The Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to Groovin The Moo yesterday, my first ever festival. I definitely do not fit in with that crowd lmao.

Saw Middle Kids, Hockey Dad, Montaigne, Polaris (meh), Spiderbait (amazing), Broods (pretty good considering I only knew one song), Lime Cordiale (who had people losing their ******* minds) and Wolf Alice (obviously incredible, Ellie Rowsell is such a good frontwoman).

Good time overall though, worth it just to see Wolf Alice.

Finding the Arcade Fire album hugely disappointing.
Unfortunately this is where I am at with it too. Which is such a shame. Probably their weakest work so far.

Went to Groovin The Moo yesterday, my first ever festival. I definitely do not fit in with that crowd lmao.

Saw Middle Kids, Hockey Dad, Montaigne, Polaris (meh), Spiderbait (amazing), Broods (pretty good considering I only knew one song), Lime Cordiale (who had people losing their ******* minds) and Wolf Alice (obviously incredible, Ellie Rowsell is such a good frontwoman).

Good time overall though, worth it just to see Wolf Alice.
Would have been a good time purely for Wolf Alice, Middle Kids and Broods. Shame I was in Tassie for Wolf Alice tour :(

I personally don't get the fuss over Lime Cordiale, find them relatively boring. I lump Ocean Alley in with them too.

I saw Mansionair twice over the last 3 weeks (Bris and Melb) and they were brilliant both times. New album is definitely a grower and a number of songs sound better live. They did a stripped back version of falling which was beautiful, had a tear in my eye.

Got Holy Holy this Saturday night and then I will see British India in two weeks.

Some really good music from White Lies, Everything Everything, Mansionair so far this year. Pond's extra songs on the deluxe version of 9 are fantastic.

These guys are fantastic. Starting to take off a bit now they are on most festival bills. Angeline's voice is beautiful

Finding the Arcade Fire album hugely disappointing.
It's a slight improvement on Everything Now but still a far cry from their first three albums and even Reflektor (which was good as opposed to being excellent).

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't checked out much new stuff this year having been caught up in a new job and moving and all. I'll probably make a list of albums to give a whirl and go an album a night over a fortnight or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, they can't make a bad one can they. Pretty confident after 1 listen this'll be my album of the year.
I don't think its going to be that high for me. But good first listen.

Anyone heard much of Skylights? Big Leeds fans from York.

Having a listen to a bit of their stuff and it’s not bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back