Win Prizes The NBA Off-Season Thread 2018 (now includes pre season games)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Kat did want out are suns in a good position?

Kat+booker makes you a free agency player if the coaching and office looks in order.

What does it take?
Absolutely they are.

Chicago Bulls have reportedly made a 1st round promise to drafting G/F Chandler Hutchison at #22.

Hutchison according to a source has pulled out of the combine due to the Bulls promising to take him at #22.

As long as it isn't Grayson Allen...

Why not Grayson? He won’t punch teammates in the jaw. Has some impressive athleticism to be fair

I'll call it right now.

There is no chance that KAT gets traded. Minnesota will trade or fire anyone in the organisation to keep himhappy
Yes we do have a history of making smart, rational decisions an---no, sorry, I couldn't get through that with a straight face.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...te-divincenzo-plans-playing-nba-draft-combine

Since the end of Villanova's national championship season, DiVincenzo has traveled to South Dakota to work out with retired NBA guard Kirk Hinrich.

im-in-gif-8.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was reading a bit of Canis Hoopus yesterday.

Not a lot of love for Thibs in those parts.
It's definitely not isolated to CH.

Thibs has a lot still to prove and, as much as I don't agree that we grossly underachieved this season as some would suggest, I think a number of very worrying trends emerged. Rightly or wrongly my confidence in him has dwindled and this noise - accurate or not - has really made me realise that.

I dunno. I think we're stuck. I don't think we should sack him unless this KAT stuff is irreconcilable. If KAT genuinely wants out you sack Thibs, trade Wiggins/Butler, sell the team, fire the assistant coaches and tell the guys who mop the sweat off the floor that their service is no longer required before you even think about moving Towns. And if that's not the view of the organisation - we're ****ed either way.

Problem is if you make the move now theres a lot of other teams ahead of the pack in appointing coaches.

For better or worse I think they're wedded to Thibs for at least 12 more months. Complicated by so many ex-Bulls, etc, etc. Saw this gif offered up as symptomatic of Thibs fatigue though.. makes for an interesting lip-reading exercise.

giphy.gif

It's not just him, between Glen Taylor, Rick Brunson and the KAT situation there's a lot of jaded pessimism it would seem. I hope they don't screw this up.

I dunno. I think we're stuck. I don't think we should sack him unless this KAT stuff is irreconcilable. If KAT genuinely wants out you sack Thibs, trade Wiggins/Butler, sell the team, fire the assistant coaches and tell the guys who mop the sweat off the floor that their service is no longer required before you even think about moving Towns. And if that's not the view of the organisation - we're ****** either way.

From what I read one of the coaches that was let go was close to KAT. The perception is/was that Thibs is doing his control freak thing... how true that is remains to be seen, but there's plenty of smoke there, that's for sure.

From what I read one of the coaches that was let go was close to KAT. The perception is/was that Thibs is doing his control freak thing... how true that is remains to be seen, but there's plenty of smoke there, that's for sure.
Yeah they sacked his personal trainer. The thing is, as much as this might seem to contradict my previous post, if you genuinely believe the guy's no good you've gotta do it. KAT has to understand that. If it was done without any consultation with him, though, that's where the problem arises.

Yeah they sacked his personal trainer. The thing is, as much as this might seem to contradict my previous post, if you genuinely believe the guy's no good you've gotta do it. KAT has to understand that. If it was done without any consultation with him, though, that's where the problem arises.

KAT has been pretty durable! There's a job at Collingwood if the guy wants it.

Perhaps Thibs is annoyed that KAT isn't capable of averaging more than 35 mpg. Rose, Noah and Deng could, and look at them now :oops:

Perhaps Thibs is annoyed that KAT isn't capable of averaging more than 35 mpg. Rose, Noah and Deng could, and look at them now :oops:
And I guess herein lies the biggest problem in the eyes of many: Thibs did absolutely nothing to disperse the past criticism of him that spelled his end in his previous role. Despite all the talk of learning a lot in his time off, he still refused to stagger rotations; still gave the bench very little responsibility or opportunity; still showed no ability to oversee a modern offence; still favoured guys he had an existing relationship with; still played the starters exorbitantly; and still had too many plays out of TOs that were, err...unusual.

I think even the most optimistic of Wolves supporter knew that if Chicago Thibs turned up we'd not get where we wanted to. There's little to suggest we haven't got that version of Thibs - and now he has complete roster control as well. The Wiggins whispers and now the KAT stuff are just the icing on a pretty shitty cake. Organisation needs to get itself under control.

Last edited:
I think even the most optimistic of Wolves supporter knew that if Chicago Thibs turned up we'd not get where we wanted to. There's little to suggest we haven't got that version of Thibs - and now he has complete roster control as well.

This is the scary part.

Budenholzer, Doc, SVG - the list of good coaches who as GM have proven to be, well... good coaches - is troubling.

The first part of what you wrote is also pertinent. IMO that's the difference between a Popovich and a Thibs. It's not that Pop has never made a coaching mistake - he's made plenty - but he has proven capable of adapting and learning from those mistakes. In the first part of Duncan's career Pop used to play him as heavy minutes as anyone in the league. Second half of his career was a complete reversal, and a masterclass in ensuring career longevity.

The other part is adaptation to particular players. I have no doubt that perfectionist Thibs works well as a coach for Butler and Taj. It doesn't necessarily mean that the same demeanour, tough love etc is going to work equally well for KAT and Wiggins though. A lot of coaches understand this, but Thibs? Jury's out.

KAT has been pretty durable! There's a job at Collingwood if the guy wants it.

If Thibs wants anything it's a defensive anchor at center. To make that happen he'd have to run the gamut between front office and ownership - the same owners who needed a sit-down with Wiggins before agreeing to a max-extension - to facilitate a trade, so it's not going to happen. But even then, if they look to the draft they're not going to find one in Ayton.

Real Madrid wins Euroleague Final against last year's champs Fenerbahce.

Luka Donic ends an 8 months run as:
EuroBasket champion
EuroLeague champion
EuroLeague MVP (youngest ever)
EuroLeague Final Four MVP

Will need to adjust to NBA pace once he comes over, but you'll be hard pressed to find a more accomplished teenager to enter the draft in a long ass time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back