Mega Thread The NBA Bubble Off AND preseason thread (2020)

Who will win the NBA off season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Doc the problem?

That team has zero leaders.
I didn't think Doc was the problem either you can't coach players to shoot like sh*t in a game 7.

Plus interested in who will be the next coach most likely Ty Lue.

But like I said - they have huge leadership issues in the roster. Neither Kawhi or wayoff are natural born alpha leaders. Players yes - leaders no.

Kawhi is most certainly an Alpha Dog. But you are right about Boy George.

But that does not excuse blowing a 3 - 1 lead against Denver. It was the right call to move Doc on..

Is Doc the problem?

That team has zero leaders.

Dunno whether he's the problem per se, but it may be that he's not the solution either.

Has been given seven years with some stacked rosters and never made it to the conference finals. There was always going to be a reckoning for losing to Denver in the way that they did, so it is what it is, I guess.

Kawhi leaving Toronto was an absolutely stupid basketball decision.

Could say the same about San Antonio, really.

The interesting thing will be how much, if any, influence Doc had on recruiting him to LA. Hard to get a read on what makes him tick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could say the same about San Antonio, really.

The interesting thing will be how much, if any, influence Doc had on recruiting him to LA. Hard to get a read on what makes him tick.
I don't think KL is in it for $, fame or movie roles. He is a Californian at heart so perhaps being close to family is something that drives him.

Or maybe

Ruh ruw.......it's unravelling quicker than insert event here

Montrezl Harrell is a double agent’: Kawhi Leonard’s trainer mocks Clippers’ star; wanted Lakers’ Dwight Howard instead

Could've at least used a burner account like Durant and Colangelo.

Kawhi leaving Toronto was an absolutely stupid basketball decision.

Leaving Toronto is fine. Going to the Clippers is the problem, or maybe PG13 is the problem - once they had Kawhi the Clippers needed a different piece than PG13.

Kawhi needed to go somewhere where there was a leader already. Then he he could simply dominate in peace while someone else does all the leadership stuff.

Kawhi should have come to the Lakers.

Leaving Toronto is fine. Going to the Clippers is the problem, or maybe PG13 is the problem - once they had Kawhi the Clippers needed a different piece than PG13.

Kawhi needed to go somewhere where there was a leader already. Then he he could simply dominate in peace while someone else does all the leadership stuff.

Kawhi should have come to the Lakers.
George was the reason he joined the Clippers. Lakers' management was somewhat shambolic at the time, with stuff leaking from their meeting.

Seriously, he just won the ring with the best coach in the league, one of the best GMs, a fantastic leader in Lowry and a great all round team. You won't convince me there was a better spot for him, basketball wise, at that time.

I get it, he wanted to live in LA. But if he wanted to win, he should have stayed.

So Paul George, aka Playoff P aka Pandemic P aka Wayoff P aka Lay-off P has really done a number on the Rivers family. Austin is next

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think Doc was the problem either you can't coach players to shoot like sh*t in a game 7.

Plus interested in who will be the next coach most likely Ty Lue.
Scapegoat
Lol was viewed as doing a great job with the Lou William's Clippers before the 'superstars' got there.
One problem after another with the clippers players in the bubble. They didn't come to play and they talked a lot of smack and couldn't back it up.
Biggest choke i've seen from so called star players. They bungled three close out games in a row with brick after brick on wide open looks after having big leads.

We're going to end up with Doc aren't we? fu**.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back