The Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

OK maybe not that far but she's come a long way. Her latest album Plastic Hearts and all her recent covers of great rock n roll tracks. She's changed so much since her early pop crap she was farming out. It feels like shes finally making music she was meant to make.
Maybe it's the music she wants to make now and not what she's told to make.

Had the album on repeat for the last part of this week.

I am finding more and more songs more appealing after each listen. Paradigms is great, as is Spit of You. Good Company also outstanding IMO.
Can’t remember good company so will listen again. I do find with songs, you need to give them a few listens before you make a true evaluation in them.

Can’t remember good company so will listen again. I do find with songs, you need to give them a few listens before you make a true evaluation in them.
Yeah I didn't like Aye at first listen but it has definitely grown on me.

Paradigms really stuck out today and made me take notice.

I have played the album twice each day the last two days. It's so damn good, I hope we get a tour.

So amazingly Miley Cyrus went from just another pop singer to the voice of a generation. Pretty impressive if I'm honest.
her cover of nothing else matters on metallica's blacklist album is possibly the best song on the album

Top of my bucket list of bands to see live next year when we can is Amyl and the Sniffers. Best female frontperson getting around at the moment imo. Can't wait.

punk rock and metal have been pumping out fantastic female artists for the last 5-10 years too. casseyette, poppy, spiritbox, employed to serve, venom prison, king woman, lilith czar to name just a few who have put stuff out recently and varying levels of heaviness.

amyl though is ******* brilliant. very raw sound to it all.

her cover of nothing else matters on metallica's blacklist album is possibly the best song on the album
I only really discovered the existence of this today and boy is that an eclectic mix of artists.

From The Chats to Phoebe Bridgers to Weezer to Kamasi Washington...

I only really discovered the existence of this today and boy is that an eclectic mix of artists.

From The Chats to Phoebe Bridgers to Weezer to Kamasi Washington...
there's a lot of the stuff i like on there, unfortunately it's not the type of album you can sit and listen to cos you're hearing the same song over again. rina sawayama doing enter sandman is another that i really like, i've listened to her self titled album at least a dozen times

Shes done some great covers recently. Nothing Else Matters as you said, she's also done Heart of Glass, Zombie, Mazzy Star's Fade Into You, Maneater by Hall and Oates and Doll Parts by Hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been enjoying the new War On Drugs - definitely think you will like Cruyff14

New Chvrches is fantastic too.

War on drugs album is really good.

Chvrches another level above that. Rufus album quite good too. Been a good month to two of music

Big fan of I Don't Live Here Anymore. That riff is great. I like this a lot and would listen to it again, for sure.

Don't mind Red Eyes or Harmonia's Dream either. I Don't Live Here Anymore definitely the best
The first and third songs are off the new album so you might like the rest of it

Red eyes was probably the song that made them real big.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back