Mega Thread The NBA Bubble Off AND preseason thread (2020)

Who will win the NBA off season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
I dont get the hate for the Hornets signing Hayward to big money. The small market teams always have to overpay which is what they did but they are still getting a terrific player.

I mean he averaged 17, 6 and 4 as a 4th option in Boston, a 4th option! Now he's given the keys in Charlotte to be the man again like he was in Utah. He's a former all star and a terrific shooter, also very efficient, there is a lot to like about Hayward.

Yes they overpaid, but Hayward can still play.
Lavar Ball does not like this

They are stuck with Batum though, you cant just put everything on hold and wait out Batum's contract. At least Hayward is gonna be somewhat worth that money. In the East, I wouldnt rule out Hayward being an All Star next season.

If they don’t make the S&T they’ve turned a $27M expiring contract into $9M worth of ballast for the next three years.

Hayward could make an all star bench but is he going to lead in your saddles two years from now?

Why did we go TT?

Ibaka was there FFS!

Think he is a great get for you guys, Celtics have the offensive power having TT with Theis off the bench is a nice mix.

That's been missing piece in my opinion with Boston.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Clippers a chance? how has the recovery gone?
The usual. He’s fully recovered. 2 years out. That’s the big if. At the wrong end of his career. 30 years old. Who knows what changes he has. Probably has to go down the shooting off the elbow/sideline route. Rather then explosive dunks etc

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
First season - Miss a whole season due to one of the worst injuries a basketball player can have
Second season - Be bad at basketball
Third season - Have two separate injuries where he misses a month, plus a couple of other minor injuries where he misses games.

Players don't tend to get better on the injury front when they turn 30 (he's 30 now). His contract run until he is 35.

I really hope I'm wrong. I like him as a player and obviously love MJ, so want to see Charlotte succeed. I just put it at 10-20%.
I guess we will find out. I dont think it's a terrible move for Charlotte.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Pretty ordinary by Wall. Only played 41 games in 17/18, then 32 games in 18/19. Gets paid 57 mill for the past three years, then asks to be traded with 130 million left on his deal? That's some serious screwing over of your team.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Pels may have bitten off more than they can chew with the Adams deal

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Long term $ a potential problem with a max Ingram.
Nah it's not an overall cash flow problem, it's more nuanced than that

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Pretty ordinary by Wall. Only played 41 games in 17/18, then 32 games in 18/19. Gets paid 57 mill for the past three years, then asks to be traded with 130 million left on his deal? That's some serious screwing over of your team.
To be fair, he’s been loyal through and through. Picked the team on his back and plowed through to the second round multiple times.
Now he realises Beal is the man, and time has moved on. Think it’s him and Curry as the only two long serving players at their franchises.
Be very happy to get even Westbrook for him.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Well hopefully they can manage the nuance...it's a monster front court.

It's very frustrating. Here's a sweet analogy of the problem:

Say you went to the shops to pick up an item you'd pre-ordered for $20. You can cover it then and there but you've only got a 100 dollar bill in your wallet. No worries?

No... worries. Issue is, the merchant wants the exact amount in cash (EFTPOS is down) and won't give you change. You're sure as hell not throwing 80 dollars away, even though the item is pretty neat and you've spent the past few days justifying how much value it's gonna bring to your life. What do you do now?

That's pretty much it

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Will spend an unreasonable amount of time watching Knicks basketball w/ Mitchell and Nerlens as their starting centers. Cool as hell.

Also the NBA requires us to spend 90% of the salary cap so we literally had to give money to the best available thing we could get.

If you don't reach the floor you just distribute the remaining 90% amongst the players already on the roster. You don't have to spend it on another player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back