Opinion The NBA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Durant and the Warriors getting a free ride from the refs. Never seen a charge foul getting reversed as a block ever.

Watching the game now.

The lack of calls on those fouls v Harden in game 7 I took offence to. A lot of missed calls. So many that the string probably would have broken and Golden State probably wouldn't have been able to come back. Particularly in what was a home game for Houston. It felt like match fixing. I haven't seen anything like it before.

Watching the game now.

The lack of calls on those fouls v Harden in game 7 I took offence to. A lot of missed calls. So many that the string probably would have broken and Golden State probably wouldn't have been able to come back. Particularly in what was a home game for Houston. It felt like match fixing. I haven't seen anything like it before.

IT's Rigged

Watching the game now.

They checked the LeBron block because they thought he might of been in the restricted area even though he was 2 feet outside it. Lol. Just sounds like they wanted a reason to look at it then be able to change it from a charge to a block.

With the NBA only going to profit off of a long series, in theory the refs would be doing everything they can to help the Cavs in order to extend the series.
the refs may have bets on a short series though, given theyd assume the warriors win it would be easier to guarantee it. One of the refs reffing both game 7 of WCF and game 1 of the finals has already been linked to it in the past

for what its worth i didnt watch game 1 so i cant say if it was fixed or not. Game 7 of the WCF is very hard to believe that it wasnt fixed though.

Game 1 I didn't take offence to the calls in.

Though bballbreakdown did a video on it.

There just wasn't anything that felt flagrantly wrong.

It was really lost between a combination of Hill not making his second ft and JR Smith not being with it in the moment and not realising the scores were tied when he got the offensive rebound.

--
I think with game 7 in the Warriors v Rockets, it was more in that game, they officiated in a way where they didn't want to call too many touchy/reachy fouls, which lead to many of the fouls on Harden not being made. As opposed to genuine match fixing.

But it was just a case of, Harden should have had about 7-9 more ft attempts than he was awarded, and he would have failed 6/7 of those comfortably. And the result had that happened may have been very different.

Maybe it's a game that opens the door for LeBron to join Houston in a similar way to KD joining Golden State after that loss to the Cavs? Having that relationship with CP3, and Darryl Morey willingly breaking things down if it means bringing in better talent, I'm increasingly expecting LeBron to Houston, rather than the 76ers who make zero sense for him to join, with Bellineli and JJ Reddick both free agents.

Though I'll stand firm with Boston being his best destination, just as I did with LeBron to the Bulls in 2010. Imagine LeBron and D.Wade joining D.Rose, Deng, Noah, Gibson, Asik. Butler would still have been drafted to the Bulls as would Mirotic. Draymond Green would have joined the Bulls rather than Marquis Teague in 2012 had Rose not done his ACL. And they'd still for a minimum deal get their Aaron Brooks/Nate Robinson/DJ Augustin as instant offense off the bench at the point and the likes of Kirk Hinrich coming back to join the Bulls for a minimum deal after that Hawks deal expired. That team would have had the 90s Bulls comfortably covered.

What makes the Celtics so great is the combination of their league best defence, league best coach, and league best youth. Tatum and Brown can be all-stars next year and can become Paul Pierce/Ray Allen equivalents on quality. Horford is their KG. Then Irving is obviously special and is a great matchup for Curry.
If Irving doesn't want to play with LeBron, Irving can pretty easily be swapped directly for Damian Lillard and that's a special team.

Kawhi wants out and wants to get to LA.

Spurs don't want to send Kawhi to a team in the West and really don't want to send him to LAL any time soon to create a LeBron/Kawhi superteam.

The Celtics and 76ers are the most obvious teams to trade Kawhi to.

One team out West though I think the Spurs should be calling is the TWolves to enquire into the availability of KAT.

James is good as gone from the Cavs Then

Looks like Lakers. With the hope Lakers can trade for Kawhi (going to take a godfather deal). Then sign one of CP3 or Paul George - the latter the more likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul George is back with OKC.

Will be interesting to see who if anyone LeBron can recruit to LAL. Or if LAL can even reach a trade for Kawhi.

Does make it Hard for Lakers now.

Could he go to Rockets to play with Harden and Paul?

Don't think he will.

DeMarcus Cousins may go to LAL.

He gone to the Lakers so Lakers must be Bringing in something else that is Good because they did not have much Else

He gone to the Lakers so Lakers must be Bringing in something else that is Good because they did not have much Else

A long term commitment from LeBron. He'll retire a Laker.

With the long term deal, the hope would be that others will want to join him, knowing he'll be there for those years.

I'm surprised he picked Lakers. Only reason would be family reasons as they aren't gonna get close to beating GS or the Rockets.

and Money he will make Off The Court. Wants to be a Actor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back