MRP / Trib. The MRP chook lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

a bit nervous about the.. finicky aspects of all this lawyering. Arguing self defence, but not arguing what Clayton did was bad enough to defend himself?

We don’t want it to sound like “why wasn’t Oliver suspended” because then they’ll get sucked into arguing that, it’s more trying to say “Oliver’s actions were worse and the one instigating, he wasn’t even cited, why should Berry be when he was acting in defence”

have I missed something. Why are they discussing his dislocated finger?

at a guess, arguing his hands weren't going for the eye, but the nature of a dislocated finger is that it may poke out at things he doesn't want?

have I missed something. Why are they discussing his dislocated finger?

at a guess, arguing his hands weren't going for the eye, but the nature of a dislocated finger is that it may poke out at things he doesn't want?
Nothing worse than a finger going where it shouldn't go while you are in a "wrestle" with another human.

Jeff Gleeson: If you had either seen or felt your fingers were near his eye, what would you do?

Berry: I would've pulled them away.

Asked if he knew eye contact was a reportable offence, Berry says no, he was only aware of eye gouging.

Amato: It appears Berry is in a very vulnerable position ... there was danger of obstruction of the airway and reduced oxygen supply to the brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say this is overkill, but I think this niche event it works for us. Body weight behind an elbow onto the neck is a rare-enough occurrence we want to show them exactly how bad it is. Also I hope by all this we basically are telling AFL how s**t it was they didn't even cite Oliver. here is the medical facts that make that act DANGEROUS.

Would be amazed if they receive all this evidence, only to turn around and say "No, you did it intentionally".

Has to be careless at minimum here, if anything, I think we've brought enough to get him found not guilty entirely.

Yeah, the AFL don't want this appealed and in the media any longer than it needs to be based on the evidence this bloke is giving.

Would be amazed if they receive all this evidence, only to turn around and say "No, you did it intentionally".

Has to be careless at minimum here, if anything, I think we've brought enough to get him found not guilty entirely.
The vision was more than enough. Common sense should've been applied by Christian.

Unlikely I know.

All this is well and good, but the fact that is it eye contact rather than eye gouging allows the AFL to do as they wish. The fat lady is not singing just yet :(

edit: and this type of argument can be found either way I reckon.
Pane submits that Berry's hand acts in a "raking" motion with his middle finger and little finger bent in that manner.

"I'd describe it more as a flailing action. My legs are doing a similar thing," Berry said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back