Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2007
The Rose Garden
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Storm/Blazers/Liverpool/Athletic
Pre-season under way, thought with the season only a couple of weeks away it might be a good time to start focusing on what's ahead. Isn't a great deal out with regards to futures as of yet. Just the Champs, MVP and ROY for the most part. Anyway, anything NBA, fire away...

Had a play at the MVP and Champions.

Had a free bet at IASbet, they don't give a great deal of options, has to be used on a future and looking at the options, thought the Lakers at $4.33 was too good to refuse. Celtics the main challengers for me, don't think Miami can gel and have the right mix behind the 3 big stars to compete against those two quality 'teams'. Celtics go so deep, just need to stay healthy at the right time and for me they beat the Heat to advance to play the Lakers who i reckon will get competition from the Mavs.

Also reckon Durant will lead the Thunder to another playoff spot and take home the MVP. He's a force and was happy to take $4.00 a month ago. IASbet still has him at $3.75 as they really rate Kobe unlike Sportingbet who has Durant and Lebron favourites at $3.25. Can't see any other player winning it, LeBron may be handicapped with Wade on his team, won't be this one man show anymore.

ROY is very interesting. The two standouts are obviously Wall and Griffin, liking Cousins as value, especially after he has drifted out to $10 on Sportingbet. Issue there is Sac actually have front court competition which may give him a handicap as he will be sharing minutes. Might struggle to get the numbers to compete with Thompson, Dalembert and Carl Landry taking minutes off him. Wall is getting out to a good price on Sportingbet with them favouring Griffin after his game last night. All other rookies will struggle for quality minutes early on, should be giving these three too much of a head start. You can get Wall @ $2.75 (Sportingbet), Griffin @ $4 (IASbet/Centrebet) and Cousins @ $10 (Sportingbet).

Some different thoughts/moves from the three different agencies with regards to ROY.

Sportingbet: Griffin $2.50, Wall $2.75, Cousins $10.00
Centrebet: Wall $2.20, Griffin $4.00, Cousins $9.00
IASbet: Wall $2.37, Griffin $4.00, Cousins $5.00

Betfair and Betchoice have preseason betting. Very unpredictable early on because teams don't care about the W at all, however there is always value everywhere.

Today I'm on Chicago at home $1.61 and small outlay on Portland at Denver $3.4.

Denver's first game so unlikely to give their starters many minutes where as it's Portlands 3rd game and starting to increase the load on their starters, plus they go deep into their bench. Just lost to Utah on the road last night.

Washington have been senstaional but surely they will cut Wall's / Arena's back a touch after playing twice in the last 4 days.

I got on the Denver/Golden State double, explanation is in the NBA Off-season thread @ $2.02. Pretty easy collect. Both teams where playing their first pre-season match and were playing opponents who had already played 3 games in 4 days.

Pre Season 9/10

Denver over Portland
Golden State over LA Clippers
@ $2.02 WIN

Made a little money on total points under between about 210.5 and 220.5. IMO way to high for preseason games. Teams arent out there to win at all costs, and giving bench and reserve players much more court time, thus reducing shooting percentage.

This is the first year ill be betting on the NBA and i was just wondering if anyone knows weather any betting agencys offer odds on individual players, over and under points, rebounds, assists markets?

If so what company is usually the best with these types of markets?

Pre-Season 11/10

Detroit -3.5 over Atlanta @ $1.91 (Sportingbet) WIN

Hawks riddled with injuries, Crawford, M.Williams, Teague, Josh Smith and potentially Al Horford out. They'll be throwing different lineups around, can't see them taking much interest in this game. Just 11 players available, 3 of those are camp invities.

Also like Portland at home against Utah. Just lost on the road at Utah a few days ago and should be able to turn it around easily provided they close to their full squad. Just way to strong at home and Utah turn to water on the road.

What the? I actually took the Pistons line of -6.5 in a multi...
Can write that one off, could have had Atlanta at over $3 too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boston good value to be the Eastern Conference Champions for me @ $5.50. They have plenty of experience on their side and they are arguably the deepest team in the NBA. Miami just don't have the role players IMO and think they'll be beaten in the front court by a fair few team. You look at the matchup against the Celtics...

Miami - Joel Anthony (Big Z) & Bosh (Haslem)
Celtics - Shaq/Perkins & Garnett (J.O'Neal/Baby Davis)

There is no comparision.

Heat overrated for mine.

I agree a fit Boston is the team to beat.

Chicago @ $1.50 will beat Toronto at home.

