Spanish Sahara

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Trailblazers, Liverpool, 49ers
gonna move it here cos I'm a mod so I'm obligated to.

Cheers, will check it out. Wasn't big on their last album, so we'll see how this one goes.
Listened to the new Lorde (eh) and Holy Holy (decent) this week. I'm sure there's another release recently I've missed though. Still yet to hear the new Jungle Giants and Billie Eilish as well.
The new Holy Holy is really good - a few of the singles are fantastic such as Believe Anything, The Aftergone plus new songs on the album like ICU and Stand Where I'm Standing.

I will have to check out Lordes album.

The Killers was okay but I wasn't overly enthused. DMA's EP is solid and growing on me.

Check out Telenova if you haven't already. Really good EP and interesting project with former Miami Horror and Slum Sociable members and a lead singer whose voice is fantastic.

Loonerty

Jun 1, 2008
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
Middle Kids is still clearly my favourite album of the year.

Stacking chairs :hearteyes:
Still Wolf Alice for me.

CHVRCHES album very good too, just finishing up listening now. Aside from the second last song, I enjoyed them all a lot more than almost everything on Love Is Dead. It feels a lot closer to the Bones of What You Believe/Every Open Eye sound.

Spanish Sahara

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Still Wolf Alice for me.

CHVRCHES album very good too, just finishing up listening now. Aside from the second last song, I enjoyed them all a lot more than almost everything on Love Is Dead. It feels a lot closer to the Bones of What You Believe/Every Open Eye sound.
I havent connected as much with Wolf Alice as with their previous couple of albums. Ill give it another few spins next week.

I really liked CHVRCHES, although I did like a few singles off Love Is Dead though too

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cobham FC
1632428683279.png

Happy 30th Birthday to the GOAT.

Wow how time flies and makes you feel as old as sh*t. I still have my original CD I bought when it first came out, scratched as fu** so only for sentimental reasons now. A band that spoke to a generation and changed the music landscape.

Double J are having a grunge day so I'll be pumping that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spanish Sahara

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yeh that really sucks, especially since it will be so late next year :(

In some positive news Placebo released a new single which is pretty nice. Similar sound still

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Tame Impala's tour postponed another 10 months to Oct next year :(

Was originally meant to be in April last year, so it'll be 2.5 years after the original shows were meant to be. What a pain. Third time it's been postponed now.
Live shows seem like such a different world away.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cobham FC
Yeah I can't remember what it was like to be at a gig.

Was meant to be seeing The Smith Street Band in Hepburn this month but now it's pushed back to January:(

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
I Don't Know
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
CHVRCHES and Wolf Alice have so far delivered with their new albums, especially the former. Great return to form after Love is Dead. Lorde's, on the other hand, sounds like a bland adult contemporary album from the 90s. Poor.

Excited for the new War on Drugs album that'll be released next month. Living Proof didn't do much for me but the title track is a cracker.

Loonerty

Jun 1, 2008
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
CHVRCHES and Wolf Alice have so far delivered with their new albums, especially the former. Great return to form after Love is Dead. Lorde's, on the other hand, sounds like a bland adult contemporary album from the 90s. Poor.

Excited for the new War on Drugs album that'll be released next month. Living Proof didn't do much for me but the title track is a cracker.

Screen Violence is so many levels above Love Is Dead it's insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad