Mega Thread The NBA Bubble Off AND preseason thread (2020)

Who will win the NBA off season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Golden State Warriors have interest in Jeremy Lin, according to a source.

Lin last played in the NBA in 18-19 with the Toronto Raptors, only playing sparingly. Lin received little free agent interest in 2019 and eventually signed in China.

Lin began his NBA career with the Warriors.

The Golden State Warriors have interest in Jeremy Lin, according to a source.

Lin last played in the NBA in 18-19 with the Toronto Raptors, only playing sparingly. Lin received little free agent interest in 2019 and eventually signed in China.

Lin began his NBA career with the Warriors.
I lold

107059693_crop_north.jpg

DG is insufferable these days

Pat Riley now has come out and said that this year's championship is an asterisk.

I doubt he would've said that had the heat won.

Pretty sure he was just referring to the fact that the Heat lost important players to injury, not that the championship was less credible.

Pretty sure he was just referring to the fact that the Heat lost important players to injury, not that the championship was less credible.
I'm more inclined to believe it was a subtle shot at Lebron.

Even if Dragic and Bam were healthy Lakers in 6 IMO.

I'm more inclined to believe it was a subtle shot at Lebron.

Even if Dragic and Bam were healthy Lakers in 6 IMO.

It's unfortunate that he used the word 'asterisk', but if you read the quote in context as fidstar said then it's pretty clear that he's talking about a missed opportunity for Miami.

As it was the Lakers won in 6 even with the Heat's injuries. Riley said he thought it would have gone 7 without the injuries - hardly a controversial opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give him ownership stake, buy him a private jet or a yacht and call it Moreyball, tell him in 5 years he can go and work for one of the Euro soccer teams in their portfolio ala Billy Beane, ala Ted Lasso.

Whatever it takes, cause this is such a no-brainer.

Mission Accomplished. The Sixers have bought my silence (again).

Went from getting swept in the first round to hiring Morey, Rivers, Joerger and today Cassell and Indy's lead defensive strategist Dan Burke and noted Embiid hater.

If that ain't failing upwards, I don't know what is.

Mission Accomplished. The Sixers have bought my silence (again).

Went from getting swept in the first round to hiring Morey, Rivers, Joerger and today Cassell and Indy's lead defensive strategist Dan Burke and noted Embiid hater.

If that ain't failing upwards, I don't know what is.
And what and where does that leave Elton Brand?

Jazz being sold for the better part of $2 billion.

I guess a basketball team is a fun thing to buy if you have some spare change lying around.
Must be all those savings on insurance premiums from having a Vivint Smart Home

And what and where does that leave Elton Brand?

Does it matter?

Great guy, likeable and all that, but giving him the keys to a team that was in the contention window when he had no prior front office NBA experience remains one of the more baffling decisions this team has made in the last 4 years (and that's saying something).

Dunno how involved he was in the Morey courtship but this is a clear demotion and maybe he decides to jet. But he's not going be the no.1 guy in any other team's FO, and honestly him being the no.2 under Morey is probably the best thing for him. Learn of him, be the guy that executes Morey's plans and in a few years he'll be pretty sought after.

Morey and Rivers just seem like they won't get along.

Not sure this matters either.

But worth noting that Morey wanted Doc for the Houston gig, they have a prior relationship in Boston, and Doc not having basketball operations role in his title (like he did for a while w/ Clippers) means that he can just focus on unlocking Ben and Joel without the faff of un******* the roster, which seems like the perfect use of each guys respective skills.

Jeff Van Gundy was one of three finalists for the Houston Rockets' head coaching job after long being considered the favorite. But the Rockets ultimately decided to hire Stephen Silas for the job and the reason could have pivoted on Houston's stars not supporting Van Gundy's candidacy to the degree that would have made all parties comfortable.

"Van Gundy, I don't know if there was a lot of buy in or any buy in from James Harden or Russell Westbrook," said Tim MacMahon on the Brian Windhorst podcast. "And I don't know if Jeff Van Gundy necessarily wanted to, you know, have to beg to coach guys. And so I think personality wise, that might not have been a match."

"[Tim] Bontemps, he's being very artful in his language right now," interjected Windhorst. "Pay attention to what he's saying."

"I get it. I give the man credit for tap dancing around," said Bontemps.

"He's doing a good job. Is this mic on? I thought we were on mute. Go ahead, MacMahon," said Windhorst.

"We could just say Van Gundy was considered the lead candidate all season long, I think that the most important decision maker for the Rockets wasn't quite so sure about that one," added MacMahon.

Van Gundy is a longtime analyst for ESPN and ABC and will remain in the role.

Look forward to Jeff commentating at future Rockets games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back