Opinion The NBA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A few standout performances in SL today from the most recent draft class. With Mitchell, Tatum and Fultz all looking like absolute quality. Bolden was also fairly exciting.

Strong draft by the looks of it if Mitchell at 13 is anything to go by.

More 3pt shooting is needed for Clippers to remain a top few seed out West, if that can be acquired, Clippers can maintain a similar record I'm anticipating.

Looking like Danilo Gallinari is going to sign.
Crawford, Diamond Stone and our 2018 first rounder (from Houston) on it's way to Atlanta.
Unsure what goes back to Denver.

Looking like we will keep Lou Williams to run the 2nd unit scoring. Interesting.

Hayward to Boston, thoughts on that guys?

Put it this way... If I was new to the sport and looking to choose a team with the brightest future, it'd be a no brainer for me.

I would go with Philly or Twolves

Boston have 3 first round picks in 2018 (2 from lottery teams) and 4 first round picks in 2019 (1 from lottery team).
There is no other team in the league in a better position roster wise over the next 3 years.

Boston have 3 first round picks in 2018 (2 from lottery teams) and 4 first round picks in 2019 (1 from lottery team).
There is no other team in the league in a better position roster wise over the next 3 years.
Philly and wolves already have their roster make up set for life after the Warriors, Boston don't. They're sort of caught between trying to get to finals now and rebuild.
Philly look to have 3 genuine stars plus Saric who would be a top 5 pick if re-drafted.
Twolves have the best young player in the NBA plus Wiggins and Butler. I'm less confident in them, I really think Philly is on the best path.
Boston has to get a lot right to contend with these teams going forward imo and I don't see them contending with Warriors right now no matter what they do.

Hayward to Boston, thoughts on that guys?
Well he left a good team in a stacked conference for a good team in a piss weak conference, I know that Utah went out of their way to draft and trade for players he wanted, and then to not at least give them a heads up ala Paul George seems fairly poor on his behalf, and to have the decision leaked out before even telling the Jazz as per Woj...

Good for Boston no doubt, hopefully IT will pass him the ball now and again.

Has Derrick Rose had a massive fall from grace recently or are the Clippers dreaming by offering him their MLE of 8.4 million to play backup point to Pat Bev? Seems like yesterday he was winning the MVP.

Rondo another one that went from hero to zero in a very short amount of time.

I was more asking will Hayward benefit Boston a lot? I have supported Boston since around 2008 but I have never been fully into NBA like I am with afl or even NFL, I'm trying to get into it now and follow it a lot more closely.

I have heard of Hayward and know he came from the Jazz but never really watched him or know a lot about him, is he a really good player? Is he and the likes of Tatum and another year into Brown enough to challenge the Cavs in playoffs?

I was more asking will Hayward benefit Boston a lot? I have supported Boston since around 2008 but I have never been fully into NBA like I am with afl or even NFL, I'm trying to get into it now and follow it a lot more closely.

I have heard of Hayward and know he came from the Jazz but never really watched him or know a lot about him, is he a really good player? Is he and the likes of Tatum and another year into Brown enough to challenge the Cavs in playoffs?
Yep I can see Boston pushing cavs a lot more this season in the playoffs. He's a top 25 player, maybe even top 20.

Hayward is a gun. He will significantly improve Boston but I don't think enough to challenge LeBron in any meaningful way and still a fair way behind some of the western conference teams.

As someone who supports the Jazz I have watched a lot of Hayward since he arrived, I've probably watched 80% of his games.

He is one of the most well rounded players in the league, he can do everything well, there is zero deficiencies on the offensive or defensive end, and has bulked up considerably in the last couple of years which was probably his only point of weakness.

He's improved every year and is a fanatic when it comes to the desire to work hard and get better, he will certainly get more recognition as a top line player now than he ever has at Utah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be one boring season of NBA.

Well I mean they'll win the championship again barring any major injuries, but it doesn't mean the season will be. I see you follow the 76ers, if Embid and Simmons stay fit your season should be anything but boring, you guys have gained 10 wins over replacement outside of the improvement that will come from your young blokes through signing Johnson and Redick, and ditching Rodriguez and Henderson.

Should be a fun season to follow for you.

The Timbs certainly won't be having a boring season, either will the Rockets or the Thunder.

Golden State look better then last season. They've done more then what the Cavs have done. Going to be one boring season of NBA.

The Nick Young addition is exceptional (he was an NBA and I'd imagine all-time high 3.9 3pt per 36min last season and shooting a highly impressive 40.4% in doing so). Though the goofball factor with both JaVale McGee and Nick Young together (see years in Washington) and I don't think they'll get the best out of eachother, despite respective career years last year.

They're going to need a lot of good veteran signings to keep that pairing stable.

When you've got the pieces though, with the big 4 Golden State have. If anyone wants to win, that's the first team they're going to express interest signing with.

Well I mean they'll win the championship again barring any major injuries, but it doesn't mean the season will be. I see you follow the 76ers, if Embid and Simmons stay fit your season should be anything but boring, you guys have gained 10 wins over replacement outside of the improvement that will come from your young blokes through signing Johnson and Redick, and ditching Rodriguez and Henderson.

Should be a fun season to follow for you.

The Timbs certainly won't be having a boring season, either will the Rockets or the Thunder.

I agree with you in regards to the 76ers.

Harden and Paul together will be fun to watch.

Tall point guard at 6'5. Distributes well and can hit the open 3. A solid enough Euro who can play backup PG in the NBA.

From what i've read, he's the best passer in the known universe. Some commentators have him starting along side Beverley at the 2. I personally can't see Doc not starting his son though.

From what i've read, he's the best passer in the known universe. Some commentators have him starting along side Beverley at the 2. I personally can't see Doc not starting his son though.

Definitely not a starter. Not that Austin is either.

LAC have a troublingly poor back court. Lou Williams is good off the bench but I'd really be hoping someone new can be added to improve upon what LAC have.

LAC want D.Rose, but whether he can be signed is the question.

Someone else may still be plausible and would be my hope.

Definitely not a starter. Not that Austin is either.

LAC have a troublingly poor back court. Lou Williams is good off the bench but I'd really be hoping someone new can be added to improve upon what LAC have.

LAC want D.Rose, but whether he can be signed is the question.

Someone else may still be plausible and would be my hope.

No chance. I believe we were hard capped after using our MLE which was used on Milos.
There was another way we could bring in Cole Aldrich as well but I can't remember how would that be done.

Interesting re Teodosic, my team had been into him for awhile and according to one of our very good insiders(David Locke)Teodosic and his agent were extremely clear that he wouldn't consider moving to the States for backup minutes.

The money wasn't of massive importance.

I wouldn't have him ahead of Beverley who is criminally underrated, check this list http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back