Win Prizes The NBA Off-Season Thread 2018 (now includes pre season games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome brethren to the off season thread. Some of us have been here for some time, some proudly, others agonisingly.

Here we enjoy the fruits of the off season where winners will win (lottery and draft) and others will arrive in June, vanquished and in search of solace from the boards brotherhood.

To start with, on SEN 1116 Chris Anstey and the other host mused that the Coach of the Year should be decided after the NBA finals. Why? Because if you don't make the playoffs/finals how can you be the best coach? Same goes for MVP. But not for rookie of the year (Ben couldn't win it then).

Agree??

So anyway the draft cant come soon enough. And FA signings. For mine, not sure i want lebron. Or PG13. Be a shame to break up the young core
I think Andrew Bogut is NBL bound

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
So anyway the draft cant come soon enough. And FA signings. For mine, not sure i want lebron. Or PG13. Be a shame to break up the young core
Won’t have to break up the young core to get one of them, although if we do get them IMO it’s as a package deal.

Still think PG is the perfect piece for us (not so much LBJ, but LeBron is LeBron)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Portland Trail Blazers finished the regular season with the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference but were swept in the first round by New Orleans Pelicans.

Lillard believes the Pelicans did an excellent job of taking him out of the offense.

"The reality of it is, their game plan was to take me out," said Lillard. "I come across halfcourt and there are two guys guarding me. There's really no excuse on my behalf. You've got to take the good with the bad. I can accept the credit when I do great things and I accept the criticism."

Lillard believes the Blazers currently have potential to hit another level the way the Warriors did after their first round exit to the Clippers in 2014.

"I honestly feel like our team is capable of something like that," Lillard said.

Lillard also disagrees with the suggestion that the Blazers may be better off breaking up his backcourt pairing with CJ McCollum.

"I mean, I don't agree with it. I think it's that simple. That's the easiest thing to say, but I don't agree with it."

Dame. Pls.

Also speaking to that European guy who works for the Jazz.

When in doubt, always go the Euro.
I kind of want the Jazz to get knocked out so we can sign him quickly before Sarver signs the janitor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back