Win Prizes The NBA Off-Season Thread 2018 (now includes pre season games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow they got even less than we did unloading Dwight. He must have some crazy sportsman version of narcissism. With us apparently he would always be talking the talk but never walked the walk himself. I imagine spending 200 days a year hearing that would be maddening.

Apparently he was not liked in the locker room especially by Kemba. Makes sense to get rid of him for a bag of chips to keep the main guy happy I guess. Assuming Kemba stays

I don't see the Spurs trading Kawhi to the Lakers.
I don't doubt that they don't want to, just wouldn't surprise me to see them eventually cave on it when other teams don't want to commit to trading much for him since he's basically telling teams he's gonna * off to L.A anyway after a year. Smells like one of those typical AFL trade week trades of a club standing strong until the eventual give up you knew was coming on the last day.

I don't doubt that they don't want to, just wouldn't surprise me to see them eventually cave on it when other teams don't want to commit to trading much for him since he's basically telling teams he's gonna **** off to L.A anyway after a year. Smells like one of those typical AFL trade week trades of a club standing strong until the eventual give up you knew was coming on the last day.

If the Lakers sign LeBron and George this off season they won't have space to offer Kawhi the max next off season.

The Los Angeles Lakers recently held a meeting warning all employees to make sure they are careful about doing anything that could be considered tampering ahead of free agency.

The Lakers could sign two max free agents this offseason.

Jeanie Buss called the meeting, which was led by Magic Johnson.

The Lakers have been punished twice by the NBA for tampering in the past year and as one team source put it, "we are under incredible scrutiny with everything so Jeanie and Earvin had to make this crystal, crystal clear to everyone."

Didn’t Magic do the most tampering?

If the Lakers sign LeBron and George this off season they won't have space to offer Kawhi the max next off season.
I'm sure they could shift things around, get out of the Deng deal and make it work when it came time to. I'd rather they didn't since I'd prefer to the Lakers to be in perpetual misery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he was not liked in the locker room especially by Kemba. Makes sense to get rid of him for a bag of chips to keep the main guy happy I guess. Assuming Kemba stays

I was actually reading that Kemba was one of the few who could tolerate him, not that it's saying much.

It's an indictment on Dwight that he can't even settle gracefully into a Capela/Steven Adams role. Been drinking the same kool-aid as Carmelo.

Do as I say, not as I do.

It's like inviting Dave Warner to teach an ethics class.

The Los Angeles Lakers recently held a meeting warning all employees to make sure they are careful about doing anything that could be considered tampering ahead of free agency.

The Lakers have been punished twice by the NBA for tampering in the past year and as one team source put it, "we are under incredible scrutiny with everything so Jeanie and Earvin had to make this crystal, crystal clear to everyone."

Like Kobe in Colorado

Magic certainly did tamper

20140121-214107.jpg

earvin-magic-johnson-and-the-laker-girls-attend-the-nba-2k12-launch-picture-id127958913

Meh not really that hyped up for this years Offseason, guess it kinda just feels like its been done a thousand times before, would love to see something come out of no where like Curry requesting a trade to get away from Green.

Meh not really that hyped up for this years Offseason, guess it kinda just feels like its been done a thousand times before, would love to see something come out of no where like Curry requesting a trade to get away from Green.

How about ... Lebron goes to Lakers, Kobe comes out of retirement to join him.

Post in here more then and you’ll see things differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back