Win Prizes The NBA Off-Season Thread 2018 (now includes pre season games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah boooi

Pretty inexcusable from the Kings really, given they don't even own their pick next year.

Legit one of the worst three sides in the league, will instead probably pick 7th or 8th. Don't follow college bball enough to know who the next McLemore is, but they'll find him.

Strong rumours that lakers will go after Kawai. Not sure about this. His behaviour this year has been appalling towards an organisation that's strong on morals, team and discipline.

Not sure I want him, especially given he's still injured, and will need to give up a draft pick, kuzma, ingram and cash considerations.

Please. Tell me more.

CiO1XK8.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To start with, on SEN 1116 Chris Anstey and the other host mused that the Coach of the Year should be decided after the NBA finals. Why? Because if you don't make the playoffs/finals how can you be the best coach? Same goes for MVP. But not for rookie of the year (Ben couldn't win it then).

Agree??

To go back to OP:
Definitely disagree for MVP. It's a regular season award and should stay as such. The MVP is not always on the best team, and should not be penalised if his team gets beaten in the playoffs.
COTY - that's a bit more of a discussion, but again no. I actually prefer COTY going to guys who have overachieved with (expected) poor/average rosters - name it after the playoffs and you probably miss out on some of the most deserving guys.

There's an argument for adding an individual award for the whole playoffs (not just Finals MVP) for AD-type performances - but the reality is that the "award" for doing well in the playoffs is going to the next round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back