MRP / Trib. The MRP chook lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

That's possible - but I can recall some very high profile dumb off-ball free kicks he's committed in big games, e.g. the 50m penalty he gave away when we were 3 goals up against the demons in sydney in 2021.

Total overall free kicks against skew to particular positions (eg rucks) so I think its a pretty useless measure.

He sticks out because he gives out a disproportionately high number of dumb 50s/frees compared to our others players. But that has to be balanced against the line that he plays on which I think benefits the whole team. We don’t have another like him on the team.

Tribunal is still deliberating after 35 minutes. Lions argument was that there was no actual evidence of contact to the eye.

Was a good argument topped off by pointing out that there is a stigma associated with the charge. So drawing tribunals attention to the seriousness of the charge.

He sticks out because he gives out a disproportionately high number of dumb 50s/frees compared to our others players. But that has to be balanced against the line that he plays on which I think benefits the whole team. We don’t have another like him on the team.
Maybe I'm the crazy one who doesn't like our (ex) captain giving away dumb frees and getting sucked in to stupid stuff in high profile games.

The edge he plays with helped him bring manic attack on the footy and pressure and made him a great player. I think we've seen a slippage in his ability to consistently do that stuff, though his ball use remains elite.

Maybe I'm the crazy one who doesn't like our (ex) captain giving away dumb frees and getting sucked in to stupid stuff in high profile games.

The edge he plays with helped him bring manic attack on the footy and pressure and made him a great player. I think we've seen a slippage in his ability to consistently do that stuff, though his ball use remains elite.

Lol nah I hate it as well. But I’ve learnt to accept it. Your position isn’t unreasonable at all.

Why are you so offended by the view that he gives away too many free kicks, and in particular dumb off the ball free kicks? Seems like he could play equally as well and offer just as much to the team without any of that.
He's a great player but if he played for any other team you'd hate him. Thats fine, every team has a player like that, but I don't get why very mild criticism is a big deal.
The criticism isn't mild. He gets called everything under the sun.

In reality how many dumb free kicks does he give away. Every one of then gets highlighted so it's not that often.

How many other dumb things do other players do week after week ? Happens every 2 minutes.

There's a pile on Zorko every time he makes a mistake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back