Mega Thread The NBA Bubble Off AND preseason thread (2020)

Who will win the NBA off season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still recovering from the loss of Frank Kaminsky, amigo?

Will deeply miss him blowing multiple point blank layups and then knocking down a 3 and fanning the flames. A true character.

Hornets waiving boom boom Batum

Celtics trade Hayward and two seconds to Charlotte for a trade exception.

If that Indy Turner + McBuckets + first round pick for Hayward offer story is true, then the above is quite a poo poo platter to end up with.

Wonder whether Batum will suddenly rediscover how to shoot with the Clippers.

Celtics trade Hayward and two seconds to Charlotte for a trade exception.

If that Indy Turner + McBuckets + first round pick for Hayward offer story is true, then the above is quite a poo poo platter to end up with.

Wonder whether Batum will suddenly rediscover how to shoot with the Clippers.
I believe it was true however, I heard Charolette was the only team offering him that kind of money.

I believe it was true however, I heard Charolette was the only team offering him that kind of money.

Well this is the story. I can only link the accompanying tweet, the story itself is behind a paywall.

As regards the contract, the question is whether Hayward was happy to accept less to return 'home'. Rumour is he had his kids enrolled in Indy schools, or something like that.

If Ainge was playing hardball with Indy, he might have said "stuff it" and taken the money with Charlotte.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this is the story. I can only link the accompanying tweet, the story itself is behind a paywall.

As regards the contract, the question is whether Hayward was happy to accept less to return 'home'. Rumour is he had his kids enrolled in Indy schools, or something like that.

If Ainge was playing hardball with Indy, he might have said "stuff it" and taken the money with Charlotte.

I wish he did would've preferred Turner over TT any day like everyone else here would've.

I wish he did would've preferred Turner over TT any day like everyone else here would've.

If you'd got Turner, you could've used your MLE on another playmaking guard to spell Kemba, like Rondo or DJ Augustin.

And had a shooter in McBuckets on a decent expiring contract.

And had an extra future 1st round pick, as opposed to being down two 2nds.

Heat max Bam which they just had to, but now it means they are gonna lose Herro, Robinson, Nunn etc if they still go for Giannis next off season.

If the Heat do get Giannis, it might just be similar to the Bucks. Butler and Bam give him more help but all three cant really shoot so ...

Miami have Dragic $19m team option, Iguodala $15m team option, Leonard $10m team option, Olynyk $12m expiring to go with Bam's $30m and Butler's $36m for 2021/22. Herro is only on $4m (team option) and Robinson and Nunn are uncontracted after this season.

Can they not just let Dragic, Iggy, Leonard, Olynyk go and sign Giannis that way? Their guaranteed contracts for 2021/22 only total around $80m including Butler and Bam. The salary cap for 2021/22 *was* projected to be about $120m. Or would they still have to sign and trade someone of value in order to match the salary coming in?

Maybe I'm in in the minority but a Giannis/Bam/Butler big 3 doesn't do it for me if it comes at the expense of the rest of the roster. I like all those guys but two athletic big men who aren't good shooters and a wing that's not a particularly good shooter doesn't sound like the recipe for success in the modern NBA. If they could have those 3 guys plus their sharpshooting guards then hand them the rings now, but I could see them ending up like Milwaukee with good inside scoring and defence and not much else to write home about.

Miami have Dragic $19m team option, Iguodala $15m team option, Leonard $10m team option, Olynyk $12m expiring to go with Bam's $30m and Butler's $36m for 2021/22. Herro is only on $4m (team option) and Robinson and Nunn are uncontracted after this season.

Can they not just let Dragic, Iggy, Leonard, Olynyk go and sign Giannis that way? Their guaranteed contracts for 2021/22 only total around $80m including Butler and Bam. The salary cap for 2021/22 *was* projected to be about $120m. Or would they still have to sign and trade someone of value in order to match the salary coming in?

Maybe I'm in in the minority but a Giannis/Bam/Butler big 3 doesn't do it for me if it comes at the expense of the rest of the roster. I like all those guys but two athletic big men who aren't good shooters and a wing that's not a particularly good shooter doesn't sound like the recipe for success in the modern NBA. If they could have those 3 guys plus their sharpshooting guards then hand them the rings now, but I could see them ending up like Milwaukee with good inside scoring and defence and not much else to write home about.
The Heat had around 50m projected cap space next off season if they didn't extend Adebayo. So from that 50 million, Bam would take up about 15.4m which would leave them 34.6 million to get a max contract for Giannis.

But by extending Bam, he now takes up 27.5 of that 50 million leaving just 22.5 million to sign Giannis which is a lot less than the max which wont get you Giannis. There is a rule that if Bam had waited and the Heat signed Giannis to a max next offseason they are then allowed to go over the cap to sign Bam to a max because he is their own guy but now that Bam has extended they cant do that.

It all hinged on Adebayo waiting another year to extend but he obviously didnt want to do that as anything can happen, think Boogie, DRose, Grant Hill, Hayward...

Of course there are other ways to get Giannis now but it just means gutting the roster and trying to dump as much money as they can. Losing Dragic will definitely happen to accommodate Giannis, probably Herro too.

Kemba Walker received a stem cell injection in his left knee, and was put on a 12-week strengthening program to prepare for the upcoming season.

Terry Rozier far more durable

Kemba Walker received a stem cell injection in his left knee, and was put on a 12-week strengthening program to prepare for the upcoming season.

Terry Rozier far more durable
Don't disrespect the crossover killer Kemba like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back