The Music Thread

Loonerty stumbled across this on Spotify by complete chance - I reckon it's ******* great.

Haha hard disagree.

I really don't like their voices and it strays too close to country/folk for me.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Are we still doing covers? I only recently found out this is one - original by Black Sabbath.

Was very fortunate to get to know Charles Bradley through friends, who took me to his concert at the Corner Hotel in Melbourne, in 2015. What a lovable man. At the end of his gig, he came off the stage to hug fans and shake hands. If you don't know him, he spent quite a bit of his life in poverty, became successful pretty late in life and then died of stomach cancer 3 years ago, when he was finally making it as an artist.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Are we still doing covers? I only recently found out this is one - original by Black Sabbath.

Was very fortunate to get to know Charles Bradley through friends, who took me to his concert at the Corner Hotel in Melbourne, in 2015. What a lovable man. At the end of his gig, he came off the stage to hug fans and shake hands. If you don't know him, he spent quite a bit of his life in poverty, became successful pretty late in life and then died of stomach cancer 3 years ago, when he was finally making it as an artist.

Always keen for covers!

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
She was phenomenal live. Booming voice
Not seen her live, but there aren't many female vocal artists from this current generation who can stand on the same level as here. Adele would be one, definitely Gaga, probably Beyonce too. I'm sure I'm missing another one or two obvious ones, but there are not many at all. (Alicia Keys has a fantastic voice IMO).

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Not seen her live, but there aren't many female vocal artists from this current generation who can stand on the same level as here. Adele would be one, definitely Gaga, probably Beyonce too. I'm sure I'm missing another one or two obvious ones, but there are not many at all. (Alicia Keys has a fantastic voice IMO).
I saw her after her first album so she was popular but it wasn’t exactly packed. Always enjoy seeing those artists before they smash it big time too.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I saw her after her first album so she was popular but it wasn’t exactly packed. Always enjoy seeing those artists before they smash it big time too.
I was kinda the same with James Bay.

Saw him at the Northcote Social Club, would have been about 60 people I reckon.

Back