Minnesota $3.7 (betfair) is great value at home against a Denver side who has only played one game, never great on the road and to be honest they won't care whether they win or lose, it will be about giving their bench / role players time to prove themselves.

Pre-Season 12/10

Wizards -6 over Atlanta @ $1.91 (Sportingbet) WIN

This is the first home game for the Wizards and they will want to put on a good showing. The Hawks have been terrible in their two games. Gave up a 20 point lead and lost by 9 against an undermanned Detroit team. They are also playing back to back, they should be looking to conserve energy tonight. Last night, Jo.Crawford played 45 minutes :)eek:), Bibby and Johnson 28 minutes and J.Smith 21. Again will be without Teague, Evans and you'd expect Ja.Crawford not to play. Horford only played 14 but with E.Thomas and Zaza on the bench, wouldn't expect much from him minutes wise tonight. Seems they are just playing around with things at the moment.

LA Clippers +7.5 against SA Spurs @ $1.91 (Sportingbet) WIN

Loving this line right now but might to wait to see whether Kaman is in the lineup (should be, given the night off against the Warriors). First home game for the Clippers, like the Wizards they should be up for it. Spurs shouldn't be silly here, they shouldn't risk much aganst the Clippers away from home. Can't see them really caring about tonight and the 'old' starters should be playing much as usual.

It's imperative to get the best lines, especially in Basketball, think i will hop on now and hope they don't go up. Have looked around and most have Washington at -6/6.5 while the Clippers at +6.5/7.

Odds for the Heat/CSKA game aren't out yet, will see what they are because from Bosh's comments, i can't see the Heat loosing.

Pre-Season 12/10

LA Clippers +7.5 against SA Spurs @ $1.91 (Sportingbet)

Loving this line right now but might to wait to see whether Kaman is in the lineup (should be, given the night off against the Warriors). First home game for the Clippers, likethe Wizards they should be up for it. Spurs should be silly here, they should risk much aganst the Clippers away from home. Can't see them really caring about tonight and the 'old' starters should be playing much as usual.

This game is being played in Mexico so I'd be wary with this bet.

Unless I missed something and my LA Clippers have turned into the Mexico City Clippers?

I agree a fit Boston is the team to beat.

Chicago @ $1.50 will beat Toronto at home. WIN

Minnesota $3.7 (betfair) is great value at home against a Denver side who has only played one game, never great on the road and to be honest they won't care whether they win or lose, it will be about giving their bench / role players time to prove themselves. WIN

Hit both of mine and I notice everyone else did a good job.

Cruiser I jump on your Washinton and LAC bet - thanks. Well thanks for the first one and the second is at least looking promosing, however I got on the win.. couldn't help myself:D

Pre-Season 13/10

New Jersey Nets +7 against Houston @ $1.91 (Sportingbet) LOSS

Let's see if i can get the location right this time, this game is definitely being played in China :)p). Now considering Yao is playing the line was always going to be skewed in the Rockets direction. Thing is though he is not the Yao of old and wouldn't expect much more than 15 minutes. Plus Adleman has come out and said this game is a disruption for their regular season plans so i can't see him taking it overally seriously. Nets on the other hand have be vocal in their stance that they want to become a global team. Reckon they'll want to put on a good show. Also Favors will start and Devin Harris will play at least 30 minutes according to Avery. Plus some american bookies have the line at +6, so we are getting an extra point here.

Minnesota +7 against Indiana Pacers @ $1.91 (Sportingbet) LOSS

Wolves playing very well, showing fight and actually taking the pre-season seriously. Pacers struggling, seems to have changed o a half court game and they haven't really flurished as of yet.

Detroit +6.5 against Dallas @ $1.91 (Centrebet) WIN

Detroit playing fairly well while Dallas really don't give much thought to th pre-season with a fair few older players who know they have to stay health. Lineup for Dallas is fairly laughable, they are giving their starters a rest so obviously Carlisle doesn't mind picking up another L.

Detroit v Dallas under 197.5 @1.91 Centrebet.

In Dallas' 4 games they have exceeded this total only once (by half a point!) and Detroit has also only done so once in 3 games.

Detroit aren't exactly a offensive unit at the best of times and if Dallas play close to their full team, it should be well under.

Other one is Boston at $1.45 mutli into Toronto $1.33 but I'll wait to see the line ups.

Boston rested all their starters today so I expect to the play and if so this is a lock.

Philly just got over the line today for their first win over the Boston reserve unit and will not beat Toronta in Canada provided Toronto field a strong line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back