MRP / Trib. The MRP chook lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope these photos and footage of previous unpunished or different category assessed "eye gouge" incidents are highlighted at the appeal... sometimes I think you are better off with the counsel for these appeals to be footy people and not suited lawyers arguing something they don't fully understand.

The prior precedents and the trying to get Oliver off him should be the defence tactic and any reasonable adjudicator/juror would have to at least downgrade the charge to careless.
Perhaps add this photo to Jarrods defence file.....with questions as to why this wasn't cited. Finger perfectly poised over the eye, hand splayed pushing down on face.

Show the panel evidence of their own double standards..

As I understand it, precedent and similar incidents are not considered by the tribunal - if they were there would be a lot more justice and far less guesswork/favouritism. I just hope the club gets all these out there in the public domain, as the court of popular opinion over rules all with this mob.

More importantly do we know who we will be fronting our case to. Please dont tell me we will have to deal with any ex geelong players on the tribunal panel.
Anyone have any idea yet who the panel will be?

More importantly do we know who we will be fronting our case to. Please dont tell me we will have to deal with any ex geelong players on the tribunal panel.
Anyone have any idea yet who the panel will be?

Chris Judd, Michael Rischitelli and Steven Seagal.

I'm definitely starting to feel more confident as the public opinion (and that from the players aswell) starts to sway.

Feeling I'm getting after 360 and OTC too. Don't want to get confident but does feel like the media opinion has shifted based on that too. Narrative seems to have pivoted to getting off on appeal and I'm not seeing anyone voicing an opinion steadfastly against that other than some Cats and Dees supporters.

Feeling I'm getting after 360 and OTC too. Don't want to get confident but does feel like the media opinion has shifted based on that too. Narrative seems to have pivoted to getting off on appeal and I'm not seeing anyone voicing an opinion steadfastly against that other than some Cats and Dees supporters.
I even sensed John Ralph and Lyons have changed there tunes too.

As Robbo said tho - who would know with the tribunal - ironically the footage of Andy Brayshaw doing the same to Jerry and not getting off despite a strong case didnt get him off so Id still not be suprised if Jerry can't beat it. I'd forgotten about that incident and now has me more concerned.

I even sensed John Ralph and Lyons have changed there tunes too.

As Robbo said tho - who would know with the tribunal - ironically the footage of Andy Brayshaw doing the same to Jerry and not getting off despite a strong case didnt get him off so Id still not be suprised if Jerry can't beat it. I'd forgotten about that incident and now has me more concerned.

Yeah, precisely why I don't want to get too confident. Logic seldom prevails with the tribunal. Although Brayshaw didn't really have the same defence as Jarrod imo. He came in over the top and applied the contact to the face during a headlock whereas Berry is pinned to the ground by the neck and just grabbing blindly for the jumper and makes incidental contact. Might be my bias but they seem different to me and I can see a clear distinction between intent in both.

I don't care who they play for I wouldn't want to see any player miss a prelim for what Bez did. If he did anything.

Oliver was super angry ,initiated the confrontation slung him to the ground and put his forearm over his neck putting Bez into a very vulnerable situation.

Fwiiw my legal experience tells me there's enough in the footage to get this overturned in 5 minutes. In a proper legal case.

But with the AFL it'll go on for 3 hours and they'll get caught up in the mumbo jumbo of the arguments and go off on a tangent no one foresaw.

However still ,if this isn't overturned I'll be staggerred.

In the old days both players had to give evidence. Which in this case would really assist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro Wilson last night on TV - "I actually think Oliver did him a real disserve by dobbing him in as aggressively as he did to the umpire."

She ain't wrong. Oliver was the embarassment of the league. Literally everyone is on Berry's side meanwhile plenty have pointed out Olivers initial elbow to the neck then dobbing to the umpires. He should be ashamed.

Sam Edmund on SEN saying that the Lions will be using the flight or fight response tonight at the tribunal.

1. the instinctive physiological response to a threatening situation, which readies one either to resist forcibly or to run away.

Sam Edmund on SEN saying that the Lions will be using the flight or fight response tonight at the tribunal.

1. the instinctive physiological response to a threatening situation, which readies one either to resist forcibly or to run away.
Well obviously the correct choice was to go with option three (freeze) especially when being attacked by a phychotic agro thug it was High Lord Oliver forcibly pushing gently pressing him into the hard turf comforting grass to try and stop him being so annoying encourage him to calm down as he was beating up on Oliver losing his cool. If he had been less of a competitor a true good bloke he would have rolled over into the fetal position been more self sacrificing and waited until himself had finished crushing his throat the gentle massage to his windpipe and then risen to continue the game.

Doesn't help if we provide a running commentary on our tribunal plans. Worried.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back