Opinion The NBA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As for my own team, the cavs. Very excited for Garland.. his shooting looks incredible and I think he can be a decent playmaker with his handle. I wanted them to draft him once we fell to pick 5. I'm all out on Sexton though, his playmaking is pure crap... his scoring doesnt make up enough of his deficiencies such as tunnel vision and awful defense. Also with Garland now here I dont see a backcourt of Garland/Sexton working. Hope he proves me wrong, did well post all star break scoring wise but I would be looking to trade for a better fit.
I like Winder in the draft where we got him, shooter that can develop into a rotation player. KP I'm not sold on but has talent, see how he develops over the season. History suggests as a franchise we don't develop these types very well.
Rest of the roster is junk.

Expecting around 20-25 wins and a lot of dumping expiring's for picks like last year.

Is Tristan Thompson on an expiring contract?
He could be a good pick up for the Clips @ the 5.
Doesn't seem like a great locker room guy though?

What would Sexton be worth on the open market?

Is Tristan Thompson on an expiring contract?
yep, 18mil expiring so may be hard to match salaries. He had a decent game today.

Doesn't seem like a great locker room guy though?
Fine from what i can tell, unless your team has a Kardashian on the roster :p

What would Sexton be worth on the open market?
I would trade him for a late lottery pick, hard to say what his worth is though

Man, this Clippers team is going to be exciting to watch this year.

14-0 start against the Warriors.

Draymond exited the game with an arm injury too.

As a Celtics fan didn’t think we were in with much of a chance against The Bucks. 16 down at half time didn’t look good. But what a 3rd quarter, 38 points! Walker has been such a good pick up so far. His 4th quarters have been huge!

I feel terribly sorry for the daughter, but the metoo moment of Kobe has been totally blown over.... kind of a shame really, if it was Harvey Weinstein wjp died in the helicopter accident would it be an outpouring of grief like this? I don't wish he died, but this needs to be highlighted as part of his legacy so that women can feel free to speak up if it happens to them.

I feel terribly sorry for the daughter, but the metoo moment of Kobe has been totally blown over.... kind of a shame really, if it was Harvey Weinstein wjp died in the helicopter accident would it be an outpouring of grief like this? I don't wish he died, but this needs to be highlighted as part of his legacy so that women can feel free to speak up if it happens to them.
I know nothing about Kobe. But if the metoo moment you refer to is the allegations made by a hotel worker, then you cannot compare Weinstein to Bryant. In the end Bryant accepted that what he thought was consensual was not. Weinstein has not and looks like he never will.
I make no excuses for Bryant, but I simply can’t c9mpare the two.

I know nothing about Kobe. But if the metoo moment you refer to is the allegations made by a hotel worker, then you cannot compare Weinstein to Bryant. In the end Bryant accepted that what he thought was consensual was not. Weinstein has not and looks like he never will.
I make no excuses for Bryant, but I simply can’t c9mpare the two.
Read some transcripts of the incident. they are very damaging. I have no problem with him being feted as a basketballer but this needs to be brought up. Hiding it just disrespects women

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read some transcripts of the incident. they are very damaging. I have no problem with him being feted as a basketballer but this needs to be brought up. Hiding it just disrespects women

I assume the transcript your referring to is the secretly recorded police interview of a black man in a hotel corridor without an attorney present that was conducted without reading Kobe his rights after surgery that day but was permitted as evidence by a white judge in a state who only abolished slavery from their constitution last year and whose team was 0-4 against the Lakers?

It has been bought up.
It has been reported after his death.
And boiled down, the victim has moved on, the wife has moved on, the apology is public record.
Not one human on this earth is perfect. But there are many more monsters out there than the one you are targeting.

I assume the transcript your referring to is the secretly recorded police interview of a black man in a hotel corridor without an attorney present that was conducted without reading Kobe his rights after surgery that day but was permitted as evidence by a white judge in a state who only abolished slavery from their constitution last year and whose team was 0-4 against the Lakers?

hundreds of other articles to read if that isnt enough.

I am not happy he died. i think its a tragedy, i feel really really bad for his daughter, his family and the others who died and the families of the victims. But to treat him as a god... well its not right.

Kobe was more than just a basketball player.

He inspired hundreds of millions globally and helped many in their journeys in more than just the basketball world. He's an author, produced short film, a business man, a wonderful dad who was inspiring one of the up and coming and projected great future female sports people on the come up in his daughter who also died in the chopper.

He's someone people can learn a lot from and take a lot out of the book of. He's about hard work. He's driven, he believes in himself and he believes in the work in put in and he left it all out there so he had no regrets.

The way Kobe approached life. His methods, it could be applied to anything and allow people to be the best versions of themselves and get everything out of themselves. He was a master of learning and improving and being the best.

What's incredible about Kobe is how he changed as a person. He transformed himself and his reputation completely, going from hated for his arrogance to loved for his competitiveness and confidence. He went from a guy who was intensely private and wouldn't give anything away to someone giving who became generous.

My view on Kobe is the key is learning lessons from his life. What he did well. Take those things and apply that to you. Use that to improve you and drive you to greater success. Learn how Kobe did it, think about how you can apply those lessons to yourself.

It's a tragedy he and the other 8 died. Kobe had so much more to offer the world. So did he daughter. And who knows what the others on that flight had to offer the world. It's up to people to live the Mamba Mentality and keep it living on.

The Mamba Mentality means not doing things half way, not doing things to get it done. Going full bore. Doing the learning, doing the job right and to a level no one else knows is possible.

I am not happy he died. i think its a tragedy, i feel really really bad for his daughter, his family and the others who died and the families of the victims. But to treat him as a god... well its not right.
Interesting take, can't say I disagree

F@#$ off idiot. The man did wrong in his life... Plenty of wrong but he learned from it and by the time of his death, was a huge advocate of women's rights in sport and in general. We all stuff up in life... It's those who atone that deserve the greatest respect.

RIP Kobe. Your good far outweighed your bad.

I reiiterate HeathComeBack, f@#$ off!

F@#$ off idiot. The man did wrong in his life... Plenty of wrong but he learned from it and by the time of his death, was a huge advocate of women's rights in sport and in general. We all stuff up in life... It's those who atone that deserve the greatest respect.

RIP Kobe. Your good far outweighed your bad.

I reiiterate HeathComeBack, f@#$ off!
lol playing basketball well outweighed rape. OK
I *en hate gods being made out of people that dont deserve it just because they died. I already said i feel really bad for his family, and i dont want him to die. His legacy to basketball is great but you cannot forget he did this. 95 percent of women who get raped dont report it. You know why? because of what happens to them when they do. They get shamed, they have to appear in court where they pretty much always defend themselves as not being sluts. They have to go through invasive medical tests and then most of the cases get dismissed because its so hard to prove as its almost always his word against hers. And then you get morons who say they deserve it because of the way they dressed or acted. There was heaps of evidence that he did it and he changed his story many times as more evidence came out to suit himself. Its a despicable act and he got away with it because he had money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back