Opinion The NBA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Knightmare nahnah

Give me some thoughts fellas, who wins out here? We gave up a fair bit but Kyrie is elite.. who wins?
The trade makes the cavs worse in the now but we get 2 great assets. Boston gets the best player in the trade but what confuses me is why they wouldn't trade the pick for Paul George or Butler yet they'll trade it + Isaiah for Kyrie

We get a top 3 pick on top of everything else lol

Don't rate Crowder...Thomas is ok but will leave after one season. If I were cavs, I'd have opted for 3-4 first rounders to help rebuild when LeBron leaves.

Don't rate Crowder...Thomas is ok but will leave after one season. If I were cavs, I'd have opted for 3-4 first rounders to help rebuild when LeBron leaves.
You were saying Jordan straight swap :p

how i see it:
Isaiah + Zizic + Brooklyn First + Crowder >> Bledsoe + Josh Jackson + Miami pick
So we did better than the best deal i thought we could get.

You were saying Jordan straight swap :p

how i see it:
Isaiah + Zizic + Brooklyn First + Crowder >> Bledsoe + Josh Jackson + Miami pick
So we did better than the best deal i thought we could get.

I'm genuinely happy for you.
Treasure this feeling as losing LeBron and Thomas for nothing next year will most likely be a bitter pill to swallow.

I'm genuinely happy for you.
Treasure this feeling as losing LeBron and Thomas for nothing next year will most likely be a bitter pill to swallow.
I don't care for Isaiah, I would favour bringing him off the bench with Crowder. Our prize for losing the finals will be a top 3 pick.
We turned Mo Williams into Kyrie and a championship then turned that into another high pick + all star pg. Stay winning Clippers.

I don't care for Isaiah, I would favour bringing him off the bench with Crowder. Our prize for losing the finals will be a top 3 pick.
We turned Mo Williams into Kyrie and a championship then turned that into another high pick + all star pg. Stay winning Clippers.

End of the day, you've become a destination club because of LeBron and depending where they assemble the "Banana Boaters", you may continue to be so for the next 2-3 years. After that though, you'll just become another team situated in the middle of nowhere, scrapping with the perennial losers again.

As for the Clippers, no-one is going to argue that they've been probably the worst team the NBA has ever seen thus far.
I'm confident though that with Steve Ballmer at the helm and the front office we're building, we'll continue to trend North and build an organisation that the "LeBron's" of this World will want to be drafted to.

Knightmare nahnah

Give me some thoughts fellas, who wins out here? We gave up a fair bit but Kyrie is elite.. who wins?

Fascinating trade.

It's good for Boston in that it makes them a more legitimate chance out East, adding a genuine star and upgrading on IT with someone while still not good defensively, less bad at least defensively. It also saves them on the dilemma on should they/shouldn't they give IT a max deal. With several small forward options, the loss of Crowder just means minutes to others.

For Cleveland. It's about as good as could be had. IT can make buckets though his poor defense will be exploited. Jae Crowder gives LeBron relief minutes and can be a solid rotational piece who can be a 3+D guy which is handy and gives Cleveland extra depth. What I like for Cleveland and what makes it a pass make it that Brooklyn 2018 1st round pick. Brooklyn are shocking and Cleveland are getting a top 1-4 pick.

Who wins? Boston. They're getting the best player in the deal and are getting better. Cleveland didn't embarrass themselves though in a deal that looks after their short and long term reasonably well - the latter important with the increasing noise that LeBron may leave Cleveland after this season.

Knightmare thoughts on Michael Porter jnr vs Marvin Bagley vs Luka Doncic?

Haven't seen any of them. They would all have been high school last year going into their first college seasons.

They're all such early stages that their draft positions and any evaluations really need to be based on what they do this upcoming season, with improvement and production to play a part.

That top four all have quite a bit of hype surrounding them - Porter, Bagley, Bamba and Ayton. Early season, it feels like they're the ones to listen out most closely for.

2018 season predictions;

West
Golden State Warriors
2. Houston Rockets
3. Oklahoma City
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Minnesota Timberwolves
6. LA Clippers
7. New Orleans Pelicans
8. Denver Nuggets

East
Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Washington Wizards
4. Milwaukee Bucks
5. Toronto Raptors
6. Miami Heat
7. Philadelphia 76ers
8. Charlotte Hornets

Champions
Golden State Warriors (How Boring)

Runners Up

Cleveland Cavaliers

MVP
James Harden

MIP:
Gary Harris

ROY

Dennis Smith

6th Man:
Lou Williams

DPOY:
Kawhi Leonard

Last edited:
2018 season predictions;

West
Golden State Warriors
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Houston Rockets
Oklahoma City
5. LA Clippers
6. Portland
7. Utah
8. Minnesota Timberwolves

East
Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Milwaukee Bucks
4. Washington Wizards
5. Toronto Raptors
6. Charlotte Hornets
7. Miami Heat
8. Philadelphia 76ers

Champions
Golden State Warriors

Runners Up

Cleveland Cavaliers

MVP
Kyrie Irving

MIP:
Devin Booker

ROY

Ben Simmons

6th Man:
Eric Gordon

DPOY:
Draymond Green

Coach of the year:
Jason Kidd

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to change my MVP pick.

With Melo and Paul George joining Westbrook. While Westbrook will still be a ball hog, with three guys who need the ball in their hands on offense, I can't see Westbrook dominating the ball as much or getting the numbers to be in the MVP conversation.

Had to change my MVP pick.

With Melo and Paul George joining Westbrook. While Westbrook will still be a ball hog, with three guys who need the ball in their hands on offense, I can't see Westbrook dominating the ball as much or getting the numbers to be in the MVP conversation.

Thunder now have a Chance at Beating the Warriors Now

Thunder now have a Chance at Beating the Warriors Now

In the regular season maybe :D

They have firepower, but will struggle as a team.

I'm not convinced they'll be in the Western finals let along giving the Warriors a challenge.

Spurs and maybe Houston who have also powered up, can be better than OKC.

MILOS TEODOSIC..... That is all!!

<--- What is this? The circus?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not a huge Melo guy, don't think he's that much of a difference maker... George is but that's not enough

George was super, but badly regressed last year. No longer a certain all star.

Agree on Melo. Scorer but a high usage/ball stopper who doesn't do much else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back