The MRA phenomenon - not so new.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure that attitude does exist in some people.

You generalized it to the whole of society.

Yeah not doubling down, but not backing off either.

Whether they are flawed or not, I was simply stating society's traditional normative views and understanding on the nature of gender roles.

Not suggesting all people blindly subscribe to it....many have there eyes open, but my statement was largely in response to the question of the likely lack of police response to the proposition of the male half of a relationship reporting being the victim of emotional/psychological type abuse, use of child as black mail tool to get at them.

Yeah not doubling down, but not backing off either.

Whether they are flawed or not, I was simply stating society's traditional normative views and understanding on the nature of gender roles.
Careful, you're sounding like a feminist :D

1. I don't know what world you live in.
Rigel 9. I visit occasionally to tell humanity that sociology is nonsense.

2. Society. The rules, culture, laws, economics, principles, interactions, systems, religions. Society. How can you have navigated life up until this point without encountering any of these?
You've simply exchanged one nebulous concept with a set of others.

3. Many people. Look at, for instance, gay men who marry and have kids.
I would have thought biology would have prevented them from doing so. Not society.

Men and women who act as they are told they "should" until they realise what they really want and need to thrive.
Who are you talking about?

Not third wave I hope.
No just garden variety feminist.

This point was made in the article and is made over and over again: it is rigid enforcement of these roles that feminism seeks to break down in order to make the place better for everyone.

Yes there are nutters trying to pretend that there isn't a man alive that cares about women. There are nutters who think you can magically turn water into wine and return from the dead. There are nutters who think men are universally oppressed by women - it is these nutters that are the subject of the article that I started this thread with.

Yes nutters is an unkind word - call them misguided people.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back