General Bombers Talk The NEC Hangar

Remove this Banner Ad

The Adrian Dodoro Centre For People Who Can’t Trade Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too
What is this? A true value solar centre for ants? It has to be at least three times bigger than this.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/7c898a97d0431efa82dcac114e931539

Among other news, The Hangar is the new name voted the club's high performance training centre:

Essendon today announced that it’s Tullamarine headquarters will be known as “The Hangar”.

Members have provided the money to offset a naming rights sponsorship and voted on the facility name.

“It’s something that we’ll all identify with,” Worsfold said.

“This (Tullamarine facility) has had a commercial name for a number of years and now it has an Essendon branded name which is wonderful for the footy club.

“It’s about saying this is about Essendon footy club — not just the players. It’s a big family, big supporter network. We’re rapt to have been able to have the opportunity to let our members name it.”

no surprises there of course, but I do think it's extremely notable and a wonderful thing that the club, through the support of members, is in the position to forego naming right sponsorship dollars and have the chance to create an identity for the club's headquarters that won't change names every time the sponsorship rights are up.

Kudos to all involved for such a good outcome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I saw the name "The Hangar", I thought they were redoing that series of 20min episodes they had in 2013. The one that followed the players and staff around during their training and preparation.

Dissapo:'(inted.

What the hell is wrong with pocketing a mil a year from some crazy rich overseas conglomerate and calling it ‘The ________ Hangar?’

Rinse, repeat, profit
The point is not needing to do it. Having something that is demonstrably owned by the members of the club that isn't up for sale as a commercial asset to be flogged off to the highest bidder. To have something meaningful. I could go on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back