a selfish group but totally unaware.:D

Trying to get into Doom Patrol at the moment and also am enjoying The Enemy Within (thanks to a friend;)).

I recently watched The Mule (2018), featuring Clint Eastwood, and like most CE movies, it's pretty good.

I came across a random movie called The Hammer (2007), about a washed up boxer to makes it to the Olympic trials. A bit of a cliche, but it was actually very funny and entertaining.

I watched The Fall on SBS on demand. It's about the women's 3000m at the 1984 LA Olympics, and it was really interesting, documenting the drama between Mary Parker and Zola Budd in the final.

Hey Saintly Viewed check out this interview on YouTube.

I have no doubt his life story will be made into one of the best Mafia movies ever.

Ahh, Malick wrote a draft for the film. Damn you wikipedia!

The cinematography for Days of Heaven is pretty amazing looking. That locust plague.
Had to reply to this even if 7yrs later,Nestor Almanderos was cinematographer and it is without doubt the most beautiful film ever shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back