Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going through some of my LPs today and came across the old dilemma - where does one file alphabetically Little Anthony and the Imperials?

Naturally, I ended up going out of my head...and I still can't quite work out how the hell so much atmosphere and drama was created on the original recording. There really is nothing quite like it...one of the supreme recordings in the history of music...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Songs you completely forget about, even though you've had the 12" sitting under 'w' for the past 35 years, then end up playing 10 times in a row and still can't get enough...may have read that it's about Patti Smith, but whatever, we've all known a girl called Johnny, I hope to once again...

wow a lot of stuff from high school on this page.
to go along with the Neil Young retrospective and add in some REM. Good and interesting on many levels.

and RIP Tom Petty. I wasn't a fanatic, but liked his work. I listened to his first few albums up to DtT and realized how prevalent his sound was during that time. DtT came out my first semester at university. So many clips, but this one for some reason struck because despite being at the Super Bowl, this band was a working band. They can kill it on any stage.

wow a lot of stuff from high school on this page.
to go along with the Neil Young retrospective and add in some REM. Good and interesting on many levels.

and RIP Tom Petty. I wasn't a fanatic, but liked his work. I listened to his first few albums up to DtT and realized how prevalent his sound was during that time. DtT came out my first semester at university. So many clips, but this one for some reason struck because despite being at the Super Bowl, this band was a working band. They can kill it on any stage.

Quite like that 1st clip, hadn't heard it b4 because although I don't mind a few of REM's songs, I have never bought an album of theirs, so thanks.

70's -

Quite like that 1st clip, hadn't heard it b4 because although I don't mind a few of REM's songs, I have never bought an album of theirs, so thanks.

70's -

Great memories.
Always loved the Eagles. More recently heard one of theirs that doesn't get a lot of airplay but possibly their best imho.
That Pretenders song has a great film clip

Great memories.
Always loved the Eagles. More recently heard one of theirs that doesn't get a lot of airplay but possibly their best imho.
That Pretenders song has a great film clip

That's a gr8 song, 1 of my favs no doubt but I could pretty much say that about most of their music (Eagles), very easy to listen to.

Chrissie Hyndes' voice! You may have seen me post in this thread b4, that I always love a woman with 'tude. ;)

Damn you to hell vdubs, I've been killing enormous amounts of work time listening to 70s music, trying to remember the songs from my earliest listening days. :p

Mid 70s - I was in junior high/middle school and the first album I had that I selected myself was Edgar Winter's. I got it for these gems:

There were some others, Tubular Bells and Aerosmith on 8 track LOL, my sister's 45s - Smoky Robinson, Peter, Paul and Mary, the Archies..
I wish I could remember the music from school dances. Aside from the slow dance numbers, all I can remember for sure is this one, which kicked off my future taste for blues and bluesy hard rock. This clip only has Billy on it, but it rocks.

then I discovered the Beatles :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back