Opinion The NBA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm closing in on 10k posts I might message Chief and see if I can get an entire sub board in my honour

Hahaha - I will second that

My push to get you appointed a mod has a lot of underground support - think we will witness a nahnah Spring

EDIT: what the hell am I even doing in this thread - I'm normally in the book thread or one of the rubbish vanity thread's that I set-up?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very smart by the clippers to blow it up on the eve of the strongest draft in years while also opening up the cap space to sign LeBron + PG

Highly Doubt LeBron would leave Cavs

LeBron has been rumoured mostly to Houston. He's best buddies with CP3 and Harden is terrific also. Is Houston the best destination? That's three guys who all play best when they have the ball. It also might mean losing Capela who is probably their most important player, if they were to lose him, they wouldn't win anything and I suspect would take a step back, even if LeBron joined them.

If Capela can't be retained by the Rockets. The Spurs in my view are that next best spot. How they're still winning without Kawhi is incredible. And adding LeBron to that team, they could contend and cause the Warriors trouble.

As for LeBron remaining in Cleveland. It seems unlikely. He has long hated with Dan Gilbert. Suspects that Gilbert will sell the team - and hating him would want to leave first before Gilbert gets max value for the franchise sale. He's annoyed at the dumping of now former GM David Griffin. He wanted Paul George and Bledsoe and they may both have been there had Gilbert not make the poor timed firing. LeBron also didn't support the Irving/IT trade.
The final straw seems to be whether the Cavs trade that Nets pick gained through the IT trade. If they don't, it is expected LeBron will leave. And with LeBron rumoured to leave, that's exactly why Cleveland would look to retain the pick, concerned about their future, with LeBron's concern obviously about winning another chip.

LeBron to LA? He has a home in LA and likes it there. He likes the game of Lonzo Ball, but knows the Lakers don't have enough to win, to be of any real interest to him. Same with the Clippers.

Paul George also likely stays in OKC - assuming they get out of the first round, if not he may weigh his options. He was really happy about Westbrook coming to his defence about missing out on the All-Star game.

LeBron has been rumoured mostly to Houston. He's best buddies with CP3 and Harden is terrific also. Is Houston the best destination? That's three guys who all play best when they have the ball. It also might mean losing Capela who is probably their most important player, if they were to lose him, they wouldn't win anything and I suspect would take a step back, even if LeBron joined them.

If Capela can't be retained by the Rockets. The Spurs in my view are that next best spot. How they're still winning without Kawhi is incredible. And adding LeBron to that team, they could contend and cause the Warriors trouble.

As for LeBron remaining in Cleveland. It seems unlikely. He has long hated with Dan Gilbert. Suspects that Gilbert will sell the team - and hating him would want to leave first before Gilbert gets max value for the franchise sale. He's annoyed at the dumping of now former GM David Griffin. He wanted Paul George and Bledsoe and they may both have been there had Gilbert not make the poor timed firing. LeBron also didn't support the Irving/IT trade.
The final straw seems to be whether the Cavs trade that Nets pick gained through the IT trade. If they don't, it is expected LeBron will leave. And with LeBron rumoured to leave, that's exactly why Cleveland would look to retain the pick, concerned about their future, with LeBron's concern obviously about winning another chip.

LeBron to LA? He has a home in LA and likes it there. He likes the game of Lonzo Ball, but knows the Lakers don't have enough to win, to be of any real interest to him. Same with the Clippers.

Paul George also likely stays in OKC - assuming they get out of the first round, if not he may weigh his options. He was really happy about Westbrook coming to his defence about missing out on the All-Star game.
For LeBron to go to Houston they’d need to work out a sign and trade and dump Anderson in Cleveland. Gonna need to find a lot of first rounders to convince the cavs to take that steaming pile of dog s**t contract

For LeBron to go to Houston they’d need to work out a sign and trade and dump Anderson in Cleveland. Gonna need to find a lot of first rounders to convince the cavs to take that steaming pile of dog s**t contract

LeBron will opt-out and Clippers will dump all contracts of note expect CP3 and Harden. Or so the theory goes.

LeBron will opt-out and Clippers will dump all contracts of note expect CP3 and Harden. Or so the theory goes.
Houston will need to find someone to take on Anderson’s which will be difficult.

Clippers could potential trade Lou Williams for a first, DJ for a first. Giving them 4 firsts in the draft. Sign LeBron, Cousins, PG and then trade all the draft picks for a Davis/Kawhi should those players demand a trade (rumours of Kawhi wanting out bubbling around) giving them a big of LeBron, Cousins, PG, Davis/Kawhi.

Houston will need to find someone to take on Anderson’s which will be difficult.

Clippers could potential trade Lou Williams for a first, DJ for a first. Giving them 4 firsts in the draft. Sign LeBron, Cousins, PG and then trade all the draft picks for a Davis/Kawhi should those players demand a trade (rumours of Kawhi wanting out bubbling around) giving them a big of LeBron, Cousins, PG, Davis/Kawhi.

There has been talk about a LeBron and Davis union. Imagine LeBron, Davis and Cousins in New Orleans?

LeBron, Cousins and PG in the West may not make the Western finals. Golden State and Houston I'd assess if those teams stick together as stronger.

Ryan Anderson can still play (just not in Houston where his numbers at home are dreadful, but away he's a good piece). A lot of teams could use a stretch four. Houston may need to give up a pick to shred his contract, but they'll move aggressively to put themselves under the cap for a shot at LeBron, if indeed they believe they are a shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back