MRP / Trib. The MRP chook lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

On a serious note with Michael Christian the guy needs help. AFL needs to put in 2 other people ( if michael christian still doing the job) to create 3 people so different opinions can be thrown about and not just a sole opinion as is now. Majority rules decision with 3 people on board for the penalty.
OR just get rid of Christian and bring someone new in.
I would go futher - have 5 people located throughout the country assess incidents and then the majority rules is the MRO outcome.

John Ralph no better.

They crossed to him straight after the match and he couldn't wait to pronounce that Berry was in a lot of trouble and was likely to get a week.

In all the post match pontificating, it was jaw-dropping that not one of the "experts" noticed the elephant in the room. That Oliver not only initiated the incident but also aggressively shoved his elbow and forearm into Jerry's neck and throat. And all because he was pissed that this upstart from the Lions was pantsing him big time

Last edited:

The good bloke hodge defence never fails.
View attachment 1507389
View attachment 1507391
Geelong better wear their goggles on Friday.

The mids will have to go full Mason Cox

61775471-11151071-image-m-9_1661557658357.jpg

The submissions by the afl's Pane was nothing short but embarrassing and were baselss and without merit. Lane clearly has no clue and obviously has no feel for the game or what its like to wrestle someone including when they were a kid.

I thought Payne's submission was deliberately rubbish and intended to influence the decision.

I would go futher - have 5 people located throughout the country assess incidents and then the majority rules is the MRO outcome.

And those five people should be fans of the game.

Bigfooty boards can each nominate five posters (whose real identity must stay anonymous), and each week five names are drawn and assigned to each game. Can't be their team game.

Obviously not workable but would be better than the current system.

Do you really need to talk about our former Captain and multiple B&F winner in such derogatory terms...for heaven's sake show some respect.

Zorks has a bit of a track record of carrying on/doing silly things. Hallmarks of a goose, ex captain or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zorko's good out does his occasional minor brain fade by a long long way, nothing he has done is a hanging offence, he is an out and out champion of our club.

The most criticised being the Harrison Petty incident was in hindsight nothing and was merely a tit for tat exchange.

Zorko's good out does his occasional minor brain fade by a long long way, nothing he has done is a hanging offence, he is an out and out champion of our club.

The most criticised being the Harrison Petty incident was in hindsight nothing and was merely a tit for tat exchange.

+1

He plays close to the line and sometimes steps over. It'll happen but he is a great of the lions and flys the flag when many others don't.

All great players play on the edge.

Zorko's a champ. Back in the day the occasional niggly silly thing he does would never have been seen or if it was embraced.

I get the feeling some people are just waiting for Zorko to give away a free so they can have a whinge about him.

Everyone who's ever played with him has nothing but good things to say including Neale who said that with Pav and Fyffe he's the best player he's ever played with.

I like it that he tries to get up the nose of the opposition. The pressure always falls back on him which means someone else is getting an easier run at it.

All great players play on the edge.

Zorko's a champ. Back in the day the occasional niggly silly thing he does would never have been seen or if it was embraced.

I get the feeling some people are just waiting for Zorko to give away a free so they can have a whinge about him.

Everyone who's ever played with him has nothing but good things to say including Neale who said that with Pav and Fyffe he's the best player he's ever played with.

I like it that he tries to get up the nose of the opposition. The pressure always falls back on him which means someone else is getting an easier run at it.

Why are you so offended by the view that he gives away too many free kicks, and in particular dumb off the ball free kicks? Seems like he could play equally as well and offer just as much to the team without any of that.

He's a great player but if he played for any other team you'd hate him. Thats fine, every team has a player like that, but I don't get why very mild criticism is a big deal.

It's being overstated how often Zorks gives away *silly/brain fade free kicks, if I had a guess he would give away no more overall free kicks(including brain fades) than what most other players would give away, brain fade or your run of the mill free kick.. no difference still the same end result.

* Would be less than a handful of these type of free kicks against per season IMO.

It's being overstated how often Zorks gives away *silly/brain fade free kicks, if I had a guess he would give away no more overall free kicks(including brain fades) than what most other players would give away, brain fade or your run of the mill free kick.. no difference still the same end result.

* Would be less than a handful of these type of free kicks against per season IMO.

That's possible - but I can recall some very high profile dumb off-ball free kicks he's committed in big games, e.g. the 50m penalty he gave away when we were 3 goals up against the demons in sydney in 2021.

Total overall free kicks against skew to particular positions (eg rucks) so I think its a pretty useless measure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back