The Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

gonna move it here cos I'm a mod so I'm obligated to.

Cheers, will check it out. Wasn't big on their last album, so we'll see how this one goes.
Listened to the new Lorde (eh) and Holy Holy (decent) this week. I'm sure there's another release recently I've missed though. Still yet to hear the new Jungle Giants and Billie Eilish as well.
The new Holy Holy is really good - a few of the singles are fantastic such as Believe Anything, The Aftergone plus new songs on the album like ICU and Stand Where I'm Standing.

I will have to check out Lordes album.

The Killers was okay but I wasn't overly enthused. DMA's EP is solid and growing on me.

Check out Telenova if you haven't already. Really good EP and interesting project with former Miami Horror and Slum Sociable members and a lead singer whose voice is fantastic.

Amazing. Can't wait for the album and to see them live again as they are so good.

Have you heard the second single chef? I enjoyed Next to Me more than Alive. It feels like a song I have already listened to a 100 times.

Have you heard the second single chef? I enjoyed Next to Me more than Alive. It feels like a song I have already listened to a 100 times.
While i like Next To Me, Alive I love. It's a cracker. The album is hopefully going to be Amazing.

Middle Kids is still clearly my favourite album of the year.

Stacking chairs :hearteyes:
Yeah Ive been thinking whats my Album of the year and I'm tossing up between Skegss and Royal Blood. But after a couple of listens Children Collide will probs overtake them.

Middle Kids is still clearly my favourite album of the year.

Stacking chairs :hearteyes:
Still Wolf Alice for me.

CHVRCHES album very good too, just finishing up listening now. Aside from the second last song, I enjoyed them all a lot more than almost everything on Love Is Dead. It feels a lot closer to the Bones of What You Believe/Every Open Eye sound.

Still Wolf Alice for me.

CHVRCHES album very good too, just finishing up listening now. Aside from the second last song, I enjoyed them all a lot more than almost everything on Love Is Dead. It feels a lot closer to the Bones of What You Believe/Every Open Eye sound.
I havent connected as much with Wolf Alice as with their previous couple of albums. Ill give it another few spins next week.

I really liked CHVRCHES, although I did like a few singles off Love Is Dead though too

I havent connected as much with Wolf Alice as with their previous couple of albums. Ill give it another few spins next week.

I really liked CHVRCHES, although I did like a few singles off Love Is Dead though too
I like Forever and Graves a lot but other than that I was pretty whelmed by it.

1632428683279.png

Happy 30th Birthday to the GOAT.

Wow how time flies and makes you feel as old as s**t. I still have my original CD I bought when it first came out, scratched as * so only for sentimental reasons now. A band that spoke to a generation and changed the music landscape.

Double J are having a grunge day so I'll be pumping that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tame Impala's tour postponed another 10 months to Oct next year :(

Was originally meant to be in April last year, so it'll be 2.5 years after the original shows were meant to be. What a pain. Third time it's been postponed now.

Yeh that really sucks, especially since it will be so late next year :(

In some positive news Placebo released a new single which is pretty nice. Similar sound still

Tame Impala's tour postponed another 10 months to Oct next year :(

Was originally meant to be in April last year, so it'll be 2.5 years after the original shows were meant to be. What a pain. Third time it's been postponed now.
Live shows seem like such a different world away.

CHVRCHES and Wolf Alice have so far delivered with their new albums, especially the former. Great return to form after Love is Dead. Lorde's, on the other hand, sounds like a bland adult contemporary album from the 90s. Poor.

Excited for the new War on Drugs album that'll be released next month. Living Proof didn't do much for me but the title track is a cracker.

CHVRCHES and Wolf Alice have so far delivered with their new albums, especially the former. Great return to form after Love is Dead. Lorde's, on the other hand, sounds like a bland adult contemporary album from the 90s. Poor.

Excited for the new War on Drugs album that'll be released next month. Living Proof didn't do much for me but the title track is a cracker.

Screen Violence is so many levels above Love Is Dead it's insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back