Mega Thread The NBA Bubble Off AND preseason thread (2020)

Who will win the NBA off season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we call off next season at this point? It's just gonna be a mindless march to the title for the Lakers. They have crushed Free Agency and trades.

LeBron
AD
Schroder
Trez
M.Gasol
Kuzma
Caruso
KCP
Mathews

Meanwhile GSW were supposed to be back then Klay went down again and the Clippers have gotten worse. Boston gotten worse, the Heat have kinda stood still. Nuggets havent done much. Easy picking for the Lakers next season.

I guess the season might hold some interest if Harden finds his way to Brooklyn so I hope that happens.
I agree. Anything but a title and the season will be an epic fail peternorth

On paper they are the best squad. Perhaps on 2k20/1 also. Whether they can sustain and fulfil the hype remains to be seen. Furthermore, let's not forget LA have lost two major defensive lynchpins in McGee and Dwight

Boogie to the Rockets.

That ought to calm everyone right down.

Had heard he wanted to go somewhere where he'd be the 1st or 2nd option. So who is telling Russ he's the number 3 option?

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Do we call off next season at this point? It's just gonna be a mindless march to the title for the Lakers. They have crushed Free Agency and trades.

LeBron
AD
Schroder
Trez
M.Gasol
Kuzma
Caruso
KCP
Mathews

Meanwhile GSW were supposed to be back then Klay went down again and the Clippers have gotten worse. Boston gotten worse, the Heat have kinda stood still. Nuggets havent done much. Easy picking for the Lakers next season.

I guess the season might hold some interest if Harden finds his way to Brooklyn so I hope that happens.

Often when something appears to be a monty, it doesn't end up being a monty

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
It won't happen, but is there any rule against GSW trading out Klay for one year then trading him back in?

I.e. Klay for something (with/without 3rd team involved) for 2020/21, with a handshake agreement that next year he is traded back for say Wiggins to match salary and Minnesota's pick or something like that.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It won't happen, but is there any rule against GSW trading out Klay for one year then trading him back in?

I.e. Klay for something (with/without 3rd team involved) for 2020/21, with a handshake agreement that next year he is traded back for say Wiggins to match salary and Minnesota's pick or something like that.

Won't happen, but is a fun thought process.

Let's say Luka goes down early and Dallas want to go full tank (SAS 99 style). Trade Porzingis for Klay for the year.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

LeBron
AD
Schroder
Trez
M.Gasol
Kuzma
Caruso
KCP
Mathews

You're forgetting how amazing Wiggins is...

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
U/Os are out.

Bucks 51
Lakers 47
Clippers 46.5
Celtics 46.5
Nets 45
Nuggets 44.5
Heat 44.5
Mavericks 43
Raptors 43
76ers 43
Jazz 41
Pacers 40
Warriors 39
Trail Blazers 38.5
Suns 37.5
Pelicans 35.5
Grizzlies 32.5
Hawks 31.5
Magic 31.5
Thunder 29.5
Spurs 29.5
Wizards 29
Bulls 29
Kings 28.5
Timberwolves 27.5
Hornets 24
Knicks 24
Pistons 22
Cavaliers 22

Bit nervous about the Ingram contract, but I guess letting assets get away for nothing would have been the bigger sin.

The small market dilemma.
Biggest ever contract for a Pelly I read. Could be a good night trivia night question,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back