Solved The Murder of Gabby Petito

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. There is no evidence. You are basing this on suspicion.
They were known to be together. They had a fraught relationship (already stated by parents).
They were spoken to by the police because of physical abuse.
One gets strangled. There is no one else around.
One returns home in the other's vehicle, unaccompanied.
Then subsequently refuses to speak about the other (allegedly).
Then disappears.

What sort of evidence should there be? What doubts would you have?

They were known to be together. They had a fraught relationship (already stated by parents).
They were spoken to by the police because of physical abuse.
One gets strangled. There is no one else around.
One returns home in the other's vehicle, unaccompanied.
Then subsequently refuses to speak about the other (allegedly).
Then disappears.

What sort of evidence should there be? What doubts would you have?
Don't argue with me when it comes to law.

Educate me. Tell me where the doubt is, that a jury wouldn't convict on.
I've already told you that you need to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. There is no concrete evidence to be presented to a jury.

You suspect on reasonable grounds that he is primarily responsible for Gabby's death. That's fine. I share those same suspicions, but that's not beyond reasonable doubt. You might be better qualified to discuss any suspicions you have on the civil Court forum.

To prevent this from turning into a merry-go-round, I'm not going to continue this discussion any further.

The balance of probabilities suggests he strangled her. You cannot prove beyond reasonable doubt that he did it.
No-one needs to prove it beyond reasonable doubt, this is a chat forum, not a court. Opinions in here are just opinions. In all likelihood he did it.

No-one needs to prove it beyond reasonable doubt, this is a chat forum, not a court. Opinions in here are just opinions. In all likelihood he did it.
It seems more likely than not. Maybe some extraordinary circumstances happened, like she got tangled up in her tshirt while taking it off and it got stuck in the van door and he tried to help her but... it was too late... or something. But he needed to explain, sooner rather than later. It's all rather tragic for everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we gonna find out the cause of death?

Mate, we don't even know he killed her. It's the likely outcome but let's not jump to conclusions.

What if autopsy results on any human remains belonging to Laundrie indicate he was also strangled?

Unlikely, sure. But let's not jump to conclusions.

So some psycho has come across the pair of them, strangled Gabby and left her body in the last place she was known to be then went with Laundrie back to his home, let him see his parents then went to some woods closer to his place and strangled him too?

In that case I'm first in line to the throne of England

So some psycho has come across the pair of them, strangled Gabby and left her body in the last place she was known to be then went with Laundrie back to his home, let him see his parents then went to some woods closer to his place and strangled him too?

In that case I'm first in line to the throne of England
I highly doubt it.

Very high chance that Laundrie killed her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back