The Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant put my finger on it really. Similar thing with the RHCP too
What have you listened to by them?
I think up to and including OK Computer and then In Rainbows are their most accessible albums.

What have you listened to by them?
I think up to and including OK Computer and then In Rainbows are their most accessible albums.
To be honest I've only really listened to them post Spotify era so just playlists and not whole albums.

Ok Computer definitely most songs. The Bends

That's pretty impressive. Seeing Peter Green reminds me of good covers too. Carlos Santana doing Green's Black Magic Woman. Both excellent.
Brilliant though isn’t it, love the way they combine the FB posts with it. Always makes me laugh though when Duran Duran pop up.

Santanas version probably has the slight edge on the Mac original, but for me the cover is kind of a direct rip off. He didn’t really add much to it. He took advantage that FM were not known in the US at that time

To be honest, I don't have any guilty pleasures when it comes to music. Nobody should be embarrassed of the music they choose to listen to.
Yeah I used to secretly like Kate Bush when I was younger. If my mates had known I dug her I’d have been finished. But as you mature you realise it doesn’t matter one bit. There is a perception that some music is “gay” and I think that’s the barrier you face when you are younger.

The Beatles discussion is a dud. I mean they are so important to the evolution of pop music that you can’t say how they would come over if they started out now because the pop climate of today would be so different had they never happened. The Beatles had to happen, and if they hadn’t then I’m a believer that something else would have filled that void.

The Beatles discussion is a dud. I mean they are so important to the evolution of pop music that you can’t say how they would come over if they started out now because the pop climate of today would be so different had they never happened. The Beatles had to happen, and if they hadn’t then I’m a believer that something else would have filled that void.
I guess my reason for the question is that I know people who haven’t listened to the Beatles through their parents and have come across them on their own and have loved them and I question whether they really do or they are just enjoying them because of their reputation.

I don’t mind the Beatles and I think they are solid but I don’t feel like raving about them. Their music doesn’t wow me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess my reason for the question is that I know people who haven’t listened to the Beatles through their parents and have come across them on their own and have loved them and I question whether they really do or they are just enjoying them because of their reputation.

I don’t mind the Beatles and I think they are solid but I don’t feel like raving about them. Their music doesn’t wow me.
I would suggest their love for them is genuine. I suppose some people are fake but most people aren’t in my opinion. They have an amazing catalogue, what is there not to love? I think in Lennon and McCartney you had two of the best songwriters of all time - and to be part of the same band that is quite incredible. McCartney is recognised as one of pop musics great melody writers. He could craft the perfect pop tune. As for Lennon well there’s never been anyone like him since. The breath of their catalogue is stunning. I don’t think any other band can compare

giphy.gif

I would suggest their love for them is genuine. I suppose some people are fake but most people aren’t in my opinion. They have an amazing catalogue, what is there not to love? I think in Lennon and McCartney you had two of the best songwriters of all time - and to be part of the same band that is quite incredible. McCartney is recognised as one of pop musics great melody writers. He could craft the perfect pop tune. As for Lennon well there’s never been anyone like him since. The breath of their catalogue is stunning. I don’t think any other band can compare
Guess it’s me just being born in a different era but I don’t find myself searching to listen to the Beatles. If it’s on, I’ll listen but I don’t find them as appealing as everyone makes out. I’d rather listen to REM or The Smiths or the Pixies if I want old school music.

Guess it’s me just being born in a different era but I don’t find myself searching to listen to the Beatles. If it’s on, I’ll listen but I don’t find them as appealing as everyone makes out. I’d rather listen to REM or The Smiths or the Pixies if I want old school music.
Well we all like what we like, pretty sure all three of those bands you mentioned would cite the Beatles as a major influence. How much if their stuff have you listened to? Is it just the well known sings or have you gone deeper?

Well we all like what we like, pretty sure all three of those bands you mentioned would cite the Beatles as a major influence. How much if their stuff have you listened to? Is it just the well known sings or have you gone deeper?
I’ve listened to their whole discography. I always try to do so with most artists. They just aren’t a band I go crazy for.

The three greatest gifts to man outside of hot women are beer, football and the Beatles. You make your world a little bit colder rejecting any of them. See what I did there, did you catch it?

#LimeyLivesMatter
#freedom

Been a dreadful day over in here in London. Basically saw race riots in the capital. Not going to get into it here but we’ve just probably set this country back 30 years. Need a tune to lift my spirits. Any suggestions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back